18 18
quade

DB Cooper

No the statement makes sense. 

As far as that screenshot you posted...your view on it is inaccurate. Read it closely. 

The server hosting that forum only allowed guests to see pictures at a smaller size unless they were posted in a sort of special manner. Guests could still access all outside links, or you could provide the direct link to a photo at Photocrapit or something. Nothing was actually restricted. You just couldn't do the blow up of a thumbnail of an ATTACHED picture unless you were registered. Server rules, not mine. Not sure why they did it that way. 

Actually, that screenshot you posted helped SHOW people how to access stuff. It didn't tell them they couldn't. I thought it was rather nice, now that I see it again. B|

As far as the SafecrackingPLF channel, I haven't been there for a long time until today. I also was able to post a comment. I just said 'good video' as a test, like you did. He has a couple of videos where comments are not allowed. You will have to ask him about that. Pretty moot since he hasn't posted any new videos in what...six years or more?

EDIT: I think it's time to get back to Cooper stuff. You must have missed my post on the documentary. No worries. I will repost it for you. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

To fully access....doesn't matter it was a very small unusable photo. almost like a profile pic. I still have an account and will check on the options..should of changed servers...you got shutdown twice by them and finally moved..you change everything anyway so you should of changed the server to fit the public need lol. they told me personally they were upset with you. 325 million alone in the US told me lol..still haven't responded to all of them lol. what was the option for links to the public? this was Proboards. I recall being able to see photo's full in view after 2015....must be an option. 

Edited by mrshutter45

22 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Actual Cooper-related news: I have been occasionally tracking the activities of Minnow Films, the guys who traveled all over the USA doing interviews, etc on the case. I received a notice today of a filing by Minnow a few months back that was finally made public. 

As many film production companies do when making a movie, they often set up a separate entity (for tax and other purposes) to cover that movie. Minnow has now done this for their DB Cooper movie, which means yes...the movie will be released. When? I don't know that. 

Director John Dower and crew did interviews with Bruce Smith, yours truly, 'Denise,' (Bernie Geestman's niece), Lyle Christiansen, the Forman couple, and others for the movie. 

*Notice: All images in this post, with the exception of the film company notice shown below, and the picture of John Dower receiving an award for his 'Thrilla in Manila' documentary, are copyright 2018 by Adventure Books of Seattle and Robert Blevins.* 

A picture of the main filing is shown below. My guess is they may release next year, or wait until the 50th anniversary, but it is safe to say they WILL release the picture at some point now. This is good news for Cooper fans. Until the filing, no one really knew if they were actually going to edit and release. Apparently they are finally moving forward. There are three other pages to this document, but the main stuff is this page. (a few pictures of the actual shoots they did in Kent, WA and Eatonville, WA are also below.) The picture of the books are from my personal library. 

minnowPDFCooper_Page_1.jpg

GriersonForThillerInManilla2.jpg
Director John Dower receiving an award for 'Thrilla in Manila'. 

BookDisplay.jpg
Books from my personal collection. They wanted a few for the shoot in Kent. Left to right, and only because some of them are interesting: Missiles and Rockets and Manned Spacecraft by Gatland (1967), Space by James A. Mitchener, Scorpion Down, The Skies Belong to Us, Skyjack, The Road Ahead, Earhart's Flight Into Yesterday, and A Question of Balance, my ridiculously long 800 page work from 2007.

JJarvis.jpg
John Jarvis, the veteran agent who may have blown the whistle on Kenny Christiansen to three people at a baseball game. 

TheInvaders.jpg
Left to right:  Main cinematographer, Director Dower, and the Exec Producer. (They have asked me not to use their names publicly, except for Dower.) 

PostShot1.jpg
Day one of the Kent shoot. 

Eatonville1.jpg
At work in Eatonville, WA during the second shoot with Bernie Geestman's niece. 

A much better version of this report (with additional details and links) was posted to Facebook's DB Cooper page, and the Quora Space on Cooper. 

Side Note: I finally DID drop by the DB Cooper Forum for the month. Saw some stuff about image hosting problems. End your problems by signing up at Imgur dot com. Fast, quick, easy, and no watermarks or other Photocrapit baloney. The site loads for you in two seconds. At first glance it seems like a place where you just do public posts, but in reality it is a very good image hosting site. Once you figure the controls, you will never go back to Photobucket. If you don't want your images shared with the public, i.e. you just want the images listed, and available to you via the usual links and settings...just don't make them public in options when you upload them. Otherwise they are shared with the entire site. Photobucket is a joke. 

I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss this news, Shutter. Some of your present and past forum members will be appearing in it soon. Have you even told them yet? Feel free to quote for their convenience. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

15 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Repeat post...

Damn. How did I miss THAT? 

Shutter: I don't need you to tell me how to run a forum. I'm not really interested in taking the time to do that anymore. 

Besides, I already have the WordPress column on Cooper, the Quora Space on Cooper, a frickin' DB Cooper Info Page at our main website...I'm a contributor here at DZ as well...how much Cooper do you want me to do? 

You do the forum bit. I'm busy enough with the other stuff. Yes, I still have a forum...sort of...but it just sits there and that's fine with me. Even I don't contribute to it anymore. B|

The reason for the duplicate post is to make sure word gets out to certain people...people YOU know...that might actually be interested in knowing that a documentary they participated in is coming out soon. Actually, you should be doing this, not me. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Shutter: I don't need you to tell me how to run a forum. I'm not really interested in taking the time to do that anymore. 

I think it's in your best interest to stop talking about others as well? no need to repost. it should of never really been an "interest" in the beginning. if you were a member, then yes..when the "public" alerts me of the problem. I will take care of it...

Edited by mrshutter45

1 minute ago, mrshutter45 said:

I think it's in your best interest to stop talking about others as well? it should of never really been an "interest" in the beginning. if you were a member, then yes..when the "public" alerts me of the problem. I will take care of it...

'Stop talking about others' (in the Cooper case) covers a lot of ground. Maybe no one should ever talk about anyone else...EVER. 

Who are you? The Guy Who Says What CAN and CANNOT Be Published in the Cooper Case? You must be joking. I call it like I see it. You do the same thing. I see no differences here. If we went by YOUR rules, half the posts at The DB Cooper Forum would not be there, Bruce Smith's interviews would vanish, and nobody would know a thing about any of the witnesses, suspects, or any of the public characters surrounding the case. 

It clogs up the forum Robert. a member sent a PM and you see a complaint above. if you don't speak about it. it doesn't get replied. you are speaking of the politics around the community vs the actual discussion of Cooper. you have a forum "sitting there" put it on there for the PUBLIC to see. 

41 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

It clogs up the forum Robert. a member sent a PM and you see a complaint above. if you don't speak about it. it doesn't get replied. you are speaking of the politics around the community vs the actual discussion of Cooper. you have a forum "sitting there" put it on there for the PUBLIC to see. 

I am trying to understand your post, but it doesn't make sense to me. A forum 'sitting there'? It's been open and available to the public since...(let me look)...February of this year. Even has a Guest Thread. Nothing goes on there, and I don't care if anyone posts or even looks at it. There is nothing there anyway. Look for yourself.

Let me get this straight now. Discussing strictly ONLY the evidence in the Cooper case should be allowed. Characters involved in the exploration of the Cooper case are NOT allowed to be discussed. Is that what you are trying to tell me?

That is not realistic. Let me say something here. I've told you before...if you want Cooper subjects discussed here, then LEAD BY EXAMPLE. That's why I posted that extensive information with all the pictures about John Dower's upcoming documentary. And you...the alleged Biggest Voice on the Cooper Case...completely ignored it even though some of your members and friends are involved. What the hell is that about?

No one tells me what to write, not even my mother. LOL why should I listen to you? As long as I don't publish outright slander, there is a First Amendment you know. 

Right now, there is a theme song that really matches this thread. It's totally nuts here, I swear.

Try leading by example before you start preaching to everyone...

Edited by RobertMBlevins

"Shutter just jealous because his website sucks so he comes here and starts shit with Blevins in hopes of getting the website shut down again. If he would ever understand that people don’t give 3 hoots about the flight path and that they want suspects. That’s all people care about is suspects..."

No use in being unfair to the guy, and no...I don't think he's trying to get the DZ Cooper thread shut down. His website does serve a purpose. None of the websites currently discussing the Cooper case are perfect. ALL have flaws of one kind or another. 

29 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Let me get this straight now. Discussing strictly ONLY the evidence in the Cooper case should be allowed. Characters involved in the exploration of the Cooper case are NOT allowed to be discussed. Is that what you are trying to tell me?

What you do out weighs the comments actually surrounding Cooper. this causes people to reply to them clogging it up further. yes, it's a Cooper forum to discuss DB Cooper and not who is discussing DB Cooper? you constantly repeat the samething's as the thread turns pages keeping it fresh. it's a form of personal attacks. it's disruptive to the flow of actually discussing the case. 

I take it you would allow me to speak at one of your events surrounding things related to Cooper about you instead of actually talking about Cooper or even a mixture? 

Edited by mrshutter45

If you want 'strict discussing of the case' and nothing else, that's what The DB Cooper Forum is for. I won't lie to you...I've always been a bit of a renegade when it comes to the Cooper case. And you probably won't believe this but I get a certain amount of respect for not conforming. 

There is a down side to this, though. Some people aren't going to like it. 

There is more to the Cooper case than discussing the same old evidence over and over again. Not that this is bad, but there are other things too. One of them is the people who SURROUND the exploration into the case. Like it or not, they are part of Cooperland as well. 

The problem is you have to strike a balance between reporting on those things, and engaging in slander or dirty tricks. I try to keep it balanced, most of the time. I never claimed perfection, either. 

For example, when I released the YouTube video on the murder of Earl Cossey, you said I crossed the line with some of my comments regarding your forum. And after reviewing the video, I decided you were right. I spent a couple of hours editing the thing and re-loading it back to YouTube. 

EDIT: I don't email Bruce Smith anymore, and I don't know the Formans' email address. You should probably direct them to the proper post, so that they will know they will be appearing soon on the documentary. I think they will want to know. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, mrshutter45 said:

Please provide the slander. that's a dangerous accusation.,or even a dirty trick?

This is a direct personal attack, no? 

No. I was talking about MY content on the Cooper case, not anyone else's. You have to strike a balance between reporting and actual slander, which I try to do. Sometimes (gasp) I even have NICE things to say about people involved with the Cooper case. B|

Have you made a post yet about the documentary at the Cooper Forum, to let your members know about it, especially Bruce and the Formans? Just wondering.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

My point is this isn't your forum to decide speaking bad about people whether you think it's right or not. the forum is suppose to be about DB Cooper and not about those who talk about DB Cooper. this was another hard topic you pushed about people talking about you all the time. that hasn't happened on my forum in years and you keep talking about it still today. there is no single side to blame. both got out of hand years ago but it doesn't seem to be the case years later except for one person keeping it alive. the guys on TMN are the only one's doing all the talking other than you? my forum has moved on from this years ago. "don't bring it up and it won't be replied to" is not a threat to silence anyone. it's not helping anything repeating it over and over. this stops the discussion, period. the thread was shutdown for that reason the last time. the more the case is discussed the lesser the odds of it getting shutdown. no question about it. I'm far from perfect and say it often. none of this does anyone any good...

17 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

My point is this isn't your forum to decide speaking bad about people whether you think it's right or not. the forum is suppose to be about DB Cooper and not about those who talk about DB Cooper. this was another hard topic you pushed about people talking about you all the time. that hasn't happened on my forum in years and you keep talking about it still today. there is no single side to blame. both got out of hand years ago but it doesn't seem to be the case years later except for one person keeping it alive. the guys on TMN are the only one's doing all the talking other than you? my forum has moved on from this years ago. "don't bring it up and it won't be replied to" is not a threat to silence anyone. it's not helping anything repeating it over and over. this stops the discussion, period. the thread was shutdown for that reason the last time. the more the case is discussed the lesser the odds of it getting shutdown. no question about it. I'm far from perfect and say it often. none of this does anyone any good...

I don't 'speak bad about people'. I do articles where sometimes certain folks' public actions regarding the Cooper case need to be called into question. Mostly the articles or posts have to do with points on the case, not specific people. Those things are in the minority. 

Did you inform your members about the documentary? Since some of them gave up their time to agree to the film shoots...maybe...just maybe...they would like to know? Or does this fall under your policy of 'not having anything to do with anything AB of Seattle is involved in?' 

I already looked. You did not tell them anything. Maybe you should. It's not like I was responsible for the documentary. That would be Minnow Films in London, UK.  No need to mention my name. Better they hear this news from you than me. FYI:  Just for background, I am told the documentary is being submitted to several film festivals soon, and then a general release. After that, probably BBC...after that...Amazon. That's been the usual way with John Dower's documentary work. 

Here is the link to the main article:

https://qr.ae/TWsI9l

hcsvader's comment makes perfect sense. 

38 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Read the complaint...move on...

Everybody has a complaint. My cat complains about the local wildlife. You are simply unreal. A worldwide documentary coming from an award-winning director on the Cooper case...some of your own forum members appear in it...and you are busy with 'complaints'. 

No wonder we're getting so much traffic at Quora. I have to tell people all the latest Cooper news FOR you. 

CocoCoyote.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, you are now instigating. yes, I'm busy at the moment in reply to Meso. people from my forum read this thread. they are not meat with eye's. stop telling me what to do. the complaint is by another member if you would take notice right on this thread, actually, his second. it's in reference to the bickering...another complained by PM and you still don't get it. 

Edited by mrshutter45

23 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, you are now instigating. yes, I'm busy at the moment in reply to Meso. people from my forum read this thread. they are not meat with eye's. stop telling me what to do. the complaint is by another member if you would take notice right on this thread, actually, his second. it's in reference to the bickering...another complained by PM and you still don't get it. 

I am not a mind reader. I asked you THREE times and in TWO major posts (with pictures) if you had informed your members about the documentary. You didn't answer once, you simply kept up your complaints. 

And by the way...according to Jeannie, aka Amazon at this website, it was PM complaints to the former admin here (Sangiro), mostly done by your most prolific poster Georger, that got this thread closed. You have previously blamed this on ME, even though I never send a complaint to anyone. 

Amazon told me this while I was up there in Monroe a while back fixing her front porch, if you're wondering. She tried to gift me one of her boats but I had to tell her I didn't have room for it. She is one hell of a nice person, by the way. You want to dispute her word at Dropzone about all this? She's one of DZ's most respected members ever. Good luck with that. She's also the one who said...referring to you and your group of troublemakers..."They deserve each other over there..."

That's a quote. 

Actually, I'm starting to believe this thread does more harm than good. I would have no problem if it were closed a second time. I am not saying that is what should be done, but I would not be surprised if it was. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, it's a never ending circle with you. people are complaining. do you follow. apparently not. Georger was not on the forum when it closed. it was due to exactly what is taking place here at this very moment. a member has posted twice and you ignored his pleas. a member sent a PM with both our names on the complaint. do you get it yet? the kangaroo court needs to be dismissed and allow the discussion of Cooper to start. do you need anything quoted in order to understand? 

Baloney. You've had plenty of chances to 'allow the discussion of Cooper to start'. Instead there is page after page from you with your pithy complaints and justifications. Most of these complaints are objections to my YouTube videos or WordPress articles on the Cooper case. And you are pissed off that I blocked you from following me at Quora. And finally blocked your PM's here at Dropzone. 

Georger was banned from Dropzone. Then the thread was closed soon afterward when additional complaints came in to the admin, all of them by your forum members at the DB Cooper Forum.

He's your biggest poster at the Cooper Forum. In addition, several of your members, when they heard this thread had been reopened, said they wished nothing better than it be closed. Right off the bat. 

You have been the leader of that project ever since, supported by your friend Parrothead Vol. 

This is a skydiving website, which means most of the people who hang out here aren't dumb. I said what I had to say on this issue, and gave sources. If the thread is closed, that is your fault, in my humble opinion.