Iago

Irma is coming....

This morning she blew up to a category FIVE with 175mph sustained winds. We're talking Camille strength... :S If she shoots the gap between Florida and Cuba and gets into the Gulf of Mexico, God help us all. :o

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Palm Beach County is considering ordering evacuations.

Having lived most of my life in Florida, I don't usually get too concerned, but this one has our attention.

Looks now like it will head to the gulf - as if Texas and Louisiana pissed off the weather gods.
But the north turn point they typically take could easily screw us!

The latest models show it turning north right at the bottom of Florida, SW of Miami and going straight up the state.

This is gonna be a mother of all clusterfucks if Irma holds her category 5 strength.

[:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT1+shtml/311504.shtml

From first paragraph:

Based on these data the initial intensity is set at 155 kt for this
advisory. This makes Irma the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic
basin outside of the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico in the NHC
records.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

akarunway

***Not to worry -- there will be federal funds for Mar a Lago.

Ya had to go there huh? Not cool.

Sometimes people just forget which forum they are in!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

tkhayes

Did anyone notice TS Jose right behind it? Gonna be a Cat 2 by Friday.

And there's also tropical storm Katia in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico. Going to be interesting to see what happens with that one

Best of luck dude. Irma just set a new all time record for Atlantic hurricanes. She's gone 24 hours straight with 180+ mph winds. Allen in 1980 held the old record at 18 hours.

Nobody in media talking too much about Jose tailing behind Irma but a few days ago I saw video of a xtra long range model Not too accurate showing Jose hittin' Fla 7 days after Irma.

Of course if they did talk it might cause mass panic and traffic horrors never to be forgotten.

Been in my house in Miami/Hialeah for my whole life3 for over 65 years and never left the house I grew up in or the one I live in now but unless the path changes a lot I will be heading to a shelter understanding there may be no guarantee of safety there either. :(