18 18
quade

DB Cooper

It's my understanding this is being discussed in the background by people already surrounding this issue of censorship. I find it odd that this site isn't a center piece at Quora (viewed by millions) given the fact of being one of the largest Cooper outlets. you would think a Cooper based space at Quora (viewed by millions) would have multiple articles (big one's) supporting the thread with direct links. 

Parrot: funny how he glossed over about you not being in the 10 comments removed that were not appropriate. should of mentioned the fact of you trying to pull one over on him. that would of been an article right there?  

Added: now I'm getting information from people that are not members..

Edited by mrshutter45

“In order to solve a case, the FBI must prove culpability beyond a reasonable doubt, and, unfortunately, none of the well-meaning tips or applications of new investigative technology have yielded the necessary proof."

You would still need something other than a body. the surfacing of any money, parachute, note would allow them to reopen the investigation that could lead to a living or dead body...proof of the chute elsewhere or the money would open there eye's and not a claim of a body being Cooper. that puts it back to suspects and rabbit holes. 

10 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

“In order to solve a case, the FBI must prove culpability beyond a reasonable doubt, and, unfortunately, none of the well-meaning tips or applications of new investigative technology have yielded the necessary proof."

You would still need something other than a body. the surfacing of any money, parachute, note would allow them to reopen the investigation that could lead to a living or dead body...proof of the chute elsewhere or the money would open there eye's and not a claim of a body being Cooper. that puts it back to suspects and rabbit holes. 

You would still need something other than money or a chute... to solve it to a legal standard. 

The FBI statement is still strange, finding a body in the woods would be extremely valuable. To say "money or the chute" and not body suggests that they think Cooper survived.

9 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

The FBI statement is still strange, finding a body in the woods would be extremely valuable. To say "money or the chute" and not body suggests that they think Cooper survived.

If a body was found in the woods believed to be Cooper. evidence would surely be around the body..that's a little different. 

5 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

If a body was found in the woods believed to be Cooper. evidence would surely be around the body..that's a little different. 

What is the difference between finding a chute in the woods or a body in this context.

Both would be extremely significant, both would be investigated.

I don't see anything really missing if they failed to mention a body. they didn't say note or bomb? if a body was found in the woods of Washington. the local LE would handle the body until it was determined to be Cooper's then the FBI would get involved. if the parachute and money were found in an attic they would probably still call the local police and then the FBI. it was pretty simple what they said. it would have to be something tied to the case. as in the money or chute. doesn't mean they don't imply a body found in the woods. if you call them saying the guy buried in some cemetery was Cooper they won't follow up without anything tied to it like the chute, money etc. 

1 minute ago, mrshutter45 said:

I don't see anything really missing if they failed to mention a body. they didn't say note or bomb? if a body was found in the woods of Washington. the local LE would handle the body until it was determined to be Cooper's then the FBI would get involved. if the parachute and money were found in an attic they would probably still call the local police and then the FBI. it was pretty simple what they said. it would have to be something tied to the case. as in the money or chute. doesn't mean they don't imply a body found in the woods. if you call them saying the guy buried in some cemetery was Cooper they won't follow up without anything tied to it like the chute, money etc. 

Well, I do find it very odd.. a body would be the highest level of importance, above a chute or money. It would ID a person and confirm the FBI claims. Starting in 1972 the FBI started pushing the died in the jump narrative.

A "body" should have been in that FBI statement with "chute" and "money", why it wasn't is speculation. 

This myth will never die..

Cooper did not initially request airstairs down on takeoff.. 

He had NO special knowledge.. he lacked knowledge.

The crew (incorrectly) suggested locked partially open on takeoff

He thought the crew controlled the airstairs and wanted them "unlocked" after the crew suggestion.

He always wanted Tina to lower/operate in flight.

Conclusion,

Cooper did not have special airstair knowledge/experience. Cooper did not want to jump ASAP.

Cooper wanted Tina to lower in flight and he (incorrectly) wanted them unlocked (1 deg) by the pilots. He incorrectly believed they could lock him in. The confusion comes from two things, he demanded rear cabin door open on takeoff and later at one point he wanted airstair "unlocked", not extended.

This corroborates the transcripts but nails the exact time.

934459884_aftstairlwrdinflightcopy.jpeg.bb6c2c425c8d153bf2d01f36b497efc1.jpeg

5 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's my understanding this is being discussed in the background by people already surrounding this issue of censorship. I find it odd that this site isn't a center piece at Quora (viewed by millions) given the fact of being one of the largest Cooper outlets. you would think a Cooper based space at Quora (viewed by millions) would have multiple articles (big one's) supporting the thread with direct links. 

Parrot: funny how he glossed over about you not being in the 10 comments removed that were not appropriate. should of mentioned the fact of you trying to pull one over on him. that would of been an article right there?  

Added: now I'm getting information from people that are not members..

This sounds like jealousy to me. You whine for days on end about 'sticking to Cooper' here at Dropzone, and then when I spend a great deal of time breaking some big news that involves many of your own forum members, (since they also appear in this documentary by John Dower)...

You spend additional time whining. The Quora Space on Cooper is simply a one-stop-shopping spot with articles, links, stories, news, etc either having to do with the hijacking, or sometimes unsolved mysteries or other hijackings. It's not really a discussion forum, although it can serve as that. 

It's no big mystery, and sure...you can easily go around the Space to other places on Quora and make comments on articles or links that appear at Cooper Space...when those things are shared with other Spaces, etc. It was never my intention to spend half my time trying to keep you out of that. Feel free. 

What I said was that certain people, because of their known negativity regarding AB of Seattle, myself personally, Gayla Prociv, (who couldn't care less about Cooper, trust me) Greg, even my cat sometimes, (LOL) will not be allowed Contributor privileges at the Cooper Space itself. At least not until I figure they can be trusted not to engage in that type of behavior. What behavior? I can show you over 50 screenshots that came from the Cooper Forum demonstrating these things over the years, and a smaller number from The Mountain News. No, I won't show them unless for some weird reason you wanted to see them privately. 

As far as I can tell, this type of thing has pretty much ceased at The Cooper Forum, and slowed down a bit at The Mountain News. I will give you that. 

Some of you couldn't work together on the Cooper case (without personal issues going) if the book of instructions dropped into your laps.  Your post up there tells me my decision regarding current policy at the Cooper Space was probably the right one. Biggest news in a month comes your way, and you bypass it and go right back into the same thing. CONCLUSION:  When you said several times in the last few days that you wanted DZ to move back to Cooper stuff, you didn't have any intention of doing that...and your posts here are based on personal issues...not what is best for either Dropzone or discussions on Cooper. 

I already told you how you could contribute to the Space without contributor privileges anyway. You just ignored it. Write an article or copy a link and send it along via email. If I deem it worthy to appear, I will post it to the Space. A few contributions have been made that way, you know. 

As far as Parrot's little comment at YouTube, I took an educated guess. Truth is, I seldom check for new comments on our videos these days. I think we've done a total of 13 videos over five years or so. Mainly I just release a video and then let it do as it wishes. I don't hover over them like a hawk waiting for comments LOL. And at WordPress, you get flooded with filtered spam and about every sixty days I have to go in there and spend time deleting that spam by the hundreds, no kidding. 

There is no censorship going at the Cooper Space. There are only rules. Many of the hundreds of Spaces at Quora require you to contact the Admin for that Space to obtain contributor status. I had to do that myself to join a couple of them. 

So what did you guys think about the upcoming documentary? I can tell you one thing. Don't know if you have seen any of John Dower's work, but I can guarantee it won't be in the nature of another boring Cooper re-hash. Not his style. I have seen Thrilla in Manila and it's pretty damn good. The part I want to see is where Ron and Pat Forman do their interview. I have not seen them since one of the old Ariel Store parties. 

EDIT: I will address this quote by Shutter:

"I find it odd that this site (Dropzone) isn't a center piece at Quora (viewed by millions) given the fact of being one of the largest Cooper outlets. you would think a Cooper based space at Quora (viewed by millions) would have multiple articles (big one's) supporting the thread with direct links..."

The Quora Space on Cooper is not a spot for promoting individual websites, unless the post is an article with a link to a specific website included. Besides, I already covered Dropzone with the WordPress article HERE, and that article was eventually loaded to the Quora Space as well. And we are not 'viewed by millions'. There are about 980 Quora users getting the direct feed. A select group of articles or links are sometimes shared to other Spaces where I have Contributor status. My PERSONAL views to ALL content I have posted, including the non-Cooper stuff, is about 1.9 million currently...over a three-year period. This is good, but far from anything near the top of the food chain at Quora. Some people have more than ten million. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

All that writing and it spells noise. 

You don't have space somewhere about Cooper and leave out one of the largest (your words) places for people to learn about DB Cooper. sounds more like someone being objective once again. we already know you censor YouTube and don't allow people to defend themselves when things are written about them. you would never scream that, right lol. how about being a administrator/owner of a forum and demanding a member gives up his real name or be removed from that forum? (Reichenbach) . imagine someone trying to take advantage of someone like that. pretty low, right, trust, really? that's the lowest thing someone could even attempt to do to a member. 

You are the number one poster on this thread and you hide it from a place you would think you would include in articles. you could leave the link out and write how it's important in learning about Cooper. that's your reason for being there, right or is it self promotion? Quora is more set up to gossip about others and say misleading things about them, that's what Quora is over telling them about an important venue on the internet about discussing DB Cooper. really? all you can reply with is 1000 words of noise and use a jealousy card, lol...

Edited by mrshutter45

'You don't have space somewhere about Cooper and leave out one of the largest (your words) places for people to learn about DB Cooper. sounds more like someone being objective once again. we already know you censor YouTube and don't allow people to defend themselves when things are written about them...'

What in the heck are you talking about? 

Censor YouTube? Millions of YouTube users don't allow any comments AT ALL to their videos. I merely screen the comments that come in, which by the way is a very common thing for YouTube channels to do.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, except for his first video, Mr 'DB Cooper Through The Lens of Logic' guy (I forget his name at YouTube) didn't allow any comments at all.

Maybe I should just do the same thing right now. That will end this silly 'censoring' argument real quick. Everybody will then be on a level field. Frankly, I'm not seeking comments on videos at YouTube. It gets crazy. People start arguing politics on a Dolly Pardon video, I swear. And I don't have the time or temperament to constantly monitor YouTube video comments. 

Get real. No one reads beyond the first few comments on a YouTube video anyway. You must be kidding. YouTube isn't an online discussion forum. It's entertainment, or a place where you can find out how to detail the engine bay on your car. You are funny indeed sometimes. B|

As far as Reichenbach goes, the first time I did a forum years ago, I WAS asking people to use their real identities, or at least the same usernames they were generally using at OTHER Cooper sites. One reason was to ensure anonymous users were not imitating known people in Cooperland. This has happened many times at many places, especially the commenting sections of news articles related to Cooper. It was asked to protect people like YOU, Bruce Smith, Tom Kaye, etc from having people like Bob Knoss imitating you guys with posts credited to you. It was done to PROTECT you from all that. 

And I wasn't very good at creating forums anyway. So I pretty much got out of the active business on that one. I have my strong suits. That wasn't one of them. I leave the one forum open for now, but I could close it down tomorrow without a regret. LOL...no one goes there anyway..not even me. ^_^

What exactly do you mean when you say 'have space somewhere about Cooper and leave out one of the largest places to learn about DB Cooper...' 

I'm not making fun of you here. I really don't understand what this means. Or what it is you want. Be more specific please. Leave out WHAT? I can't just MOVE Dropzone to Quora you know...

Edited by RobertMBlevins

You fail to follow the logic. yes, you are objective and censor things. your own words stated the removal of bad comments on YT. others, not Just Parrots have commented on your video's with only saying they don't believing he was Cooper and they were never published. screaming for five years the fact of not being able to defend one's self on a site you were banned from and turn around doing the very samething is hypocritical. 

No, I have the PM Reichenbach gave me years ago. I posted it often where you threaten him to give his real name because you thought he was "playing both sides of the fence". you didn't like his comments like "I like Shuter and his site" regardless to what you try and say it's very unprofessional to do or even attempt something like that to a member of any forum or site. you honor and protect there privacy. PERIOD. you even posted Georger's unlisted phone number because he called you at midnight and decided it was wrong and hungup? you even held your own forum hostage from public view if I didn't allow links and photo's to been seen by guests. you have some serious anger and animosity issues. I just wonder how many others you threaten when they are linked to me and others? 

You are just screaming about things that happened years ago. some still occur but not on my site. it's only recent news because you keep bringing it up. 

I was told by Reichenbach that he was a team of four using the same username. I have that PM right here on this site. they grew tired of your wanting them to "conform" to you and contacted me here. we discussed other things for a while and then they decided to turn over the six FBI files (302's) with the statements of the crew. they were the first to be published before Gray posted his. mine also differ coming from Las Vegas vs Seattle. this was after your rants of believing they were working with me and they left the your site. it was after the fact. they also found out what is to be believe the person behind the famous YouTube video's about the Playboy clipping letter. Flyjack recently found the same and reported what they had also determined. 

Edited by mrshutter45

You didn't answer the question...and you don't have a logic going. Not right now anyway. 

I don't care about the old Reichenbach issue. I did add one of his videos to my YouTube channel, where it still resides today. So I guess I thought he was okay and everything. B| I also don't care if you keep a file on my private messages or sometimes make them public. However, this is one of the reasons why I blocked you from any further PM's at Dropzone. You still have the email option if you wish. 

Ever taken down a bad comment at your website? Never? Oh, okay...

Here is the question again:  'What exactly do you mean when you say 'have space somewhere about Cooper and leave out one of the largest places to learn about DB Cooper...' 

I'm supposed to run an ad at Quora advertising this thread at Dropzone? What is it exactly that YOU WANT? And don't say you 'don't want anything' because obviously you do. You're just reluctant to cough it up. 

"Turn left...now cough for me please..." 9_9

EDIT: I keep wondering where this is going and what exactly you want from me. It has something to do with the Quora Space on Cooper, and our YouTube channel, I guess. I figured out that much. If you would be more specific I wouldn't have to play guessing game with you. Stop spinning around like Dorothy Hamill doing a double axle and get to the point. 

Okay. I'll bite. We will play 'guessing game'. Stomp your foot once for yes, twice for no. 

1) You want me to promote the DZ Cooper thread at our Quora Space somehow, maybe with a special article about it...yes/no?

2) You want me to just toss open the gates at Quora and allow anyone from the Cooper Community to be a contributor...yes/no.

3) You want me to cease screening comments to our YouTube videos on Cooper...yes/no. 

4) You want me to disallow ALL commenting to our YouTube videos to put everyone on the same playing field...yes/no. 

Here are my answers. Hope I covered your question. 

Answer for #1) I'm not doing a special article about the Dropzone thread. Even if I considered it, there isn't enough true Cooper discussion here right now to warrant such an article. 

Answer for #2) You have to fill out a complete profile at Quora first, then 'follow' the Cooper Quora page, and then email me to let me know you did all that...request contributor status...and then I will consider allowing that person to be moved to Contributor. I do this responsibly because anything posted there goes out by email to a TON of people, and I am somewhat responsible for the content that goes out. If I let it become crazy, Quora would delete the space. This policy for contributors has been in plain sight since last November. 

Answer for #3) The current policy on screening of comments will remain in place. For now. 

Answer for #4) I am seriously considering shutting down ALL comments to our YouTube videos so that everyone will be treated equally. This does not bother me a bit. If it was good enough for Through the Lens of Logic guy, it could work for me. 

If I didn't cover your question, or you have another issue, I'm listening. 

(Have to tell you I'm a little disappointed you didn't comment on the upcoming documentary. Some of your top members are going to appear in it. Word today is that it will be opening at a few film festivals first, then they go for general release. Probably BBC as well, and then the usual place later...Amazon, what else?)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, you keep saying this is the largest thread on Cooper so you would tend to believe a person with space at Quora would include this site while promoting DB Cooper. doesn't have to have links. this is where you hangout a majority of your time is spent here. why would you allow space for gossip about the Cooper world and leave out a large venue that discusses DB Cooper? it appears you had been given that space for DB Cooper, right? why leave out key components of "reaching the public" and zero mention of this site? would a person involved in remote control hobbies have a forum and leave out key places to get things related to that hobby, like the largest hobby shop in his area? you seem to downplay this site and promote the hell out of Quora where Cooper is the main topic?

Again, my failure to remove any comments are not a subject of censorship by leaving them BURIED in a thread from years ago. get over that. it's not the same as removing opinion's surround a video. opinion's that don't agree with the video is what you don't seem to allow. evidence supports that.

I also find it funny when something like Reichenbach is brought up it's old and doesn't matter. a majority of the crap you bring up is five years old.  threats of wanting someone's real name should be noted though, sorry. 

Edited by mrshutter45

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

EDIT: If I recall correctly, except for his first video, Mr 'DB Cooper Through The Lens of Logic' guy (I forget his name at YouTube) didn't allow any comments at all.

As is often the case, you do not recall correctly. I watched all of the videos done by SafecrackingPLF and commented on a few of them. I would always read the comments after each video. So he absolutely did allow comments. He may have turned them off in recent years since he seems to be no longer interested in the case. 

9 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

As is often the case, you do not recall correctly. I watched all of the videos done by SafecrackingPLF and commented on a few of them. I would always read the comments after each video. So he absolutely did allow comments. He may have turned them off in recent years since he seems to be no longer interested in the case. 

Now how in the hell would I know THAT? 

Why don't you and Shutter quit wasting my time and get to the point. What is it exactly that you want from me? If you say 'nothing,' then please stop complaining. I am strongly considering doing the same thing that SafecrackingPLF (thank you for reminding me of his name) did. Just take down ALL the comments and start fresh with comments disallowed. End of problem. Really...this is beginning to sound like a good option. 

Okay....hold up now. I just went to PLF's channel. Some of his videos are allowing comments, others are not. The ones there are very few. You say you made comments to his videos? I have the only comment to his first video. It was made just a moment ago. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

4 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Lots of people, including myself read the comments. sometimes I stop the video to read them. he fails to follow the point of being objective to what he allows on his video's that appear to be on approval prior to publishing them. I agree harsh or nasty comments should be removed but one's that may differ from what the video states should be allowed for all to read that could help in deciding what they actually believe or possibly missed in the video. I've watched video's and came to a different conclusion until I read the comments...

39 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

EDIT: If I recall correctly, except for his first video, Mr 'DB Cooper Through The Lens of Logic' guy (I forget his name at YouTube) didn't allow any comments at all

I just went to his site and posted on a video...didn't see any disabled? also seen comments date "7 years ago"

safe.png

Edited by mrshutter45