promise5

What is one thing that you will absolutely never understand the appeal of?

oo, that reminds me.

Decorating the outside of your house and garden for christmas
Christmas decorations more than a week before Christmas
Christmas musak .. anytime

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

oo, that reminds me.

Decorating the outside of your house and garden for christmas
Christmas decorations more than a week before Christmas
Christmas musak .. anytime

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch! :P

Tis true[:/]

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

oldwomanc6

******Gratuitous hugging. :|

I barely want to shake your hand, what makes you think I want to touch even more of you? [:/]

Hmmppphhh[:/]

I didn't mean you. I would take a hundred hugs from you. :)
And a kiss. :-*

You won't be getting just a hug from her. A big old hard butt spanking with your feet hanging in the air. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

airtwardo

Jap Bikes

Harleys. I want to ride a bike, not a tractor :P

Riding Jap bikes.

Like fuckin' a fat chick...it'll get the job done, but ya sure don't want your friends to see ya doing it.

:P:P:ph34r:

I like mine. You won't see me on it, but that's because you could never catch me.

Nat's looks pretty nice too. Or maybe it's just her on it.

Besides, you pay more for parts than I did for my whole bike.

And you will end up needing a lot more parts than me.

:P

The Buells were nice, but the factory bailed on them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Eric Buel found a new source of funds and went out on his own. The new EBR1190 is pushing 185hp and 102ft/lb while weighing less than 400lbs. Not as good as a Ducati someone on here pointed out to me; but very sweet.

I don't know how to answer this thread. I can't think of anything that people do where I can't understand that they might be attracted to it. Just because I don't choose to participate doesn't mean I don't understand.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

Eric Buel found a new source of funds and went out on his own. The new EBR1190 is pushing 185hp and 102ft/lb while weighing less than 400lbs. Not as good as a Ducati someone on here pointed out to me; but very sweet.

I don't know how to answer this thread. I can't think of anything that people do where I can't understand that they might be attracted to it. Just because I don't choose to participate doesn't mean I don't understand.

Go with brownies. Best answer there is. :P
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Someone said they don't understand the attraction of brownies??? Did anyone check their medication?

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

Someone said they don't understand the attraction of brownies??? Did anyone check their medication?

Maybe they just haven't had the right one. Back in the day there was a place in Montgomery that served a warm cream cheese brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. IIRC they also had the best apple pie I've ever had.

Hm. Now I want to do some baking [:/]. I think I could get pretty close to their result without a huge amount of effort, but that's not really a super power I'd want to have. It would definitely screw up my wing loading.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

***Someone said they don't understand the attraction of brownies??? Did anyone check their medication?

Maybe they just haven't had the right one. Back in the day there was a place in Montgomery that served a warm cream cheese brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. IIRC they also had the best apple pie I've ever had.

Hm. Now I want to do some baking [:/]. I think I could get pretty close to their result without a huge amount of effort, but that's not really a super power I'd want to have. It would definitely screw up my wing loading.

Nooo!! Believe me I've eaten enough brownies! It's seems when people find out someone dislikes brownies they just HAVE to make some from grandma's recipe that they are positive is the best one in the world!!
People I dislike brownies and there's not a recipe in the world that will make me like them.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

******Someone said they don't understand the attraction of brownies??? Did anyone check their medication?

Nooo!! Believe me I've eaten enough brownies! It's seems when people find out someone dislikes brownies they just HAVE to make some from grandma's recipe that they are positive is the best one in the world!!
People I dislike brownies and there's not a recipe in the world that will make me like them.

Ive found a place in Denver that makes unbelievable brownies....

JohnnyMarko

*********Someone said they don't understand the attraction of brownies??? Did anyone check their medication?

Ive found a place in Denver that makes unbelievable brownies....
Believe me I tried.

promise5

******Someone said they don't understand the attraction of brownies??? Did anyone check their medication?

Oh shit! Great plan! Thanks for sharing, P5.

PEOPLE! I HATE BROWNIES!

Now, send me samples of your recipe and I'll let you know what I think. (I'll supply the milk)

David W. Johnson
CMR 450, Box 112
APO AE 09705

:D

Oh, yeah. I also hate sex, PMs with pictures of shapely women, money...you get the picture.

My father hated eggplant; my mother saw that as a challenge, and kept looking for the perfect eggplant recipe.

He said later that if he'd just agreed that he liked the recipe that she liked least, he would never have had them offered to him again :D

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Something similar.

I don't care for beer. I don't care for anything with a yeast flavor. I had two roommates in college that kept trying to find a beer that I liked. I have tasted so many now. I still don't like beer. Now, I just accept a drink that is offered and nurse it. It's easier.

But still...feel free to change my mind about brownies and the rest. :D

wmw999

My father hated eggplant; my mother saw that as a challenge, and kept looking for the perfect eggplant recipe.

He said later that if he'd just agreed that he liked the recipe that she liked least, he would never have had them offered to him again :D

Wendy P.

ACCKKK!!! I have never understood why people think a vegetable with the taste and texture of commercial carpet padding should be eaten.:S

And the same goes for rhubarb; If you need to smother it in sugar and strawberries to make it edible, then just maybe it wasn't edible in the first place. The poisonous leaves should have been a clue.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm from the South. I always counted rhubarb as some kind of penance we did to make us feel better about not having the horrible cold, ice, and snow they have up North.

I'm pretty sure people will stop eating rhubarb this year after the current snow problems.

davjohns

Eric Buel found a new source of funds and went out on his own. The new EBR1190 is pushing 185hp and 102ft/lb while weighing less than 400lbs. Not as good as a Ducati someone on here pointed out to me; but very sweet...

Right, but when he was a H-D subsidiary, they were almost in my price range.

Now, they are nowhere within reach.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Jap Bikes

Harleys. I want to ride a bike, not a tractor :P

Riding Jap bikes.

Like fuckin' a fat chick...it'll get the job done, but ya sure don't want your friends to see ya doing it.

:P:P:ph34r:

I like mine. You won't see me on it, but that's because you could never catch me.

Nat's looks pretty nice too. Or maybe it's just her on it.

Besides, you pay more for parts than I did for my whole bike.

And you will end up needing a lot more parts than me.

The Buells were nice, but the factory bailed on them.

~ Good friend of mine picked up a top of the line 2014 Indian two weeks ago...I put about 20 miles on it - enough to know they damn sure got the engine right!

Not that pricey considering...B|

I use to have a few jap bikes...until I found out they were made from the dogtags of U.S.servicemen saved up since WWII... But don't let THAT bother you, go ahead have a good time!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

davjohns

I'm from the South. I always counted rhubarb as some kind of penance we did to make us feel better about not having the horrible cold, ice, and snow they have up North.

I'm pretty sure people will stop eating rhubarb this year after the current snow problems.

AS a southener that comes from family lines that go back to Jamestown in the 1620's I have one vegetable that I loathe with a complete and utter passion.

I can eat and celebrate most of the standard southern fare with joy, even collard greens, but I draw a very distinct and utter disdain for OKRA

My mother grandmother tried almost every known way of cooking it and for what ever reason it always seemed to have the consistency of lumpy snot....

Andy9o8

***Pretty much every American motorsport, most especially Nascar.

Hmph.

Curling.

I LOVE curling. Always have. It's weird how many people think I'm joking. The skill, grace and strategy is pretty amazing to me.

What can't I understand the appeal of? I dunno. I think once I learn about something I can appreciate it even if I don't like it. I can actually appreciate F-1 racing, even if I don't like it because there's action for the first ten seconds and then two hours of single file. I get what F-1 is about, but watching it drag on for two hours is like watching soccer - okay, once or twice in 90 minutes something will happen that is interesting.

That's why soccer fans are so colorful. They need to do something to have some fun while the game is going on. PEople who just don't care what's happening on the field because they're too busy taunting each other, getting drunk, singing and fighting.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What can't I understand the appeal of? I dunno. I think once I learn about something I can appreciate it even if I don't like it. I can actually appreciate F-1 racing, even if I don't like it because there's action for the first ten seconds and then two hours of single file. I get what F-1 is about, but watching it drag on for two hours is like watching soccer - okay, once or twice in 90 minutes something will happen that is interesting.

I guess you have not followed F1 these last few years with the advent of DRS (the Drag Reduction System), KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) and tires that fall off the cliff after X number of laps. In the last few years there has been tons and tons of passing in F1 at all points of a race. The purists say this is artificial racing. But one thing it has done is do away with processional racing (something that was a problem in years past).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over