LouDiamond

2008 Invitational Wingsuit Bigway Event

I will be holding an invitational Bigway wingsuit event at Skydive Arizona. The intent is to build the largest, slot specific wingsuit formation to date November 15-16th,2008. A qualifier/warm up camp will be held May 17-18th at Skydive Arizona for those who have not flown in a large wingsuit formation before. The event is open to all nationalities and people outside the USA can qualify for the event by coordinating with plane captains Rolf Brombach, Jarno Cordia, Mark Harris and John Kallend for a referral. For further information on how to participate and or qualify e-mail Scott at [email protected]

Myself and the other plane captains will be traveling to boogies throughout the coming year and can do impromptu evaluations for those who wish to participate but cannot make it to a qualifier event or do not know any of the plane captains. Those individuals can contact the plane captain closest to them to find out their boogie schedule to set up an evaluation.You can also be referred by other BMCIs from your perspective country to qualify.

This event is open TO EVERYONE who is qualified to be in it. If you wish to participate YOU MUST contact either myself or one of the plane captains with your intent to participate. Further information and details will be sent to those qualified individuals who RSVP for the event as they become available.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

No offense to Kallend, but in general his flocking experience is limited over the last 2 yrs other than that limited smallways throughout the yr at his dz and the larger ones at summerfest. He never attends any of the other events. I and others who probably wont speak up just don't see how he would be qualified to captain or even eval some people for ws.... Yes, i know his bigway experience would help, but we aren't building a 100 way rnd....

sure seems like this is being organized by BM too.. is this correct?

oh and scott, are you shooting vid?

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

All of the plane captains were chosen based on their skills, knowledge, maturity and professionalism. I trust not only their judgement and concern for safety but their propensity to be objective and work together as a team.

sure seems like this is being organized by BM too.. is this correct?

This event was conceived and organized by me and is an evolution of the skills camps I've held over the years. Those who attended my last skills camp may remember me mentioning this to the group. I initially planned on holding it after the last AN-72 boogie but my work schedule did not allow for it so I shelved it. This event, like the An-72 boogie, is intended to bring all wingsuiters together regardless of which manufactures suit they fly.

oh and scott, are you shooting vid?

I have asked several others to shoot video/stills as there is a slot on each of the 6 available aircraft for a dedicated photographer. I have asked Matt (The 111) and Norman Kent to shoot dedicated video/stills and am awaiting to see if other qualified WS video/photographers who wish to participate contact me. If we end up needing all 6 aircraft we will need more video/photographers so those who wish to do video/photography should contact me as soon as possible.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Zack,

others may hesitate to say, but would you please save the constructive and sensitvly critical responses to private messages to the organizers. Thanks.

I'd just as soon see only positive bullshit, for what it's worth, actually put forth on this forum.

The back stories will always be back stories. Go for it.

Keep your eye on the prize!

Mark

Scott,

What size formation are you looking to build?

you've just mentioned 6 aircraft?

The intent of this event is to build a slot perfect formation. That means everyone in their designated spot in the formation. If 6 aircraft worth of people show up and can all fly their designated slots, then thats how big the formation will be. The emphasis is on quality not just quantity. If we are able to do both, thats even better. However the main focus is on precision,disciplined flying as a group.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I have been offline for a while, but I find the timing for this event odd. Isn't this just one week after the record attempts at Skydive Elsinore which were discussed and planned at Flock and Dock 3.0, then finalized right at Flock and Dock 3.5?

I believe the number of people attending the Elsinore event (to fly slots) is 75. Good luck getting six plane loads of any experience flyers one week after that other event.

My plans were made two months ago to go to Elsinore. I doubt I will be able to get away for long enough to do both events, particularly when we are in full season here in FL.

Chuck Blue
BMCI-4
Z-Flock Wingsuit School

First off, I have no intent to be pulled into or create any drama over this, I have no time or patience for jr. high squabbles over petty shit. If you read above a few posts, I initially planned on having this event about a year ago with the intent of holding it after the An-72 boogie but my schedule didn't allow for it. A representative of SD Elsinore contacted me and asked if I would hold an event there. I explained my current plan to them, to include when it would be held. After talking with the DZ owner I made it clear to him that I was planning to hold my event on the time schedule I had explained to him at SD Arizona to avoid any scheduling conflicts. He said there was no set date or month for the event they wanted to hold there at that time. So I find it odd that the date for the Elsinore event was released after I made mine public following the exact same format I described to the SD Elsinore representative. I really don't care what the story is as the intent of my event is different from the Elsinore event and the fact that there will be an international draw means people from overseas can hit two major events in one visit. The way I see it wingsuiters are the ones who really get the most bang for their buck out of both of these events happening close together. Again, I don't see any reason for there to be drama over this and hopefully people can make both events and we can all collectively grow as a discipline.

I believe the number of people attending the Elsinore event (to fly slots) is 75. Good luck getting six plane loads of any experience flyers one week after that other event.

If I get 6 plane loads full then great but its not the intent of the event. I simply have all the assets of SD Arizona available for this event if they are needed. The intent is to fly a precise, slot perfect formation with as many people as possible, what ever that number may be. This event is about quality vs quantity.

My plans were made two months ago to go to Elsinore. I doubt I will be able to get away for long enough to do both events, particularly when we are in full season here in FL. ***

Well I hope you and the rest of the Z-hills crew can find a way to squeeze it into your schedules as you are all more than welcome at this event and I sincerely hope to see you all there.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I spoke with Norman Kent yesterday and he has confirmed that he plans on attending the event. I am still assembling a list of additional cameramen who want to shoot video for the event. Those who are interested should contact me as soon as possible.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

UPDATE: Ed Pawlowski (Bodypilot1) and James Boole (unclecharlie95) are also able to fly with and or vouch for those who wish to participate in the event. Ed will be hosting several events on the west coast for people to participate in and James will be traveling to various boogies throughout the year, both can be contacted for their schedule.

Jarno's boogie schedule can be seen HERE and mine can be seen HERE for the entire year.If you cannot see the calendar from that link, try THIS LINK. I will be posting additional information and details on the boogie/lodging/special rates, etc HERE as we get closer to the event. I'll post here as time permits or you can check the website for updated information.

We are set on dedicated camera/video men right now but if anyone wants to be put on the "just in case" list as a camera/video man let me know.

Again, this event is open TO EVERYONE who is qualified to be in it. If you cannot make it to a qualifier or have not flown with any of the mentioned people before, you can still qualify so do not hesitate to contact me.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Jarno,

I am using Firefox and got it open earlier but it is stalled now on another computer also using Firefox. I will check the laptop later. It is safe to say that Scott is busy from what I saw earlier...:S

Scott C.

I was going to close the page down and I noted I don't have permission to view, geeze Scott what did I ever do to you ... :P

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

HMMM, I don't know what to tell you guys.It appears to be working from others computers. If you had trouble accessing it earlier, try clicking on the link at the top of the page that reads:

"If you are running Firefox or are having trouble viewing this calendar, click here to view the calendar"
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Lou can I be in your event if I promiss not to make faces at jarno if he promisses to not make faces at me?

Glen, you know you are more than welcome to attend and I don't want to hear your usual excuses why you can't attend. However, I would be surprised to see you there as all the SOCAL birds told me at the holiday boogie that you would spontaneously combust if you travelled farther than your DZ let alone California.:P
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING