47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Joachim77

Ok, then List is off the list! And for the "negotiable"-part, is that not concidered to lead anywhere? Or even being said at all? At Wikipedia it says this could maybe indicate a non US citizen.

Making progress -

Only 156,374 to go! (and someone here is an instant expert on
them all!)

B|

Negotiable American Currency
~ Nonnegotiable American Currency
~ ?

Negotiable Currency
~ nonnegotiable currency
~ ?

No coins or gold bars
~ no pork rind or elephant tusk futures
~ ?

"I need a really big brick of cash that's unmanageable and hard
to haul around, to use to deflect bullets, and possibly land on
- a big cushion that has flotation! I have a mule on the ground
and rail lines with trains, and a boat, and a car with a trunk
waiting, 40 miles away... I used to do the Olympic Marathon in
slip-on loafers and a business suit... and belong to the Mickey
Mouse Club!"

Quote/Tina: "The money isn't important" and "I have a grudge"

Unquote/Tina: "I am a real Comedian and a little sadistic, with
a grudge! They will remember me! Nobody has done this before!"

B|

Quote/Tina: "The money isn't important"
"I have a grudge"

B|

Georger are you on drugs or are you always an ass? Answering a question like that is NON productive!

NOW ;)don't be offended because when I post after taking certain medication - I am often questioned about my intentions or state of mind.

What I presented on the $20 is just "plane" common sense for 1971.
Today - $100 bills do not mean a thing and does NOT send out an alarm.

At auction time and race time in KY it would not be unusual to see multi individuals throwing around $100 bills.
Think 1971 - how much did you spend on Christmas gifts? How much did a Best Seller cost? How much was your electic bill? How much did a nice dinner for 2 at Shoney's or another popular middle class chain cost?

You GUYS forget what 1971 was like and the reactions a $100 got from the clerks. Raised eyebrows in a convenience store. A high end department store such as Macy's would not give it a second glance. This is all Cooper meant by negotiable and that is just my laymans opinion.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

Quote/Tina: "The money isn't important"
"I have a grudge"

B|

Georger are you on drugs or are you always an ass? Answering a question like that is NON productive!

NOW ;)don't be offended because when I post after taking certain medication - I am often questioned about my intentions or state of mind.

What I presented on the $20 is just "plane" common sense for 1971.
Today - $100 bills do not mean a thing and does NOT send out an alarm.

At auction time and race time in KY it would not be unusual to see multi individuals throwing around $100 bills.
Think 1971 - how much did you spend on Christmas gifts? How much did a Best Seller cost? How much was your electic bill? How much did a nice dinner for 2 at Shoney's or another popular middle class chain cost?

You GUYS forget what 1971 was like and the reactions a $100 got from the clerks. Raised eyebrows in a convenience store. A high end department store such as Macy's would not give it a second glance. This is all Cooper meant by negotiable and that is just my laymans opinion.

Am I on drugs?
Am I an ass?
Am, I always an ASS ?

Hmm. At least you didnt call me a BABOON! After taking
medication?

What does this DB Coopper thread have to do with YOUR
"medications" ? Are we your pu8nching bags, physicians, or
something?

"A high end department store such as Macy's would not give it a second glance." ????

Have you been to a high end department store such as Macy's
to see if they gave "it" a second glance?

My opinion is: A Baboon would get a second glance at Macy's.

Will call you me an ASSSHOLE! next? Because I'm not on
medication? Do you bully people not on medications?

Who in hell are you! To be bullying anybody, Mrs. Pretend
Cooper!? And stop with the hang up calls to one of our phone
lines! Jo you are out of control - again!

:D

Thanks for explanation on "negotiable". From and investigation point of vue I guess 200.000 in coins would be preferred. Loose some on the ground - they will eventually be found. Loose some on your escape-route, just follow the trace and make the arrest. But the jump would probably be.. more complicated?:)
I think about the Cooper case a lot. So just to get some peace of mind I think I will convince myself: It was Kenny. Or Weber. Or Gosset. Maybe McCoy,Dayton or Norton. Or the best: Someone still alive. That came forward and said "It was me. Look, I have some of the money right here". "Just sit down and I will tell you all abot the day".

But just as in the (norwegian) song "what does the fox say...will we ever know"?

Is there any ongoing investigation? Any lead that is followed or checked out? Or a complete stand-still?

:)Good to see the sweet Baboon back - but I think that one is a chimpanzee! HEE HEE HEE !

Many times I am postings & it will be 3 AM /4 AM my time & I have taken my medication. At least I am not behind the wheel of a CAR. I can't seem to discipline myself to come back the next day and answer the postings during the day when someone is throwing some crap on the wall...regarding me.

I won't be pulled into your name calling, BUT Yes sometimes you can be exactly what you just stated.

I try to be cordial even when I am upset. Did not like the co-ersion that came from the West Coast at 3 AM and later my time. TWISTED postings designed to coerce and abuse another poster. Misinformation put amongst real information - like an interogator in a military prison during war time.

The direction & line of the postings at times was not appropriate, but demeaning & co-ersive. I said NOTHING, but obviously others decided to intervene by calling it to the attention of the moderator. The thread was out of hand.

If you had been on the receiving end or it was your sister or wife on the receiving end - you would have been all over them like a banty rooster!

Yes, I was taking pain meds for the pain at one time, but not recently.. If you want to post after 3 AM Central time - you can talk to yourself! Me, I am going to bed.

:)Hmm. At least you didnt call me a BABOON!

I only took a sleeping pill and these guys are at it till 3:AM Central time.

If the discussion gets heated I feel obligated to defend myself.

YES, my dear I have shopped in Macys - but, now I hate to shop...just do mail order on shirts and tops. Pants mail order does not work - built like a damn Giraffe...will try on 15 pairs of pants and not find one pair that fits me properly.

Georger stated:

My opinion is: A Baboon would get a second glance at Macy's.

:) I expect he would espeically if he had a bag full of 100's!:)

Georger stated:
Who in hell are you! To be bullying anybody, Mrs. Pretend
Cooper!? And stop with the hang up calls to one of our phone

:o:oGeorger I have not called anyone and I do not hang up on someone. If you are getting calls - Sweety - it is NOT me. I have a land line and I do have a cell only for emergencies.

LET me assure you - if I call someone - I will leave a message. I never call and hang up - if I do it is because I called the wrong number. I don't have your number do I?????

Remember!!!!!!
Your phone number got posted during the Grey Cop disruption - one of the postings came down, but the another posting with your number was still up the next day. It is NOT me calling you, but U seem to be an interesting OLD banty rooster.

georger

And stop with the hang up calls to one of our phone

NOT Jo calling U! Better check your caller ID! I know there was a supposed number for you on the cell I had - but, that was a few yrs ago.

Besides that cell is used only when I travel or go to the hospital. It is always in my purse, but turned off.
ME THINKS you better look elsewhere to find your caller! Like that crazy Grey Cop or others who might have your phone number - NOT Jo. Last time I use the cell was 3 wks ago when I called my daughter to ask her a question.

If U think I am your CALLER U are dreaming or perhaps having a nightmare!

RobertMBlevins

EDIT: After some thought...well, yes...I WOULD like to know why Margaret Ann Geestman cashed out her ranch in Twisp for nearly a half-million to the state and then bailed town. But not before instructing her attorney and a bank officer to NOT reveal where she was going.

I've had a few people say, 'well, Blevins...it was probably because of you.'

Not a chance. Margie and I got on fine. I even cleaned her house professionally on one interview/visit, and I always brought snacks for her dog. I told her at the last interview I wouldn't be returning again, and she didn't have a phone anyway. Whatever motivated her to do that, it was not yours truly.

It's possible people in Twisp started to question her, though. Very small town, population about 900 is all, and they read books and have History Channel, too. Many people in town knew of the Geestmans. I was going around and asking about them, especially before the first two interviews I did with her. And I was pretty free on why I was doing that. (Because they were being investigated for the Cooper case)

Her ranch, apparently, is being converted to a park. I think they should name it Cooper Park. LOL...just kidding.

Maybe, just maybe....it had absolutely nothing to do with Blevins or Kenny or Geestman.
Maybe she had the property on the market because she had not ranched the land in years, she was getting up in years and it was getting to be too much to maintain. Now she's got a pretty good offer from a buyer who is going to preserve the area and she takes it.

Nah........that's too falippin logical.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Georger & Jo,

We, as a group, have talked about behavior a LOT (for more than I'd like to) in the last week or so. You should both know better.

Enjoy a couple of weeks away from the group.

Stop attacking each other.

Talk about the SUBJECT of DB Cooper.
Discuss the theories you may have.

STOP attacking each other.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

RobertMBlevins

EDIT: After some thought...well, yes...I WOULD like to know why Margaret Ann Geestman cashed out her ranch in Twisp for nearly a half-million to the state and then bailed town. But not before instructing her attorney and a bank officer to NOT reveal where she was going.

I've had a few people say, 'well, Blevins...it was probably because of you.'

Not a chance. Margie and I got on fine. I even cleaned her house professionally on one interview/visit, and I always brought snacks for her dog. I told her at the last interview I wouldn't be returning again, and she didn't have a phone anyway. Whatever motivated her to do that, it was not yours truly.

It's possible people in Twisp started to question her, though. Very small town, population about 900 is all, and they read books and have History Channel, too. Many people in town knew of the Geestmans. I was going around and asking about them, especially before the first two interviews I did with her. And I was pretty free on why I was doing that. (Because they were being investigated for the Cooper case)

Her ranch, apparently, is being converted to a park. I think they should name it Cooper Park. LOL...just kidding.

Maybe, just maybe....it had absolutely nothing to do with Blevins or Kenny or Geestman.
Maybe she had the property on the market because she had not ranched the land in years, she was getting up in years and it was getting to be too much to maintain. Now she's got a pretty good offer from a buyer who is going to preserve the area and she takes it.

Nah........that's too falippin logical.

Margie had offers from the state before. She always said no, and was very adamant about it. Without speaking to her personally, I have no way to ascertain her motives for finally selling.

It just seems coincidental that she would set up the sale about a year after the Decoded show and the book emerged. What do you want from me? And if she had no ulterior motives, then why did she set it up with her lawyer and the bank officer to keep her present location a secret?

You have to remember that we're talking about a woman who was lifelong friends with Kenny Christiansen, and spent a half-dozen interviews over a period of about eight months pointing to her own husband as an accomplice in the hijacking. I could not ignore this. Then on the last interview she admits Kenny was the one who went missing with her husband on Cooper Week. I have her on voice with this, along with extensive notes. What would YOU think?

Now, she cashes out for $491,000 and moves, leaving no forwarding address. That is a fact. Do you think she did this a year and a half after our last interview because of ME? Do you think she set all this up because of ME?

Ummm. No. I think I made this quite clear. I don't think it had anything to do with you or DB Cooper - period. jeez...You say you have no way to know her motives - then you proceed to invent scenarios out of whole cloth.

Though - I will say - for someone who didn't have anything to do with her leaving no forwarding address you are certainly defensive about the whole thing. Maybe she didn't want to have Bernie calling her wanting a piece of the pot. Maybe she doesn't want people to know where she is after she has just received a tidy sum of money.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to be bothered...so tell me again why are you asking the bank president and lawyer where she is? Take a hint and leave her alone.

Look, the documentation clearly says that the land was on the market and was not being ranched. Logic said she's not using the land, she gets a good offer, she sells it. She's in her 80s. This is a lady that once threatened to sue the town cause they fired her from her position of city clerk. She's probably not scared. She just doesn't want to be bothered. What is so mysterious about that?
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

RobertMBlevins

Smokin99 says in part:

'Ummm. No. I think I made this quite clear. I don't think it had anything to do with you or DB Cooper - period. jeez...You say you have no way to know her motives - then you proceed to invent scenarios out of whole cloth.

Though - I will say - for someone who didn't have anything to do with her leaving no forwarding address you are certainly defensive about the whole thing. Maybe she didn't want to have Bernie calling her wanting a piece of the pot. Maybe she doesn't want people to know where she is after she has just received a tidy sum of money.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to be bothered...so tell me again why are you asking the bank president and lawyer where she is? Take a hint and leave her alone.

Look, the documentation clearly says that the land was on the market and was not being ranched. Logic said she's not using the land, she gets a good offer, she sells it. She's in her 80s. This is a lady that once threatened to sue the town cause they fired her from her position of city clerk. She's probably not scared. She just doesn't want to be bothered. What is so mysterious about that?'

Well, first...I didn't try to find out where she was. I spoke to the bank officer on the phone and explained about her relationship with Christiansen, the interviews, the investigation, etc. He asked me to send him the book and the KC report, so I did. That was the extent of my contact with him. The lawyer got the same documents in an email. I just figured they should know.

Right ...and you're still looking her up on US Search because....???

As far as the rest, I'm glad you have all the answers. I certainly don't. :)

Lol. I just related what was on the document. And offered logical, Occam-like probabilities to counterweight your shadow theories.
But I'm glad you're finally starting to see reason. It's a good sign.

Joachim77

Thanks for explanation on "negotiable". From and investigation point of vue I guess 200.000 in coins would be preferred. Loose some on the ground - they will eventually be found. Loose some on your escape-route, just follow the trace and make the arrest. But the jump would probably be.. more complicated?:)
I think about the Cooper case a lot. So just to get some peace of mind I think I will convince myself: It was Kenny. Or Weber. Or Gosset. Maybe McCoy,Dayton or Norton. Or the best: Someone still alive. That came forward and said "It was me. Look, I have some of the money right here". "Just sit down and I will tell you all abot the day".

But just as in the (norwegian) song "what does the fox say...will we ever know"?

Is there any ongoing investigation? Any lead that is followed or checked out? Or a complete stand-still?

No one really knows. I'm thinking at this stage, to get the FBI's attention now would take a lot more than anyone has produced so far. Like that twenty you mentioned.

As for the negotiable American currency, no one really knows how much weight to place on those words. There has been and continues to be speculation about certain foreign candidates such as you mentioned but so far it has been difficult to pin down opportunity and placement..... and then there's the language/accent thing.

propblast

How much did the Money weigh?

I'll have to check but I think it was 22 lbs. They put total weight with everything at approx 230.

eTA: The 22 was just the money. Doesn't include bag and cords - Ckret put the total money load at 25 lbs.

RobertMBlevins

******Smokin99 says in part:

'Ummm. No. I think I made this quite clear. I don't think it had anything to do with you or DB Cooper - period. jeez...You say you have no way to know her motives - then you proceed to invent scenarios out of whole cloth.

Look, the documentation clearly says that the land was on the market and was not being ranched. Logic said she's not using the land, she gets a good offer, she sells it. She's in her 80s. This is a lady that once threatened to sue the town cause they fired her from her position of city clerk. She's probably not scared. She just doesn't want to be bothered. What is so mysterious about that?'

Well, first...I didn't try to find out where she was. I spoke to the bank officer on the phone and explained about her relationship with Christiansen, the interviews, the investigation, etc. He asked me to send him the book and the KC report, so I did. That was the extent of my contact with him. The lawyer got the same documents in an email. I just figured they should know.

Right ...and you're still looking her up on US Search because....???

As far as the rest, I'm glad you have all the answers. I certainly don't. :)

Lol. I just related what was on the document. And offered logical, Occam-like probabilities to counterweight your shadow theories.
But I'm glad you're finally starting to see reason. It's a good sign.

Please don't patronize me. THIS is what I believe is the reason the ranch was sold. But it's strictly an opinion based on multiple interviews and what facts I was able to discover with Skipp Porteous, and to an extent, Geoff Gray. I've been looking up Margie on US Search lately because considering what is being said, maybe just ONE more interview is in order.

lol...Right. And she left no forwarding address. As I said, that might be a hint.

Robert. I am not patronizing you. As you pointed out to someone else in an earlier post. Lighten up.
YOU said, in a rather patronizing way I might add, that you were glad I had all the answers. I responded that I was glad you finally saw reason. And that is a good sign. ;) End of story.

I know you guys want every action to be directly related to Cooper, but sometimes it just is what it is. There is nothing in the Geestman sale of property that points to ulterior (your word, not mine) motives. If there were, she would probably not have waited a year to leave. My opinion, based on reading the documents related to the sale - and logic.

At any rate, since no one wanted to tell you where she went, the conclusion might be that she doesn't want to be contacted. But that's just a guess. Carry on.

Something happened to me last Friday that I thought I would share. it's kind of like what goes on here with some of the Cooper candidates who can't speak for themselves.

I just found out through a letter in the mail from my Insurance company that I'm being sued for an accident I was never in. I found out later that it was a hit and run. this allegedly happened Oct. 30, 2013. the driver got a partial tag and the police linked it to my truck. the driver then ID'd my DL photo which nobody was aware of being 17 years old. it took me almost a week to get the police on the phone after leaving the officer in charge multiple messages. he told me it has already been submitted to the States Attorney's office and appears they are going to charge me.

Now, I don't like to air dirty laundry, but this clearly shows what can happen when things are only heard on one side. I am also being sued in civil court for this incident. everyone seems to have knowledge of this except me. the police showed probable cause which I understand, but now the State is moving forward without anything said by me.

You can trust me on this when people make claims that appear true are certainly not always the case. Now, after speaking with the police he understood the problems and wants me to give a statement. oh, the driver claimed the truck was a Dodge 1500. I drive a Dodge Dakota, a much smaller truck. as mentioned before, you can clearly see what can happen when you only hear from one side! some of you clearly don't understand the simple fact that somethings can be proven once the other side speaks. it's real easy to assume someone into a crime. this is considered a crime since leaving the scene is a criminal offense, plus he is also stating "neck injuries". his claim is I hit him from behind. he got out and asked me to pull over. then claimed I took off. my company name and number is clearly seen on my tailgate. no mention of a commercial vehicle on the report.

some of you really need to take a step back and think about what you are accusing someone of simply based on hearsay. based on what is going on with me, it does seem easy to accuse someone of something prior to there statement. that's the scary part.

Robert Blevins, please don't try and give me any advice on my personal matters. you don't know the whole story.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Good luck with that...I had about the same thing happen 10 years back. Right down to the ancient DL photo used for an ID. Fortunately I was out of the country and had undeniable evidence of it. Hard to understand how things can go so far forward with no input from the accused.

~ ~ Regarding the rest of the post - I was kind of thinking the same thing too. When you see hoofprints and ONLY think Zebras...you may be hanging out at the zoo way too much. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I don't have time to spoon feed the meaning behind the post. since you can't make a connection I don't know what I can tell you. it wasn't directed directly at you....

Have a nice day....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

airtwardo

Good luck with that...I had about the same thing happen 10 years back. Right down to the ancient DL photo used for an ID. Fortunately I was out of the country and had undeniable evidence of it. Hard to understand how things can go so far forward with no input from the accused.

~ ~ Regarding the rest of the post - I was kind of thinking the same thing too. When you see hoofprints and ONLY think Zebras...you may be hanging out at the zoo way too much. ;)

Yep, you seem to understand the post. thank You....

Sorry to hear that shutter...a few years back I had a friend who was charged with murder in another state. A partial print run through the finger print data base singled him out...spent Christmas weekend in jail. He prevailed from an alibi.

Yep, got the Cooper connection in your post. It seems some of us tend to jump to conclusions in the Cooper case without due diligent research.

good luck

hangdiver

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

airtwardo

Let me add my two bits to what Shutter and Airtwardo have described although mine is almost laughable compared to theirs.

One day I received a notice in the mail that my car had been cited for illegal parking in a city about 200 miles from where I lived. The notice included the time, date, car manufacturer, and a license plate number.

Only the license plate number was correct. By a fluke of fate I had the oil in my car changed by the local dealer the very same day and 45 minutes after the time mentioned in the notice. And I had a time and date stamped receipt from the dealer.

So I replied to the notice and included a copy of the receipt from the dealer. I also pointed out that receipt meant my car was 200 miles from the "scene of the crime" less than 45 minutes later and that it was also not produced by the manufacturer they specified.

In due time, I received another notice telling me that the matter was dropped. But it cost me several hours of unnecessary work to clear up something that was probably caused by a simple misreading of a license plate number somewhere along the way.

Robert99

I have an update. due to the fact of me not taking this lying down I called the car lot where I first purchased the truck. it seems I did have a tag that was issued matching what the police have. the problem is that this was the 30 day paper tag issued when I left the car lot. they have the wrong truck in question, period. I bought the truck in 2009.

It always seem to look certain in many cases until you really look into the accusations. I looked pretty bad by not doing anything for 3 months. this was out of my hand because I didn't know what was going on. they seemed to have concluded everything without any statements from me. be very aware of what you think is the truth in the future. this is something I always try to live by. things may look nice and neat on the outside, but once you open it up, different things start to surface. things that will take the shadow away....

mrshutter45

I have an update. due to the fact of me not taking this lying down I called the car lot where I first purchased the truck. it seems I did have a tag that was issued matching what the police have. the problem is that this was the 30 day paper tag issued when I left the car lot. they have the wrong truck in question, period. I bought the truck in 2009.

It always seem to look certain in many cases until you really look into the accusations. I looked pretty bad by not doing anything for 3 months. this was out of my hand because I didn't know what was going on. they seemed to have concluded everything without any statements from me. be very aware of what you think is the truth in the future. this is something I always try to live by. things may look nice and neat on the outside, but once you open it up, different things start to surface. things that will take the shadow away....

Maybe the police could learn to do a DMV license plate search before they file the charges.

Robert99

~ Mine had gone to court, I was found guilty by default for not being there...local cop buddy stopped by the house letting me know a warrant had been issued!

A Civil case was in the preliminary stages before I got it all straightened out. . . I had quite a 'discussion' with the assistant state attorney that ramrodded it.

Even my insurance co. 'almost' screwed the pooch on it. Took me lots of time & effort to un-do what all had been done...all because jumping to conclusions is easier than doing your job I guess. :S>:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~