promise5

What is one thing that you will absolutely never understand the appeal of?

jono

Oysters! Why the fuck would anybody want to eat something that tastes like lumpy saltwater and looks worse than snot from a coal miner with a head cold is beyond me. :S

A few others in the food category -
prawn heads
chicken feet
insects

Sure, if I was actually starving to death and need to do a Bear Grills but in a restaurant.....no fucking way.

How about some Asian foods.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lK475dxZds

Amazon

***Oysters! Why the fuck would anybody want to eat something that tastes like lumpy saltwater and looks worse than snot from a coal miner with a head cold is beyond me. :S

A few others in the food category -
prawn heads
chicken feet
insects

Sure, if I was actually starving to death and need to do a Bear Grills but in a restaurant.....no fucking way.

How about some Asian foods.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lK475dxZds

Yep, that's what I'm talking about right there......just plain wrong. Shit like that should only be eaten if you are about to die of starvation or for a bet.....for large amounts of money.
Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

PLFXpert

Cosmetic surgery.

(With the exception of correcting problematic deformities & reconstructive.)

Also:

Pagents
Fireworks (after one is past the age of nine)
Licorice
Tanning...

WTH?

I - LOVE - parachute fireworks.

Light 'em and watch the kids try to catch them.

I still have like 16 of the 40" ones left.

You can also get a couple people and after they light off their roman candles, you light off a parachuts and tru to hit it on the way down.

And I'm 12 not 9.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Living an hour (or more!) from work. I cannot figure out how the hell people don't go crazy doing that. 15 minutes? No big deal. 30? Annoying. 45? Maddening. 60+? GTFO

More:

Expensive watches and other jewellery. I really, really don't get this one.
cavete terrae.

LuckyMcSwervy

I'm an hour and a half each way.

Crawling out of bed, going downstairs for coffee and then back up to my 3rd bedroom, which is my awesome home office, is my favorite "privilege" lately. :)

Jesus tittyfucking christ. I'm guessing you don't do that commute 5 days a week?

Setting aside the financial cost of putting that many miles on a car (unless you're taking a train or something, which would suck less as long as it's not crowded and you get to sit down and read or something… once I have to touch or smell other people, public transit gets old in about 40 seconds), the idea of spending 37.5% of a normal work day going either to or from work without getting paid for is… actually almost offensive :o

How do you do it?
cavete terrae.

grue

***I'm an hour and a half each way.

Crawling out of bed, going downstairs for coffee and then back up to my 3rd bedroom, which is my awesome home office, is my favorite "privilege" lately. :)

Jesus tittyfucking christ. I'm guessing you don't do that commute 5 days a week?

Setting aside the financial cost of putting that many miles on a car (unless you're taking a train or something, which would suck less as long as it's not crowded and you get to sit down and read or something… once I have to touch or smell other people, public transit gets old in about 40 seconds), the idea of spending 37.5% of a normal work day going either to or from work without getting paid for is… actually almost offensive :o

How do you do it?

I do an hour and half each way and have done for many years in various roles. Favourite mode of transport for long travel is public transport (relax and read, browse web etc), then motorbike, least favourite is car.

On the original topic of the thread - I will never understand anal sex or artificial titties. Artificial titties is the current disagreement with the girlfriend who is keen on them.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

nigel99

I do an hour and half each way and have done for many years in various roles. Favourite mode of transport for long travel is public transport (relax and read, browse web etc), then motorbike, least favourite is car.

You're a stronger man than I. I'd have cracked long ago.

Once or twice a week I might be able to do it if I was very well paid, but to do it 5 days a week I wouldn't even consider it for under $200k/yr AUD, I don't think. Or unless my work day was 4-5 hours :P
cavete terrae.

When I worked in the City of Centennial, (Southern burb of Denver), I had a coworker who lived in Colorado Springs.:S I don't know how the hell he could stand that daily drive, but at least it was mostly highway driving, and not stop & go city traffic.

Then I changed jobs and started working in Broomfield (Northern burb of Denver). I went from a 2 mile bicycle ride, to 45 minutes of driving in the morning, (when traffic was light), and a 1.5hr drive home. I was going out of my mind, and bought a house up there ASAP. For the 6 weeks I had to do it, I was buying more gas in one week, than I normally bought in a month.>:(

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

grue

***I'm an hour and a half each way.

How do you do it?

5 days a week for 13 years. Some days it was 3.5 hours each way, not counting sometimes sitting in hellacious NJ/NYC traffic, depending on where I was supposed to be in the state that particular day or week.

I was always in my own car but I collected a whopping .31 cents a mile in reimbursement after I deduct the 47 miles roundtrip daily. If I elect to take a state motor pool car I'd still have to drive the 1.5 hours to my office to collect the POS car to drive hours away to the work location and then drive back, collect my car and then go home. And if you got stuck you weren't allowed to use your own AAA account, you have to call the state's highway assistance. Ever been stuck on the NJ Turnpike in 100F heat on 4th of July Friday? I was in my own vehicle and passed a coworker stuck in said situation but they weren't allowed to come with me, they had to stay with the state car. Unbelievable.

Anyway, now I have a cozy home office and I'm tickled pink.

I've never taken public transportation for work. It's not convenient for me geographically or physically.
Always be kinder than you feel.

jclalor

Strippers and even more in particular; Lap dances. I never did understand how that's a thrill.

I was in Vegas for the Super Bowl and my straight buddies dragged me to Sapphire one night...of course they thought it would be hilarious to buy me a lap dance...awkwwwward