promise5

What is one thing that you will absolutely never understand the appeal of?

ryoder

***Jolly flat here too ... wind is our 'hills' in East Anglia:)

We get wind by the shitload here in the winter.>:(
Half the rides I miss in the winter is because the wind is so high I can't even hold a line in the crosswind.>:(

The ride home frmo work one day last week was infuriating. Not only was it 113°F, but I had a brutal crosswind picking up sand from the beach and sandblasting me as it was trying to blow me into traffic :D
cavete terrae.

Remster

113.... Yuck.

I personally call it and take the car if they are forecasting 105+ in the afternoon for my commute.

The week prior I had sworn I would ride all 5 days of last week, "come hell or high water".

With only one day under 100 (96…), I got the former!
cavete terrae.

Remster

113.... Yuck.

I personally call it and take the car if they are forecasting 105+ in the afternoon for my commute.

I've ridden a few times here when the temp was ~100F.:S
(2) 1 liter bottles of water didn't even last 15 miles.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

masterrig

***Hi John,

Justin Beiber

And would you please just take him back.

:S

JerryBaumchen

Right now, the little twerp is cooling his heels in a Florida jail for drag racing and DUI! :D:D:D

Chuck

And the poor marketing people at Lamborghini are trying figure out how to undo the bad image he's given their product.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***113.... Yuck.

I've ridden a few times here when the temp was ~100F.:S
(2) 1 liter bottles of water didn't even last 15 miles.[:/]

Yeah I'm a prolific sweat-producer so I average about a litre every 5 miles out of my camelbak. Though to be fair, 5 miles on my bike is probably about like 10 on yours ;)
cavete terrae.

ryoder

******Hi John,

Justin Beiber

And would you please just take him back.

:S

JerryBaumchen

Right now, the little twerp is cooling his heels in a Florida jail for drag racing and DUI! :D:D:D

Chuck

And the poor marketing people at Lamborghini are trying figure out how to undo the bad image he's given their product.[:/]

I'm not surprised! It's bad enough he's single-handedly destroyed his own image now he's taking down a tried and true, high quality, legenday product.
The time he spends in the slammer will only help his 'bad boy' image he desires.

Chuck

***. JUST GET SOME FLUID ACTION FOR 5 MINUTES.

Everyone on the field would be dead.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

grue

Thought of another one:

Dressing up. Fuck suits, fuck tuxedos.

Your girlfriend is a cosplay Queen, dont be dissing "dressing up";)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

And the poor marketing people at Lamborghini are trying figure out how to undo the bad image he's given their product.

Roger Rodas (the man killed with Paul Walker) was a talented race car driver and even his experience racing cars was not enough to save his and Walker's bacon when he lost control of his Porsche Carrera GT. What makes Beiber think he has what it takes to street race a Lambo when someone with way more experience couldn't do it. Oh silly me. Money + youth + the constant stream of fools fawning over celebrities makes the celebrity think "they are all that".

Here is hoping the FL authorities throw the book at Beiber. It's time this fool woke up and realized he is not all that special.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

What makes Beiber think he has what it takes to street race a Lambo when someone with way more experience couldn't do it.

Same reason the twatwaffles in their bimbo-box SUVs think they're invincible:

All wheel drive fixes EVERYTHING!
cavete terrae.

grue

*** What makes Beiber think he has what it takes to street race a Lambo when someone with way more experience couldn't do it.

Same reason the twatwaffles in their bimbo-box SUVs think they're invincible:

All wheel drive fixes EVERYTHING!

Well crap!! If it says 4 wheel drive it should be invincible, and if not invincible then dang it, it shouldn't get stuck!!!
And its not a bimbo box SUV. Its very nice blue SUV. :P
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

shropshire

*********Overweight lycra clad cyclists!!

I'll give them some slack;
At least they are making an effort to solve the problem.
And technically, I was one once.:P

How are we defining overweight, exactly?

I think that when you see it ... you'll know!!

Shouldn't you just have him PM Shaw for that answer?:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun