skymama

Do you get a flu shot?

I've never gotten a flu shot. Of course, I don't go to the doctor unless I'm practically dying either! :) Last voluntary shot I got was a tetanus shot.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I only got them when I was in the Army and in the Maritime Academy (also had to pass a yearly medical, and all that stuff). But voluntarily -- never had, never will.
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

OK, I got the shot. They had a ton of nurses there, so it took all of 5 minutes. I swear, I better not get sick from it though, or I'm never getting one again! :P

Good for you, now just keep getting them every year. I used to get some nasty flus, but started getting the shots when I turned forty. Have not had a single nasty flu now for eleven years.

It never ceases to amaze me that every year at work, some poor slob will miss a whole week, then come back with a horror story about terrible headaches and hurling his or her guts up and wishing they could die. But when I suggest that maybe next year they get a flu shot, they rear up and say, "Oh I NEVER get flu shots !" All I can say is "Well obviously not...".

People used to think that smallpox inoculations would turn them into a cow. It's the same thing now and every bit as silly.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Got mine a couple weeks ago.

I got the Flu Mist stuff though....it tastes like someone sneezed in your mouth. :S

I had to get that shit. It always gave me the flu. A mild case, yes, but it still got me sick.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Good for you, now just keep getting them every year.

I dunno...I've been achey and exhausted all weekend, sore throat, stuffy nose. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it does seem it might have made me sick in addition to having a sore arm with a big bruise. I haven't had the flu in years, maybe I'll just go with luck next year instead of feeling like this.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Sorry you feel like shit. Since I see sick people all day long, it's definitely to my advantage to take the shot. But if your job doesn't involve contact with sick people and you're healthy I probably wouldn't take it again if it made me sick once. Betting on luck can be aided by washing your hands often and not picking your nose (lol).

People who really need the shot are old folks, people in poor health, people with pulmonary problems (asthma), people who live with someone in poor health or with pulmonary problems.

Hope you feel better, Andrea....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Got mine a couple weeks ago.

I got the Flu Mist stuff though....it tastes like someone sneezed in your mouth. :S

I had to get that shit. It always gave me the flu. A mild case, yes, but it still got me sick.

Yeah I got lucky. I didn't get anything, however three guys I know got the same thing and were stuck in bed for three days. :S

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Good for you, now just keep getting them every year.

I dunno...I've been achey and exhausted all weekend, sore throat, stuffy nose. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it does seem it might have made me sick in addition to having a sore arm with a big bruise. I haven't had the flu in years, maybe I'll just go with luck next year instead of feeling like this.

I will admit that every 3rd year or so a flu shot will kick my butt, with aches and pains in my lower back and generalized crumminess, but never enough to miss a day's work (heaven forbid). My shot this year gave me an achey arm for a few hours, but other than that I'm good. Also there's a rotten chest cold going around this month, which had floored a lot of the Perris crowd. Fortunately this cold stays in the chest and doesn't go upstairs to the head, so jumping was possible.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

To revive this wonderful thread.... I'm guessing that maybe the flu shot didn't quite hit the mark this year. I've been sick for 4 days with the flu. Didn't get it as bad as my son, though.

The schools have been just about empty. My friend Angela's 3rd grade class had 5 children there yesterday and today. My son was the 135th child to sign out yesterday....and there are only about 500 kids K-4.

So how are the rest of y'all faring???

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

To revive this wonderful thread.... I'm guessing that maybe the flu shot didn't quite hit the mark this year. I've been sick for 4 days with the flu. Didn't get it as bad as my son, though.

The schools have been just about empty. My friend Angela's 3rd grade class had 5 children there yesterday and today. My son was the 135th child to sign out yesterday....and there are only about 500 kids K-4.

So how are the rest of y'all faring???

linz

I work in the ER...it is starting to show up here now, but really had not been as rampant as last year.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I work in the ER...it is starting to show up here now, but really had not been as rampant as last year.

We had 32 positives in the ER last Sunday....and it's not THAT big of an ER... I get the flu shot every year and consider myself protected....even though I know better. This year was a reminder. Ugh.
--

Your Hotness, I only get mine because they make me...

I see no need to get a vaccination of a strain of flu that the "experts" think will be the main strain affecting people in a particular winter season. I don't get sick except when I get the flu shot. (It's actually the body reacting to the vaccination, not actually being sick. Same symptoms though.)

The military forces me to receive this vaccination. I attempted to deny reciept of the flu shot this year. I got an ultimatum: get the shot or get charged for disobeying a direct order by an officer.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

My employer which is a hospital here in GA strongly recommends the flu shot but I've been in the healthcare industry for 12+ years and have never had the shot and perhaps I'm unique or have a kickass immune system, but I've had the fewest sick days of any other rep in the field.;)

We had 32 positives in the ER last Sunday....and it's not THAT big of an ER... I get the flu shot every year and consider myself protected....even though I know better. This year was a reminder. Ugh.

I am sure that we haven't been hit by it yet. I too get the flu shot every year because the patients are nice enough to cough in my face when given the chance. We see about 65,000/yr.....I expect that we will get hit in the next couple of weeks.:(
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Ha yea we'll all be banned from DZ.com if skymama get's sick! You should be Fine though Sweetheart. I get mine every year, for at least 10 yrs now and I swear to you I have never once gotten sick from the shot. And I haven't come down with a single flu since then either no matter how many others around me did, year after year. Good Luck sweetie, if it hurts just come back here we'll kiss it and make it all better!:o;)
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}