promise5

What is one thing that you will absolutely never understand the appeal of?

Oysters! Why the fuck would anybody want to eat something that tastes like lumpy saltwater and looks worse than snot from a coal miner with a head cold is beyond me. :S

A few others in the food category -
prawn heads
chicken feet
insects

Sure, if I was actually starving to death and need to do a Bear Grills but in a restaurant.....no fucking way.

Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

jono

Oysters! Why the fuck would anybody want to eat something that tastes like lumpy saltwater and looks worse than snot from a coal miner with a head cold is beyond me. :S

A few others in the food category -
prawn heads
chicken feet
insects

Sure, if I was actually starving to death and need to do a Bear Grills but in a restaurant.....no fucking way.

I've eaten three out of four of these things. I admit I mostly do prawn heads and chicken feet to freak my room mate out. The look on her face was hysterical. Doesn't help that she's got a huge phobia of snakes and the restaurant we were at had a bunch of tanks with eels in them. They weren't pettin' eels, either. They were eatin' eels.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

wmw999

My father hated eggplant; my mother saw that as a challenge, and kept looking for the perfect eggplant recipe.

He said later that if he'd just agreed that he liked the recipe that she liked least, he would never have had them offered to him again :D

Wendy P.

My dad hated eggplant too. You couldn't fool him no matter what, he wouldn't eat it. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Amazon

***I'm from the South. I always counted rhubarb as some kind of penance we did to make us feel better about not having the horrible cold, ice, and snow they have up North.

I'm pretty sure people will stop eating rhubarb this year after the current snow problems.

AS a southener that comes from family lines that go back to Jamestown in the 1620's I have one vegetable that I loathe with a complete and utter passion.

I can eat and celebrate most of the standard southern fare with joy, even collard greens, but I draw a very distinct and utter disdain for OKRA

My mother grandmother tried almost every known way of cooking it and for what ever reason it always seemed to have the consistency of lumpy snot....

I can't stand okra either. Its supposed to be a staple in gumbo, but thankfully, my parents NEVER had it in their annual pot of gumbo at the beach house.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

oldwomanc6

Pettin' eels? Is this some newfangled breed? :P

I don't think I recall a saltwater tank that didn't have an eel in it somewhere. If you're not planning on eatin' it, it's a pettin' eel. It's job is to sit there and look pretty. This was the sort of restaurant where you might enjoy looking at the eels until the chef comes out from the back to retrieve them.

That'll do, eel. That'll do.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

lawrocket

******Pretty much every American motorsport, most especially Nascar.

Hmph.

Curling.

I LOVE curling.

I love you, Jerry, but...

You...are...so...weird.

Why don't you head to my home state and watch the ice melt. Or can your heart take the excitement?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

*********Pretty much every American motorsport, most especially Nascar.

Hmph.

Curling.

I LOVE curling.

I love you, Jerry, but...

You...are...so...weird.

Why don't you head to my home state and watch the ice melt. Or can your heart take the excitement?

HARD!!!!!!! HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remster

Miller Light
I don't understand how people drink this. I know everyone is allowed their opinion as far as beer goes but this is where I'll say they're wrong, it's piss.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

normiss

I don't understand why it's Miller Lite and Bud Light.
Silly marketers.

Not a big fan of either, but I do like beer. Any that is offered is typically consumed.

I'd rather go without than drink those two. :S

BillyVance

***I don't understand why it's Miller Lite and Bud Light.
Silly marketers.

Not a big fan of either, but I do like beer. Any that is offered is typically consumed.

I'd rather go without than drink those two. :S

Same here. When I turn it down and just don't drink anything people look at me like my head fell off.

>Miller Light. I don't understand how people drink this.

Something I will never understand -

Tomme Arthur. Head of brewing operations for Pizza Port and Lost Abbey, two big breweries in San Diego. Makes some of the best beer I have ever had. Barrel aged double stouts, sour beer collaborations with seven other breweries, beer made by dropping red-hot rocks into boiling wort, all really good. He can sell the stuff for $15 a bottle - and on Ebay it sometimes goes for $300 a bottle.

It would not be inaccurate to say he can get any beer in the world he wants, and the owner would give it to him for free. And what does he drink? Mickey's Malt Liquor.

Boogers

***I have a few buddies with a serious attraction to Bud Light.
When my friends buy beer, I drink it.

'Twould be down right rude not too!

If someone offered you a drink you don't like why would it be rude to refuse it? Let's say you didn't like grapefruit juice and just drank water instead? It's not a matter of turning up my nose because I'm too good for that - shit, I drink Stag - it's that I just don't like that crap.

He was being humorous. He was pretending that you should drink free beer out of courtesy. His actual meaning was that he is always happy to drink free beer.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.