18 18
quade

DB Cooper

I will make some corrections at Quora based on your provided information. 

That damn fire in St Louis...the story at Wikipedia tells it all. 

A short excerpt, except that in reality it was worse:

'The losses to Federal military records collection included:

80% loss to records of U.S. Army personnel discharged November 1, 1912, to January 1, 1960.

75% loss to records of U.S. Air Force personnel discharged September 25, 1947, to January 1, 1964, with names alphabetically after Hubbard, James E.

Some U.S. Army Reserve personnel who performed their initial active duty for training in the late 1950s but who received final discharge as late as 1964.

None of the records that were destroyed in the fire had duplicate copies made, nor had they been copied to microfilm. No index of these records was made prior to the fire, and millions of records were on loan to the Veterans Administration at the time of the fire. This made it difficult to precisely determine which records were lost...'

To make things worse, your fingerprint files would be in your main military record, not anything in company logs or files or the minor stuff. For Army records, the damage was unbelievable. Imagine 80 percent of the military records destroyed from every person who served in the Army during World War 1, WW2...AND Korea. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

66 total unidentified prints for this case. That probably includes letters, not just the plane. 8 partial finger prints and one impression (palm) found around hijacker seat.

No prints found on cigarette butts.

FBI compared suspect's prints to the 8 plus palm. For Rackstraw the prints were not a match but they still pursued his palm print, also negative. 

Conclusion, matching the prints can include a suspect but no match can't eliminate. The prints aren't confirmed to be Cooper's. 

66printsunidentified.jpeg.c2d3f0ea8c53b3c87d964c4ba919cacc.jpegplanedustedprintsnotgood.jpeg.e8a0d92c7d8078b9ad42001b48fd57c6.jpeg

Well, hell...even if they had some prints to go by, doing a manual search back then would have been a tough task. The NCIC didn't even start digitalizing for real until maybe the 1990s. And I already explained about the military records. 

Cooper may have died without ever being arrested. Or none of the prints are his. If a couple WERE his, and he was military, (and US Army) WITHOUT a criminal record...chances are good they couldn't match them. 

The only good use of the prints would be if they had a suspect in hand for comparison. If you got a match, it would be hard for that suspect to explain how HIS print ended up on a Boeing 727 that was hijacked...and his name wasn't on the passenger manifest. That would be nearly conclusive proof he was Cooper, in my opinion.

"Luuuuucy...you got some splainin' to do..." ^_^

(Unless he was five feet one inch tall with red hair and was black...and then you are talking Twilight Zone stuff for sure.) 

I'd be willing to bet that Agent Larry Carr ran those prints through the NCIC database and found zip. And if he went the military records route, chances are that would be a zero as well...mainly because of the damn fire. And running for military prints could be a boatload of red tape, even for the FBI. I could be wrong...but I think even today it isn't possible for the military records guys to just take a print and run it through a computer to match it up to the records they DO have. That is basically the realm of the NCIC. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I have seen that last picture, the one of the UFO. 

It's actually the Jupiter 2, from Lost in Space. Everyone knows that. From the episode where the Robinson family makes it back to Earth, but unfortunately years in the past. So everyone in town thinks they are aliens and they end up having to make a quick exit. 

Look...it's the same ship. 9_9

jupiter2.jpg

Yeah...I was making a joke with the Lost in Space thing back there. I was about ten years old when they started running the promos for that show on CBS and everyone was waiting for the pilot episode to premiere. This was the promo they ran. They decided to do the first season in B/W due to budget considerations...which means the effects were expensive. (And that June Lockhart, who began her career in the movie Sergeant York with Gary Cooper, and went on to playing mom on Lassie, as well as stage actor Jonathan Harris and former TV guy 'Zorro,' Guy Williams...did not come cheap.)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I like the part where he wins the turkey shoot and the beef on the hoof.

When they were making that movie, Gary Cooper objected to the woman playing his fiancee, Joan Leslie. Why? Because although she looked older, she was actually only FIFTEEN years old when they were filming that movie, and (Gary) Cooper was 39. He came to the set one day and handed her a doll. He was NOT happy with that bit of casting. It's the main reason you never actually see them kissing in the film, because the censors would have objected. 

"See Alvin, it's all ours. It's a gift from the state of Tennessee..." (When they got the house and bottom land farm at the end.) LOL...sure, he probably thought. What do you know? You're just a kid anyway. :|

8 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Again. you were blocked for behavior reason on that forum. I'm blocked for nothing but censorship. silenced, for no reason.....

Really? You have a short memory. Before you actually launched The DB Cooper Forum, you and other current members were back-and-forth about pre-banning me before it even started. I made a couple of posts under a username just to show you I could. Nothing bad, and then I told you who I was. 

You perma-banned me at once. Later, Bruce Smith did the same thing while continuing to allow the most filthy and horrid comments with my name attached to them...or Gayla's. The last six comments made to his website contain exactly those things. We both know that. 

Are you kidding me? I consider it a Badge of Honor to be banned from those websites. 

Reminds me of the old song by The Who. Been there, done that. B|

Again, it doesn't matter what happened prior to your ACTUAL ban. it was once again due to YOUR  actions. YOU came onto the site under a false name specifically to DISRUPT. that's what got you banned. you really can't "pre-ban" a membership not formed yet, right? if you joined under your real name then it would of been true if you were banned. then you would have a case. even a kangaroo court doesn't have a case. you proved the reason why you were discussed not being welcome by your own actions. 

It wasn't a back-an-forth thing. I said you and Jo would not be welcome. that's my right. blocking someone for a legit question is censorship and spite. a question ending in correction of the article!

Sorry. 

Edited by mrshutter45

I don't approve of what some of those write on TMN but you ask for it with your actions. they are pushing your buttons everytime they write. a week has passed since they said a law suit was going to be produced. did it happen? they are playing you. there is no legit liable case from you or them. everyone knows it. even Flyjack pointed this out. 

Same for Galen posting on my forum in 2014! that thread with all the comments was removed years ago. I still have it locked where only I see it. I read it yesterday and it shows me warning Galen multiple times before putting his postings on approval prior to being posted. then he sent me a PM asking to be removed. the thread started March 14, 2014 and ended May 13, 2014 after being locked down. not long after that it was taken off the Cooper board and hidden in the non Cooper related board that is no longer visible to anyone. he was also going after Jo a lot in that thread. it wasn't just you. 

What you still haven't answered is the fact of wanting comments removed on my forum and the Mountain news but allow them to remain on this thread without a word spoken? Georger made the comment of Gray not liking you, not me which you just accused me of the other day. it's on this very thread. do you see any bias or discrimination anywhere, or could we use Cooper's term of a "grudge". according to you it's lies that don't belong, right, even though it hasn't been proven one way or the other years later? 

You threatened me for posting your address that was made public by you on 4 websites. I even posted those sites showing it was already public. what threat could you possibly have? "please stop posting my address or legal action will take place" 

Edited by mrshutter45

Enough already...I am perfectly okay and alright with the ban. I don't care and I don't mind. You can stop anytime with the justifications. 

As far as TMN goes, that place has problems going with the moderator. When Bruce did his ban on me, the comments ceased because the folks making those comments were no longer getting the feedback loop they desired. I finally deleted the shortcut on my desktop. But what really put me over the top was the latest article claiming Bruce had been abducted by aliens. Yeah, that was a visit-killer for me. 

This thread drifts off topic occasionally. (really? :/) It's not that big a deal. If something important came along, or was discussed regarding the case, I would chip in my two cents, yes. 

Cooper-related:  Our last Cooper Campout of the year happens Friday October 4 through Sunday the 6th, although I will be going out earlier than that to set up the stuff and guide people in if necessary. Nice spot, very remote...but I have tested cell service there a few times and it works. I don't have a full group (14 people) this time, but close enough. I am no longer recruiting anyone else for this trip. Main reason is the weather, which will almost certainly be rain off and on at least. I'm well prepared for that, though. If you have enough 20x30 tarps and line, you can always create a solid day shelter for everyone, and all the usual entertainment facilities can still be provided. 

After this trip, next one won't be until April, at least. May is more likely. 

Just now, RobertMBlevins said:

Enough already...I am perfectly okay and alright with the ban. I don't care and I don't mind. You can stop anytime with the justifications. 

Stop bringing things up and it will cease. it's pretty simple, no? the "enough already" should be directed your way. you started the conversation, not me...

Just now, mrshutter45 said:

Stop bringing things up and it will cease. it's pretty simple, no? the "enough already" should be directed your way. you started the conversation, not me...

No can do...I call it like I see it. I'm sort of known for that. Naturally, some people will not like it. If I see Cooper-related baloney out there, such as I did with Eric's fiasco and his actions earlier this year...I'm going to drag out the mustard and bread, start making sandwiches, and offer them up to Cooper fans to see if they agree the provided material is baloney-based.  

6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Really? You have a short memory. Before you actually launched The DB Cooper Forum, you and other current members were back-and-forth about pre-banning me before it even started. I made a couple of posts under a username just to show you I could. Nothing bad, and then I told you who I was. 

There would be no actual reason to do what you did that would be considered "normal". what you did was disruptive. that's the bottom line. you already new your were not welcome so you caused more trouble by your own actions. if a store told you that you were not welcome you would put a dress on and walk in to prove you could? 

12 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

So, then you are trying to silence me? you can speak and I can't...got it...

You can speak. You are doing it right now, and I am okay with that. I'm not much for suppression and exclusion. 

If you mean the DB Cooper Space at Quora, that is another animal entirely, and open for viewing to everyone. But to make comments or post anything there, I have to trust people for that. Everything that gets posted to that site goes out automatically by email to almost a thousand followers, plus sometimes Quora will pick up on an entry and send that out on their own to between 1,000-5,000 OTHER Quora users. So it's a big responsibility. I also sometimes share entries with my personal followers, about 400 additional users there. 

This is something I don't take lightly. Viewing is one thing. Accessing that many Cooper fans simultaneously is something else. I created the Cooper Space by invitation of the Quora staff. I have no intention of letting them down. 

EDIT: As far as the pre-banning discussion, that was done when you guys were doing the temporary site, before the DBC Forum actually went live. Someplace, anyway. Like I said, I'm okay with it no matter the reason. After five years, I am perfectly okay with it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Sure, and letting them down by posting inaccurate material and then censoring those trying to alert them of the inaccurate information. way to go..

No, I don't mean Quora in my post above. it's not like I came into that site under false pretenses or hid my identity to disrupt. it was a legit question that was censored...

Edited by mrshutter45

1 minute ago, mrshutter45 said:

Sure, and letting them down by posting inaccurate material and then censoring those trying to alert them of the inaccurate information. way to go..

No, I don't mean Quora in my post above. it's not like I came into that site under false pretenses or hid my identity to disrupt. it was a legit question that was censored...

Come on, Shutter. Get real. I'm not allowing the guy who tells me how 'disruptive' I am in the Cooper case, the guy who banned me from his website years ago, the ability to comment or post at our Quora Space on Cooper. It just ain't gonna happen. Same thing goes for a few other people in Cooperland. This is a trust issue with me here. You guys do your thing, and I do mine. 

I know you and Bruce Smith and some of his friends don't see eye to eye and don't always agree. Look...you have the biggest forum on the Cooper case on Planet Earth. You also post here, probably the single biggest THREAD about Cooper on Earth. You can view the Cooper Space whenever you wish, just like everyone else. What's the big deal? 

I keep looking at the long-range weather reports. Hmm. I decided to pick THIS UP at Amazon

5 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Okay, so then I can make a bunch of articles and complain for the next 5 years about being censored on Quora for asking a legit question and being pre-banned from commenting? 

What is your fascination with the Cooper Space at Quora? You already run the biggest Cooper website going. You banned me from that site years ago. What is it you expect from me? Why should I give you any consideration regarding commenting or asking questions at the Space? Not like I can do THAT at YOUR place. Why don't we just leave it at that. Like I said, I'm okay with that arrangement and call it Even Steven. 

7 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Come on, Shutter. Get real. I'm not allowing the guy who tells me how 'disruptive' I am in the Cooper case, the guy who banned me from his website years ago

The reason why you were not welcome on my forum is because this happens where ever you go. Quora is not related to Cooper investigators. it's a different format. it's something you formed. yes, you can block me but now you no longer have the right to blame me for blocking you. I had my reasons prior to your intrusion. that only sealed the deal. 

1 minute ago, RobertMBlevins said:

What is your fascination with the Cooper Space at Quora?

I don't have any fascination with Quora. it's something once again brought up by you. I read the article and commented and was censored. a legit question was asked and removed. then you actually realized the question was valid and state you are changing it? as mentioned before...way to go...

Just now, mrshutter45 said:

The reason why you were not welcome on my forum is because this happens where ever you go. Quora is not related to Cooper investigators. it's a different format. it's something you formed. yes, you can block me but now you no longer have the right to blame me for blocking you. I had my reasons prior to your intrusion. that only sealed the deal. 

Do you see me protesting any of this? Or being not-okay with your banning decision? I'm fine with it. And by the way...I only made two posts there. The first was totally harmless. The second one I said who I was. I only did it to show that it could be done, but I knew the second I revealed myself, I would be banned. I'm just fine with the current situation.