Nataly

Hypothetical #1: spouse vs. best friend

Your spouse/SO sleeps with your best friend. Which one are you most upset with?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

you really shouldn't have a "Both" option in a hypothetical about "most upset with".

That just lets people cop out on the answer

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

you really shouldn't have a "Both" option in a hypothetical about "most upset with".

Having a "both" option is reasonable.

The question is 'who are you MOST upset with'

so having "both" is not reasonable at all - unless this is a poll to see how many people get uncomfortable with the question and won't examine their own thoughts as such - and we already have "boobies" for that

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Not to be a grammar nazi, but it should be 'more upset' as there are only two choices. Kind of like 'better foot foward' is correct.

It would be hard for me to decide, as I would feel extremely betrayed by both.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

If all three talked before it happened? No need for anyone to be upset.

If neither told the third person? Then the person who's most deceitful is the spouse - they were the one who was in the committed relationship.

But who should you be most upset with? No way to figure that out. You might easily forgive your spouse (because you have stronger feelings for them) and not be able to forgive your friend. Or vice versa.

Answer one:
Since i don't have a spouse, I would feel more upset with my best friends for not telling me that I had a spouse this whole time.

Answer two:
I'd be more upset with the person who turned me in for shooting both of them.

Answer three:
Boobies.
My photos

My Videos

The problem with being pissed off at your best friend is that he looks at you with his big brown eyes, pleading with you to not be mad any more, then he wags his tail. It's hard I tell ya.

:ph34r: Best post I've read in a while

If all three talked before it happened? No need for anyone to be upset.

If neither told the third person? Then the person who's most deceitful is the spouse - they were the one who was in the committed relationship.

But who should you be most upset with? No way to figure that out. You might easily forgive your spouse (because you have stronger feelings for them) and not be able to forgive your friend. Or vice versa.

You do bring up the other option (though just because they talked about it doesn't mean you still won't find yourself upset anyway for various interpersonal scenarios)

I like this. Choices are:

1 - spouse
2 - friend
3 - meh - don't care - 'we have an arrangement'
4 - I don't want to pick one, even in a hypothetical poll because I don't like making decisions
5 - boobies

The problem with being pissed off at your best friend is that he looks at you with his big brown eyes, pleading with you to not be mad any more, then he wags his tail. It's hard I tell ya.

To be fair, the Bible prohibits coveting thy neighbor's wife. Doesn't say anything about coveting the master's wife. So sex with the family pet is obviously a loophole that God missed.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I chose both. It's not a cop out. I would shoot both, so what's the difference?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Does my hypothetical wife look hot in cowboy boots and shorts??

Oh, wait...

That's the other poll.

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I disagree. I would be upset with both. And I think upset is putting it mildly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

But you could choose neither because you are equally mad at both and there is not one that is more than the other.

It took two to tango and both new at least one was in a committed relationship, so why someone required to be more angry at one or the other. They both broke a trust and to some, in that scenario, there is no degree where one gets more anger and one gets less anger.

To me, as long as they explain why it is neither then its not an easy out.

But there are other variables that could be at play: how long they had been friends, how good of friends, how long was the marriage, how is the spouse, is your friend an easy lay when they get wasted & spouse got them wasted? These could all be answered in the other scenarios but I haven't gotten that far yet.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

Had to say neither as at the same time my wife was screwing the best friend, I was screwing his SO and as far as my wife and I are concerned it doesn't count as cheating if you're in the same room.

Kind of like musical chairs? :D

Certainly more interesting that a couple of hands of bridge. :)