18 18
quade

DB Cooper

Just now, mrshutter45 said:

I don't have any fascination with Quora. it's something once again brought up by you. I read the article and commented and was censored. a legit question was asked and removed. then you actually realized the question was valid and state you are changing it? as mentioned before...way to go...

I don't trust many of the people at your website...they have a negativity history, especially Georger. You have hosted literally HUNDREDS of negative comments with my name attached over the years. I am not allowing anything remotely like that to happen at the Quora Space. 

This isn't about censorship. It's common sense. 

Look...this is a dead subject. The situation between us is what it is. You can post Cooper stuff here, at your forum, and you can make polite comments at the Cooper WordPress, although unlike Bruce I actually screen the comments for sensibility. If you want to do Quora, fill out your profile and create something there. 

Censoring questions is never a good idea. if they are disruptive then yes. that's what public forums and sites consist of. you have the right to do that but I don't believe it's right in this case. especially when the article was inaccurate as I stated in my censored comment. you didn't come on my forum with anything legit other than spite. since you censored me on that question. I shouldn't have posted anything here backing my censored comment, but I did. you censored it on Quora and DEMANDED it here? kind of hypocritical, no? 

19 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Didn't you scold others for asking a question about you on my forum and not going to you for the answer? it's different when someone asks a question surrounding statements in an article you wrote? 

Well, now that DZ is back open again, this is not a problem. Your members can drop by here anytime they wish if they have questions. But...I have seen posts at that forum by some of your members saying they will never come here. Well, okay. That is their choice.

Access to the Quora Space on Cooper is highly restricted as far as commenting or posting for obvious reasons. We only have maybe six or seven folks signed up as contributors, and none of them are actually from the Cooperland Community. 

It's not like I'm hard to find. I don't really visit the Cooper Forum anymore. As the saying goes, I don't go where I'm not wanted. More or less anyway. And frankly I have my hand in at too many websites already. Infamous Nissan, Quora, (a lot) WordPress, DZ, World of Tanks, (fear the KV-1!) and elsewhere. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

DZ wasn't the concern. it was the censorship of legit questions. doesn't matter how hard it is to find someone. you don't look for someone who posted an article. that means they are right there. then as mentioned scold people for not going directly to the source. asking a legit question on article made by that person is as direct as one can get. it was censored. if it was disruptive or included going into detail about other things diverting from the actual question, then yes, remove it. 

Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient".Censorship can be conducted by a government, private institutions, and corporations.

Lets not forget over the years of you constantly complaining not being able to defend yourself where you have been banned? legit reasons were noted why this took place. now, it appears that you can censor those you feel censored you? two wrongs make a right in this logic? Eric can't defend himself with the articles posted on Quora or Bruce? we know I've been censored for asking a legit question? isn't this like being pre-banned. something you constantly bring up over the years? wouldn't this be considered slanted as you always state? you make articles about others and don't allow a defense to take place where questions can be asked below the article  directly to the source? what caused the pre-banning of others? I'm not objecting to the right to do what you are stating but it's rather hypocritical. it sounds like you want to tell things the way you see fit and exclude any challenge and not allow what happens here to happen on Quora. remember, you were banned for reasons on other forums. we appear to be banned simply for exclusion. you are doing the exact samething you preached against for the last five years..fearing what happens here to happening at Quora shows you know very well all of this doesn't belong here....

2 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

Hear all about Nat Loufoque's theory on the DB Cooper skyjacking and his very interesting suspect on the latest episode of The Cooper Vortex!

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-went-rouge-nat-loufoque/

Unless you are talking about makeup, rouge is actually spelled ROGUE. Just saying. 

Shutter says in part: 

'Lets not forget over the years of you constantly complaining not being able to defend yourself where you have been banned? legit reasons were noted why this took place. now, it appears that you can censor those you feel censored you? two wrongs make a right in this logic? Eric can't defend himself with the articles posted on Quora or Bruce?..'

Enough. You decided to ban me five years ago from your website, in fact BEFORE you even went live...and then you question me when I won't let you post to the Quora Space on DB Cooper, a site we run? You must be kidding. 

Dropzone is an open discussion thread on the Cooper case. Your site is a closed membership discussion site on the case. Quora Cooper is the same thing. Like you, we decide who and who does NOT have access. People with a history of negativity against AB of Seattle, or who support negative comments on their websites of a personal nature, such as Bruce Smith, Georger, and yourself...do NOT get access. It is as simple as that. 

Censorship is different. Censorship is when you post an article to Quora under the Cooper Space...and I go in there as the admin and change some of the content because I don't agree with it, or don't like it. 

I would never do that to anyone at Quora unless the content violated their Terms of Service or something, or was so far over the top we could get into trouble. But I do get to decide who initially gets access and I have decided that some folks who hang out at the Cooper Forum, and many of the people who comment at Bruce Smith's Mountain News site do not fit the criteria to join the Cooper Space, comment to articles there, or create/link other articles regarding the Cooper case. There are SOME people I would allow access to, who also belong in the general Cooper Community. Two examples are Tom Kaye and '377'. If they joined Quora, followed the Cooper Space (you have to do that first), and then requested Contributor status, I would grant it to them. 

With some other known folks, it would soon become a bitching zone, and that is not its purpose. There is also a certain responsibility I have here. All articles or links posted to the Cooper Space at Quora go out automatically to nearly a thousand people via email notices with full content included. That is a serious responsibility, and one I take VERY seriously. I'm not going to allow just ANYONE that kind of email access with the Quora members who signed up to receive that feed. 

However...there is ONE way to gain that kind of access at the Quora Space. And here's how it works. Let's say you create an illustrated article on something Cooper-related. Let's say you post it to WordPress or another site. You can email me with the link and I will examine the article. If I think it meets our criteria for inclusion on the Cooper Space...then I will post the link with a short header and it will go out to everyone getting the feed. 

Let's be realistic. This is the New Cooper Reality, okay?  YOU have the Cooper Forum. Bruce has The Mountain News. I have the Cooper Quora Space. EVERYONE has Dropzone if they wish. I see this as a fair and balanced thing all around for everyone. Everyone has their own access to Cooper-related subjects and ANYONE at ANY TIME can also open their own Cooper blog at WordPress as well. 

Shall we move on now? No one is going to change their policies. Bruce isn't going to un-ban me from TMN. You are not going to un-ban me from the DB Cooper Forum. I am not going to change my policies either. Why don't we just leave it at that...

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Enough. You decided to ban me five years ago from your website, in fact BEFORE you even went live...and then you question me when I won't let you post to the Quora Space on DB Cooper, a site we run? You must be kidding. 

Yes, I didn't want this to happen on my site. you have now done it twice on here. it clogs the forum up. I don't question what you did on Quora. I know what you did. I was silenced for asking a question. a question that you actually agreed was valid. now, similar to your complaints over the years hundreds of them screaming you can't defend yourself is now stating Eric or Bruce can't defend themselves on the articles you wrote on Quora about them. you are doing what you preached against. this is the hypocrisy I keep explaining to you. I decided you and Jo would not be welcome on my forum. then you joined under a false name to disrupt proving my original statement of behavior issues and reason for you not being welcome. you complain of people not working together and censor them at the same time lol. 

Here is what I see. nobody has spoken about you in a long time on my forum. I can't say that for TMN. as for this thread. the bickering needs to stop. that means the constant bringing up the past over and over while people wish to discuss the case. it's counter productive. not everyone likes that "cup of tea" as you say. I don't have a problem not being able to post on your articles but showed the obvious hypocrisy. you have been on Quora for sometime now so it's not like it came out yesterday and nobody is flooding the place wanting to trash it. you have every right to allow who ever to comment but can't sing the song any longer about censorship and not being able to defend..just keep in mind you were banned for behavior reason and not asking legit questions....that's the best I can explain..

Geez, Louise. You're complaining over one little question. In reality, the actual way to ask questions at Quora is not in comments. You add a question to Quora. People try to answer. People with real names and profiles and a history...showing to others why they might be qualified to answer. Quora really isn't a discussion forum, although it can be sometimes. It is actually a Q and A website where people with legit identities and provided profiles answer questions posed by Quora members worldwide. Some are very profound. Others are plain silly sometimes. Some are very GOOD questions. It's complicated. 

It's part of the thing that makes Quora different. Sure...people can sign up under a username and not provide a background. And everything they say will be downvoted by the community, or their questions will be ignored. The only example is sometimes people ask questions that are so sensitive that they choose to ask anonymously. One example was a woman who asked why she was still feeling suicidal so many years after she was sexually assaulted. But those things happen there rarely, aka anonymous questions like that. 

Your profile and interests also determine which A2A's get sent to you by Quora. In my case, most Asked to Answers are about science fiction writing, DB Cooper, book publishing, camping, survival, and the like...because all of that is in my profile. 

Just for the record, I think your comment was NOT a question. You simply made a comment saying the article was incorrect, but didn't say how or why. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I'm not complaining about anything. you don't get it. I'm showing the obvious hypocrisy in your statements over the years about not being able to defend yourself against accusations. I have to repeat myself over and over to you. you have articles on there surrounding other members and probably me. I didn't look over the whole site. now, you claim we can't defend ourselves there just as you have claimed the last five years....you don't practice what you preach. it's not just the one question. it's the actions around it....

I have articles out there on all kinds of Cooper subjects. About sixty plus of them at WordPress. Is there a specific complaint you have about them, or is this just a general thing? Writing an article about a point in the Cooper case, or even one about a person, is not necessarily hypocrisy. It's reporting. I suppose you could call it that. I always add my name so people know where the article comes from. Same with the videos. 

Is it your belief I should just withdraw from all articles, videos, etc on the Cooper case? No way. Face facts. You and some of your friends went to the extreme to try and silence me...and it all backfired on you. You didn't stop people from listening to me regarding the Cooper case, we now have a boatload of supporters, and we even got a contract to assist on the first-ever dramatic feature film being produced on the Cooper case. 

Not like I didn't try to include you and those folks you associate with. I offered you the biggest Cooper event ever done...you rejected participation and Eric helped trash it...I offered high-paying jobs in the movie production itself and an inside window into the process...ALSO rejected. I offered a neutral ground where you could reach people with your 'Cooper Stuff' maybe thousands of people at a time...you sort of WANT that...but for the wrong reasons...and your other rejections makes me no longer trust most people in Cooperland with the exception of maybe Tom Kaye and 377. Eric's trashing, and his lies...regarding the proposed combination event in Portland was the final straw. You can discuss anything you wish with me here at Dropzone, or by comments to WordPress. You could even post to the AB of Seattle forum if you wished, but that's set up mostly for later and currently no one is posting there. But you could if you wished. 

These things, these OPPORTUNITIES, were far in excess of anything any one of you ever offered ME. Sometimes I can't believe I kept trying...

Whaddaya want from me anyway? To go away? Aint gonna happen. 

These links are fully open:

The DB Cooper WordPress Blog

The AB of Seattle Forum

Everything DB Cooper at Quora (Contributions by private submission, or by applying for Contributor status.) 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

22 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

, is not necessarily hypocrisy. It's reporting.

lol, your hard statement over the last five years was people talking about you on a forum you were banned from. that's no different than "reporting" it's still posting on public sites. you claimed for years playing victim to this cause. now, you are on a site with articles surrounding members from this forum, mine and TMN and decide we can't speak out on them? real name, username, R2D2 status means squat. you have removed the ability to defend. that makes it slanted by your own logic. this is what I'm pointing out vs complaining. your not practicing what you preach. especially, complaining everyone should work together? even more hypocrisy...

Added: the National Enquirer is reporting too. they get sued all the time. 

Edited by mrshutter45

Yes. Having people talk negatively about you for five years on a site you were banned from at the start was a bit much. But I moved on from all that. 

As far as the articles you mentioned, when people front themselves as participants in investigations in the Cooper case, or hold organized events, then it is fair to report on such actions. It's news. Like any news, it's sometimes good, sometimes not so good. 

What is is EXACTLY you want from me? To allow you and your friends free access to the Quora Space on Cooper? There are many links and posted articles, or answered questions there...that are NOT from me. If you want to ask questions or make comments, or 'defend yourself' as you say, you should go to the actual source. That is WordPress, where all the articles actually live, along with the articles linking most of the YouTube videos. You are free to go there. 

If you think I'm foolish enough to allow you and your negative friends in Cooperland to have free access to the email feed for nearly a thousand users at Quora...you have to earn my trust first. Otherwise, you and your friends and forum followers are perfectly free to discuss things at your DB Cooper Forum, or here at Dropzone. 

This is perfectly open to everyone. You, me, Bruce, everyone. Georger would have to join under another username I suppose.

See my last post for all the available links. I am done with this discussion. It's obvious we will never agree, and I am not changing my policies about the Quora Space on Cooper. That is a big responsibility and anyone wanting Contributor status must earn it. 

39 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I offered you the biggest Cooper event ever done...you rejected participation and Eric helped trash it...I offered high-paying jobs in the movie production itself and an inside window into the process...ALSO rejected.

We are within every right to reject what ever we wish? dangling a carrot of cash isn't going to cut it. it's very tacky to keep repeating that. nobody was on my forum constantly discussing you Robert. that's another false narrative. 

Trying to get a bunch of people who don't like the things you do is not a good idea from get go? I'm also within my rights to give any reason why or give the reason if asked. you can hold an event in a stadium for all I care. this is America. make it happen and stop blaming others. the public is not sitting on the edge of there seats waiting for a huge Cooper event? it's just an old unsolved case. get the Decoded team together and hold an event that will be seen around the world? stop crying over spilled milk and do it....just don't come off as God demanding others to work around your schedule? 

8 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Let's cut to the chase here. 

What is it EXACTLY you want from me? Be specific. Stop rambling. You have a request? Get to the point and MAKE it. You are wasting my time here until you do. 

I've told you...you are still not listening....I showed the hypocrisy in your statements over the last five years doing the very samething you preached against...follow? I don't want anything from you. you have wasting time with everyone reading all this crap? it all started from YOU...

Edited by mrshutter45

No...I didn't mean rambling on about this or that. You have spent a great deal of time and many posts here over the last two days. You must want something. 

What is it...beyond the existential stuff, I mean. B| Frankly, and I don't mean this in a bad way...but you are becoming a serious bore. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Not really. You mainly started out a two-day bitch session about me deleting your single comment to a Quora article...and this comes to me from the same guy who banned me from his website five years ago...and allowed hundreds of negative comments about me...and even my main squeeze Gayla Prociv...to stand at his website. Your second or third biggest contributor to your website...Bruce Smith...has done the same thing. 

So, you'll excuse me if I don't really care about your bitching LOL. 

If you have a specific request, something you would like me to do, whatever...why don't you just spit it out and be done with it. I'm pretty sure this discussion is boring the hell out of everyone who wades through it. 

If you didn't make these statements nobody would respond, right? now, all the sudden it's boring? you are being challenged for statements made by you. especially when they are inaccurate or go against past statements made once again by YOU? it's not that hard to understand. it appears you don't like challenge and like it when you can say what ever you wish? if it bores you, perhaps not bringing up these subjects will ease the boredom? 

Just saying....

8 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

If you didn't make these statements nobody would respond, right? now, all the sudden it's boring? you are being challenged for statements made by you. especially when they are inaccurate or go against past statements made once again by YOU? it's not that hard to understand. it appears you don't like challenge and like it when you can say what ever you wish? if it bores you, perhaps not bringing up these subjects will ease the boredom? 

Just saying....

I call it like I see it. In the Cooper case, as well as the people who surround that case...and I always will. It is expected that some people will not like that. However, I do try to avoid taking cheap shots except in a humorous way sometimes. (The video below is a good example, where I sort of poke fun at Eric's 60 'Cooper Bites' at YouTube.)

You still didn't say exactly what you wanted. If you mean 'stop writing articles or doing videos or hosting Cooper campouts or working with people on a movie about the case...'

Well, that's not going to happen. Things have gone very well in the last year. I must be doing something right. Why change horses in mid-stream, or like my old man once said:

"Don't mess with success..." (I know you like hearing quotes from him sometimes, since you have occasionally repeated them.) 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

15 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

You still didn't say exactly what you wanted. If you mean 'stop writing articles or doing videos or hosting Cooper campouts or working with people on a movie about the case..

Never once claimed that. it's amazing how you would put something like that together lol. that's not even close to what we were talking about what so ever...it surrounds the hypocrisy coming from your past statements. it seems when it doesn't go your way it becomes boring and then accusations of wanting you not to go camping lol. you can do what ever you wish. just don't include me. how hard can this truly be? it must be extremely hard for you since you constantly bring it up and then claim it's boring? this is a product of YOU. I didn't bring any of this up, you did...yes, it is boring...

Edited by mrshutter45

Okay....I hear a lot of whining...I don't see any actual substance here. For someone to make as many posts about my activities regarding the Cooper case, you almost certainly WANT something. 

Why don't you just say what that is?  

You dance around more than Ann Miller at a Broadway show, I swear. I could try to answer what it is you REALLY want, and what's really bothering you, but I think it's better if it comes from you. 

If you want me to change my policies, or delete articles, or kowtow to Cooper Royalty, you can forget it. You should know me better than that by now. I call it like I see it. Since that has brought me nothing but success in the Cooper case, I certainly am not going to change up that policy now. That would be foolish. 

You do understand that this policy will sometimes cause controversy, but that's the way it is.