superstu

post your best shot

Thanks for you all!

To get the shot wasn't easy... I pulled at 13,000', had an extra camera under my jumsuit, two bottels of beer in my pockets. Everything had a safety strap so I couldn't loose anything. As soon as I was under canopy after stowing my slider I pulled out the camera from my jacket and took pictures of mhyself with the canopy. Then I put the camera back under my suit, and pulled a bottle of Corona out. It takes a bit to open it up, the cup had to be taken off very carefully to prevent to spill out all the beer. Then I had to tke the camera out again and take shots. Also it was pretty cold so wasn't too esasy to hold the camera and press the botton. Also I had to check the shots just to make sure everything was OK.
All these with safety straps flaping around flying under the Velocity-103 at 2.2 wingloading.
I have more and better pictures but I don't think it would be "politically correct" to publish them.
The whole photo shoot was over by 6k so I could make sure everything is stowed back safely and I can fly my parachute normal.
THIS WAS A STUNT!!! GUYS WITH FEW HOUNDRED JUMPS PLEASE DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
GUYS WITH FEW THOUSAND... BE VERY CAREFUL!!!
CHECK EVERYTHING ON THE GROUND BEFORE YOU JUMP!!!
-Laszlo-

Very nice! What still camera are you using?

Now guys, this is a photographer and not just a skydiver who shoots pictures. The composition and color is incredible. :D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Very nice! What still camera are you using?

Now guys, this is a photographer and not just a skydiver who shoots pictures. The composition and color is incredible. :D

ltdiver

Ah, hell..it's all Photoshop, didn't you know that?
Lisa, I've composed MUCH better images. In my mind.:P Someday, I'll be able to fly well enough to capture what my mind imagines. Until then, I'll just continue to rapid-fire shoot, and get one decent frame in a thousand shots.

Seriously, those are some great shots!

Very cool. Flashback memories. I visited Utti, Finland back in 1997 during the World Games in Lahti. 11 years later I -still- say that Utti is the most beautiful place I've ever jumped.

Just got out the logbook. It was jumps #155 and 156 on August 17. Logbook signed by Mika Paavolainen. The first jump was a solo just to pull high and enjoy the scenery. The second was a 4-way with 3 of your S/L instructors. It was highly amusing to have all the students stare at us as we creeped the dive.

The S/L instructor's pay was to be able to toss their students out of the plane then ride to altitude and jump (if they wanted to). They hadn't done a 4-way in a long time as they normally just got solos. Wonder how many other DZ's have this kind of 'pay' for their instructors. I know in the states that wouldn't go over too well...:P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yeah.. thats how it is in Finland. All the DZ´s are clubs where no one gets paid for their work. This is due to some taxation, and other legal issues wich would higher the expences of skydiving critically.. AFF, Tandem, Vidiots get an additional free jump, but for IAD the free jump, after throwing out the students, is the only salary they get. Even the pilots fly our twin otter for free.. B|

Utti is a nice place! However these were shot in Hanko which IMO is even nicer. Its a narrow peninsula where you have the baltic sea on both sides..