47 47
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

Shutter says in part:

'not a problem Mark. this is how it's done my friend. Marla claims they never went back into the woods to get the money. she also claimed he landed on Farmland. the farmer never found it? she said "he jumped over farmland and had planned his jump to put himself inside of a six mile area which was only seven miles from the home of L.D. Cooper." sounds like a place the money would have been found rather quickly if you ask me? I would take a guess that she read up on McCoy after making that statement.

if you listen to her in her interviews when she claims things about her memories they sound more like an adult talking rather than someone 8 years old. things she really shouldn't know at that age....'

Like the NFL announcer says these days: 'Come ON, Man!'

Has anyone around this town even RESEARCHED out what Marla has actually said? Am I the only one here that did that? Georger hasn't a clue what he's talking about when he speaks about how I checked Marla's story.

For one thing, she's changed it a few times, remember? Like when she shifted the dropzone from Sisters up to the Tena Bar area when someone reminded her about the money...:S

Like when she changed the car the men used from an MG to a truck when reminded there is often snow on Washington State Forest Service roads in November...:S

Like when reminded that the Dan Cooper comics were mostly available in Belgium, France, and limited areas of Eastern Canada...she suggested LD drove his MG up to Canada to buy them. :S

Shall I go on? There are many facets to this tale and I kept good notes. I also downloaded every single video and news article she did with the media and examined them all. She shifted her story to fit the known details of the crime when either REMINDED of those details, or when it suited her. Marla's only goal from the start was not the truth, but a book contract from a major publisher. The truth was always secondary.

Face it, if you bought into the Marla Fable, you have the consolation of knowing that the Seattle FBI did the same thing. So this could mean you are no dumber than they are. And I didn't just blow Marla's story off the minute I heard it, either. She could have been onto something, how would I know? But her story just doesn't wash, and nobody that was there will support it. Not mother, not sister, nor brother. NONE of them. Figure it out, super-sleuths. Her brother even made a smart-ass comment about it on Marla's own Facebook page. And why doesn't her mother volunteer anything? Mother was there for Thanksgiving. Mother would have seen the comics pinned to LD's temporary bedroom wall. Nothing. Mother said once: 'Oh, I thought years later LD might be Cooper...' That's it. My answer: For what reason? Did you see something that weekend? Do you know something? But like Sgt. Schultz in Hogan's Heroes...she knows nothing.

And ask yourself why Marla's dad would keep a secret like that from his own wife for all those years? Answer: He wouldn't have. Why doesn't MOTHER remember LD and Dewey coming back to the house with LD injured, blood all over his shirt. How come SHE didn't see those comics on LD's wall? Or anyone else?

And who told you that LD and Dewey didn't stay for dinner? Marla's previous story was that LD returned on Thanksgiving morning...and left the NEXT DAY. That means he was there for dinner. I have made the analogy like this: How come no one noticed he was bleeding all over his turkey and gravy that evening?

Geez, Louise....and people come down on me and call ME a liar. What a joke. Maybe I should attach her Facebook posts again, or link the ten question interview I did with her. One thing I did find consistent in Marla was in the articles that appeared in the media. They were consistently different in each version of the story.

Update: At the last Ariel celebration, some members of Oregon Kick Ass History were in attendance, including their head honcho Doug Kenck-Crispin. Crispin says they invited Marla to speak because she is a good draw, but that no one with that organization believes her story. He added that Marla has backed away from some of her previous claims.

What does this tell you? It tells me she just wasn't being truthful, or she wouldn't have felt obligated to back away.

Why do "long ears" call "short ears" foreigners and liars on this
forum?

Next thing you know an extraterrestrial with no ears at all,
will come along ... with Cooper frozen in his cargo vessel currently orbiting Uranus!

Play it again Sam.

"How do you think reporters get to the bottom of stories"

these people all believe Kenny was Cooper right? why are they not coming forward? Lyle did, but even you don't believe anything he says. where do we believe truth from fiction by these peoples statements? because several say the same thing? they hold the key to one of the biggest mysteries, and yet they only tell you, a reporter?

depends on the reporter, most don't get to the bottom of things. they smear it. starting with Coopers name! who fouled that up? a reporter. you are a reporter. Kenny paid cash for his house? $15,000----$16,500----Komo news reporters $14,000 Kenny paid $300,000 for his stamp/coin collection. oops, $30,000. any real proof of that? where did Kenny buy the expensive clock. reporters get to the bottom of things. got a receipt? a dollar amount, or where it was purchased?

Yeah, I was joking........
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

MarkBennett

Bruce,
Contacting Marla's family is a bit creepy, especially if the only motivation is to discredit her. I think Marla's story was not handled well on this forum.

...Finally, as she compiled her memories and talked to an Oklahoma police officer, she was able to get the attention of the FBI.

That raised L.D. Cooper to the status of "possible suspect". That put him in a category with 1000 other people (I would say men, but Barb Dayton counts, too).

The FBI investigated, located and talked to witnesses. It was then L.D. Cooper was designated a "promising lead".

Marla's information got LD's foot in the door. It's the information the FBI found that makes him a good or bad suspect.

What did the FBI find? Who knows? They won't say. Marla would know the line of questioning she was asked and we might be able to piece some of it together from that. But, she's said very little beyond a few interviews nor has she published anything.

...Why does nobody in Marla's family corroborate her story? Well, none of them will dispute it either. As I understand it, only Marla and her father were outside when her uncles arrived. And, they didn't stay for Thanksgiving. Plus, some of her siblings were even younger than Marla was.

Marla's is a great story -- just like most of the suspects are. We know little of the details, so we can't say L.D. is the likely suspect. But, the FBI had reason to not disqualify him and had a lot more information than any of us did. I'd like to try and find out what that is.

In reply:

1. Creepy or not, Marla placed her family into her claims, and as such they are fair game for inquiry, corroboration and review. In addition, if Marla is correct and her uncle LD was DB Cooper, then her family may be accomplices in the skyjacking, either by helping in the planning, the getaway, and the subsequent cover-up.

For journalists to not explore those possibilities would be irresponsible.

Remember, my job is not to make friends, but rather to tell stories as truthfully as I can, with a modicum of sensitivity and grace.

Thus, it is not surprising that three indivudals who have posted here have threatened to sue me, and an additional individual has threatened to sue me if I didn't write what I knew about Marla.

2. Mark, you make some factual assertions about what the FBI did and when, but my information is different. Here it is:

In general, Marla's value to me is not necessarily what she says about LD, but rather what she can tell us about the FBI, thus uncovering what the FBI did with her information and when they took action. The FBI is the real prize here, not Marla's family.

Arden Dorney told me that he learned of Marla's story in 2009. He then commenced his investigation. Apparently by 2010 he had sent his initial dossier on LD to Curtis Eng, when it languished for months, perhaps close to a year. Arden was not speciifc.

Not hearing a word from the Seattle FO, Dorney contacted his FBI buddy from Oklahoma, who is still unknown to me, and according to Marla, she doesn't know his identity, either, which is the norm for Marla.

As I understand from Arden, even with his FBI associate, nothing moved in Seattle. The two LE buddies then threatened Curtis that they were going to CNN with the story of his inaction. Then, Eng got his ass in gear, according to Dorney.

Exactly what the FBI did is not clear, but they were rolling by May, 2011 at least, when Marla says they gave her a lie-detector test and interviewed her for five hours.

By June, 2011, the FBI had made the determination that LD Cooper was the "most promising" suspect, and Ayn Dietrich, the PIO in the Seattle FO, gave that information to Alex Hannaford in his interview with her on DB Cooper.

Hannaford's story broke in London on July 30, 2011, I believe, and the Seattle press picked it up immediately, and it went world-wide within a day or two.

After the big splash, the FBI again shocked us by revealing that they didn't have any hard evidence on LD, and seemingly did not have any DNA samples or fingerprints to compare.

That issue is now in some dispute, as Marla and others have said in late 2011 that the FBI had LD's fingerpints in the spring of 2011 or earlier.

As we all know, Geoff's book came out a few days after the "most promising" kafuffle and we had the trifecta of front-page coverage: Geoffrey, Twisty Butt, and the Bureau.

Lastly, I am convinced that Marla is smart enough to know that she needs to keep her eyes and ears open now that Coss is dead. I'm sure she appreciates the reality that anyone who gets into bed with the Bureau and plays dirty can end up looking at a lot of Blue Skies.

RobertMBlevins

******Well, I did check out LD's background, but only minimally, and mostly through news articles and what was available online. A surveyor, moved around, no major criminal record, whatever. I'm more into going after what people say, what they go on the record with. And then checking those statements.

I've probably read All The President's Men too many times...

that's another problem you have. you rely too much on what someone tells you. LD was a surveyor, but after the crime. his movements were documented. something someone wouldn't do while in hiding from the FBI. researching his background proved this. researching where he was after told even more.

perhaps the next time you "go on record" with them. tell them you will be sending the tapes to the FBI. you will see smoke rising from the floor after a loud noise of the door slamming shut B|

Yeah, well that would be from the Dumb School of Interviewing, wouldn't it? 'Rely too much on what people tell you?' You're kidding, right? How do you think reporters get to the bottom of stories? They don't do it by sitting on their asses and using their credit cards to do US Search. That's only a PART of it, and the easy part.

The hard part is going out into the real world and hitting the bricks with people. The best way to get results from interviews is to be polite and come prepared. You talk to them, you record, you take notes. You LISTEN.

Then get a second source on everything they say.

The hardest interview I ever did had nothing to do with Cooper. It was with Gary Derks, the search director representing the State of Nevada when they were looking for Steve Fossett. Derks was SO sure they would find Fossett at Silver Peaks when I interviewed him. When they finally discovered the wreck near Mammoth Lake, California, I felt bad for him. What the heck. I had held out hope they might find Fossett alive, too. I was heavily involved in that incident and participated in the Amazon Mechanical Turk app where they used online volunteers to foot-by-foot search Google Earth maps. I searched areas until my eyes went blurry, but like everyone else I never found a thing. Turns out Fossett hit the mountain at full speed and the wreckage was spread out for maybe a hundred meters. Probably a downdraft, they said.

To Paul: No, I'm not calling you. And you shouldn't post up your phone number on a public forum. My email is adventurebooksofseattle AT G frickin' mail dot com. It's in my DZ profile.

Woahhh! No wonder you changed your first version facts of the
Kenny-Geestman rendevois at Paradise Point!

Park Ranger sayz: (quote): (really); (trust me!):

"Yes.... I worked at Paradise Point Park during the time this
Blevins is talking about. It was different than he describes.
For one thing in 1971, PPP was too small to fit an Airstream into,
and there was no camping in the park after 11:00pm. These
guys would have had to park along the bushes near the
Interstate, as the gate would have already been up. We were a
little fussy about people pulling in there and folks who refused to
leave that area usually wound up dealing with a deputy, quick.
That would have brought questions as for example: "Why are
you here? What are your names? ID and driver license please."
And the like. That old Airstream very likely would have been
inspected. That would have brought more questions. Any funny
noises and ... you get my drift. Two older guys in a trailer? We
kept a close eye and talked to everyone camping at PPP. So it's
not the easy solution Blevins said it was......very likely these
guys would have wound up taking to a Deputy" But, no way did
they ever park inside our park with that thing Blevins says.

NO WONDER BLEVINS CHANGED HIS STORY!

But one minute please! Didn't Blevins borrow this "theory" from
Porteous? So, like most other factoids Blevins hands out not
only wasn't it unproven ... but borrowed!?

Blevins then changed it to some tool shed/building somewhere
else, which we can conjecture is just one more fabrication -
why? Blevins doesn't care. Blevins is just here to smarm the
Cooper case to death.

:D:D:D

In 1971 a man by the name of XX contacted an old friend needing some assistance. Supposedly he old friend he confided in arranged a contact with an attorney by the name James Luezke in Portland. The attorney petitioned the State of WA in an attempt to have XX receive amnesty if he told what he knew about D.B.Cooper. (bear in mind I am only glossing over things - no names or details)....other than the attorney who is deceased (hoping some one knows how to obtain any files that may remain).

The state refused amnesty or immunity (whatever it was called) because they said the case had been turned over to DC and he would have to go in that direction (this was around 1991 after the man made an attempt to contact me).

In 2004 approximately the man died.

His own family per rumor thought he had something to do with the case and/or suspected he had something to do with the incident. I am not aware if XX ever told his family exactly what was going on - but, there are hints the family suspected something.

That attorney is retired and I believe deceased, but his records maybe in the files and hopefully never destroyed...but 2001 - that was 12 yrs ago. He did have a partner, but like Tosaw may have retained his own personal file for the family to dispose of.

If any of you are interested in trying to pursue this - please let me know. Evidently the FBI doesn't give a damn about the case.

377 - you are an attorney - do you know what would have happened to his files - I am sure the clients name was never revealed in the files or to anyone else other than the old friend.

This old friend tried to tell me yrs ago and his last attempt got thur but it took 2 yrs before this DUMB BUNNY understood what he was trying to tell me. I will share what information I have with an attorney of the FBI, but the FBI has been told this story and they have IGNORED me.

When I discovered this was the same guy who tried to contact me thru a journalist and found out he died in 2004 and then with the recent information surfacing - realized I had walked right over the most important lead I ever had and then the FBI also walked over it. Perhaps in 2001 the man knew he was ill - I do not know the circumstances of his death in approx 2004.

I told Himmelsbach about this and he knew about it at the time if I was properly informed...I would not swear to this. Some of the things I have known over the yrs are getting a little fuzzy - especially something like this that I only glossed over at the time and basically ignored.

As for the notes these are things I wrote down that day - but do not remember or been able to find anymore. Beasley, Nathan, Jesse Watts (have NO idea who that is), Frank with a slash Schoals. The next words are Riggers Shield or Field.

377 - remember we thought it was a device - but it is a place! I have not been able to put anything similar to a place or airfield or otherwise.

All of the other terminology has been discussed and clarified, other than smoker butte and santa lana. Since I could not tell the F's sounds from the S sounds - anyone's guess is better than mine if they know the WA/OR area inside and out. Names of place sometimes are changed. I found no sound alikes on any map I have.

Sandy Oregon - I know the significance of it (if it is in OR) as Duane had told me 3 men had a cabin on the river in that direction at one time. He also indicated he personally knew an individual who has not been able to ID any pics of Weber he has received.

Weber did describe the person and the location in detail, but we cannot place Weber or any of his AKA's at that location.

Why I am DRIVING this into the GROUND? Duane Weber told me himself he knew the man - but I could only remember sound alike names. Now I know I was pretty damn close. I have known this for 2 yrs and can get NO assistance from anyone, much less the FBI. They do NOT take phone calls nor do they acknowledge emails - I believe everything Jo Weber sends goes to a dead file to be shredded and destroyed just as the Cooper files that would reveal who Cooper was are also destroyed.

The only discussions I had with the FBI in several yrs happened in the 1st 6 months of this yr 2013. I get a recorder, but no response.

I have been informed the Museum has only ONE photo of Weber and that is the one the brother sent to me that is distorted and looks nothing like Weber ever looked....

They are using NO other photos of Weber when it is Weber's history in WA that needs to be exposed.

What are they afraid of? That someone might remember THAT BOY from 1949 or 1950 or 1963 or at any other time. Since the museum is getting exposure one can BE SURE the GOVERNMENT wants NO photos of Duane Weber exposed that might cause someone curious enough to identify him.

The picture being used was scanned by the brother and it is distorted. THE photo of CHOICE for the FBI - it suits their PURPOSE and / or the purpose of the dirty secrets our government keeps.

I NO LONGER respect our government and the dirty politics.

The musuem person listed on their site NEVER heard of Weber and told me to contact the FBI. THIS was expected.

All I wanted to do was make sure they had the RIGHT photos - I was presenting nothing other than to offer photos.

Snowden is doing well in Russia and IF I could go I would leave also. A former CIA, FBI, Justice Department & NSA presented Snowden with an award that is given annually by retired CIA Officers.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

?Woahhh! No wonder you changed your first version facts of the

guys would have wound up taking to a Deputy"

NO WONDER BLEVINS CHANGED HIS STORY!"

that doesn't sound like a RV campsite. we traveled every year with our camper. pulled into any RV campsite at anytime. nothing like trying to commit a Federal crime in a giant glossy silver bullet B| nice article B|

it's interesting they all collect around the supposed jump zone. sure would be funny if the briefcase showed up miles away from where they all try to prove there stories. (*scratching head*) B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

Georger says in part:

'Woahhh! No wonder you changed your first version facts of the

NO WONDER BLEVINS CHANGED HIS STORY!...'

LOL. Get real. Paradise Point as the meeting place was just a guess by Porteous and yours truly early on. We found out later that Geestman bought property and a shop down in Oakville, WA...and that the trailer he had purchased prior to the hijacking was actually parked THERE. Some time after the hijacking, the Geestman's built a house there from plans, moved there from Bonney Lake, and then later ended up buying a ranch in Twisp. They lived there until they divorced in the 90's.

You already knew that, of course. I've mentioned it several times. :S

Exactly. Get real.

Write for camels and fish.

here is a question. what type of military units would teach paratroopers timing? most jumped from a static line correct. so, they wouldn't really have experience with timing if Cooper did land where he wanted? my guess would be that WW2 paratroopers wouldn't fit unless they were special forces?

perhaps we should be looking for the guy in the plane who yells out...go, go, go. he does the timing.

georger

*********Well, I did check out LD's background, but only minimally, and mostly through news articles and what was available online. A surveyor, moved around, no major criminal record, whatever. I'm more into going after what people say, what they go on the record with. And then checking those statements.

that's another problem you have. you rely too much on what someone tells you. LD was a surveyor, but after the crime. his movements were documented. something someone wouldn't do while in hiding from the FBI. researching his background proved this. researching where he was after told even more.

perhaps the next time you "go on record" with them. tell them you will be sending the tapes to the FBI. you will see smoke rising from the floor after a loud noise of the door slamming shut B|

Yeah, well that would be from the Dumb School of Interviewing, wouldn't it? 'Rely too much on what people tell you?' You're kidding, right? How do you think reporters get to the bottom of stories? They don't do it by sitting on their asses and using their credit cards to do US Search. That's only a PART of it, and the easy part.

The hard part is going out into the real world and hitting the bricks with people. The best way to get results from interviews is to be polite and come prepared. You talk to them, you record, you take notes. You LISTEN.

The hardest interview I ever did had nothing to do with Cooper. It was with Gary Derks, the search director representing the State of Nevada when they were looking for Steve Fossett. Derks was SO sure they would find Fossett at Silver Peaks when I interviewed him. When they finally discovered the wreck near Mammoth Lake, California, I felt bad for him. What the heck. I had held out hope they might find Fossett alive, too. I was heavily involved in that incident and participated in the Amazon Mechanical Turk app where they used online volunteers to foot-by-foot search Google Earth maps. I searched areas until my eyes went blurry, but like everyone else I never found a thing. Turns out Fossett hit the mountain at full speed and the wreckage was spread out for maybe a hundred meters. Probably a downdraft, they said.

To Paul: No, I'm not calling you. And you shouldn't post up your phone number on a public forum. My email is adventurebooksofseattle AT G frickin' mail dot com. It's in my DZ profile.

NO WONDER BLEVINS CHANGED HIS STORY! :D:D:D

I will be there at 9:00 o'clock tomorrow to ask the Ranger Its still the same.I will shoot video and post it maybe I will interview him about the history if hes willing but Cooper left in a boat to woodland airport then back home.It was fast

JT remembers me showing him the spot on the Lewis river were I claim the money was found before Mr B wrote his book. That day at Frenchmans bar not T bar.He claims to still have the map that I marked on the hood of his truck. So maybe he was first to know were I claim the money was found and he called first so in the end he did figure it out first.
If he agrees in the end.... but he's not right now.
He is willing to look at all of my stuff at one time and that I would shoot any video he wanted free of charge GC148
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

mrshutter45

here is a question. what type of military units would teach paratroopers timing? most jumped from a static line correct. so, they wouldn't really have experience with timing if Cooper did land where he wanted? my guess would be that WW2 paratroopers wouldn't fit unless they were special forces?

perhaps we should be looking for the guy in the plane who yells out...go, go, go. he does the timing.

I have argued for yrs that Duane was a Spotter and sharp shooter, but they guys are unrelenting. Spotters needed good eyesite - preferably those who were FARSIGHTED. Duane was also a sharp shoot,..both pistol and rifle. I was dissed on this - but it was a FACT! VERY often a good spotter who was farsighted - was chosen to do that - he saved live. The jumpers depending on his putting them down in the right place at the right time....and fast. Often the spotter did not have a chute if they were in short demand.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

******Georger says in part:

'Woahhh! No wonder you changed your first version facts of the

NO WONDER BLEVINS CHANGED HIS STORY!...'

LOL. Get real. Paradise Point as the meeting place was just a guess by Porteous and yours truly early on. We found out later that Geestman bought property and a shop down in Oakville, WA...and that the trailer he had purchased prior to the hijacking was actually parked THERE. Some time after the hijacking, the Geestman's built a house there from plans, moved there from Bonney Lake, and then later ended up buying a ranch in Twisp. They lived there until they divorced in the 90's.

You already knew that, of course. I've mentioned it several times. :S

Exactly. Get real.

Write for camels and fish.

How about naming the ranger you allegedly spoke to? Or would that be too much to ask? You like to quote people, but sometimes when you do, I check with the source and discover you aren't exactly being honest, at least according to the source. For example, you multiple-quoted Geoff Gray with stating I was 'untrustworthy' and 'unstable'. When I asked him about this, he denied saying it, which makes either HE or YOU a LIAR. Do you understand this concept?

I don't give a shit whether you talked with some ranger down in Battleground or Ridgefield or whatever about policies in that park back in 1971. I already know where the first stop was for Mr Geestman and Kenny Christiansen and it wasn't Paradise Point State Park. They went to the shop building and property that Geestman owned in Oakville. You have personal issues going and that is not my problem. One post after another, one shit insult after another. Blah, blah, blah.

I've turned everything over to NPR. Let them sort it out. Let them discover the truth. I swear it's like you sit at the keyboard and WAIT. I ignore most of your posts. Yet you keep leaping up with multiple posts saying "Look at me! Respond to THIS!" Mostly Alice-in-Wonderland insults. LOL. Raising your hand to the nun in class and waving it around. Really, it's pathetic.

Any credibility or objectivity you may have had in the case is LONG GONE. Gone with the wind, destroyed by your emotions and the responses that go with them. That is a personal problem and not my concern.

Your baiting is getting tired. Not only to me, but probably others on this thread. It's like you have Blevins Obsession Syndrome or something. Frankly, it's creepy.

Turned everything over to NPR ! Wow! Thanks for the donation.
I will send in a matching .20c.

How about a contribution to MAAD? Which you said was founded
in your town Auburn .... which IT weren't/aint.

You never issued a retraction.

Are you going apologise to NPR for flooding them with das spam
uber alles?

GreyCopGC148

************Well, I did check out LD's background, but only minimally, and mostly through news articles and what was available online. A surveyor, moved around, no major criminal record, whatever. I'm more into going after what people say, what they go on the record with. And then checking those statements.

NO WONDER BLEVINS CHANGED HIS STORY! :D:D:D

I will be there at 9:00 o'clock tomorrow to ask the Ranger Its still the same.I will shoot video and post it maybe I will interview him about the history if hes willing but Cooper left in a boat to woodland airport then back home.It was fast

JT remembers me showing him the spot on the Lewis river were I claim the money was found before Mr B wrote his book. That day at Frenchmans bar not T bar.He claims to still have the map that I marked on the hood of his truck. So maybe he was first to know were I claim the money was found and he called first so in the end he did figure it out first.
If he agrees in the end.... but he's not right now.
He is willing to look at all of my stuff at one time and that I would shoot any video he wanted free of charge GC148

I always said Cooper got away in a Russian submarine!

Is the boat currently docked in your shed?

Das Boot?

Hey! I know the other kids who found money on Frenchman's
Bar too! They took their money to Tina's Bar too, in a parallel
conspiracy. Blevins know all about it - he reads this thread.

"LOL. Get real. Paradise Point as the meeting place was just a guess by Porteous and yours truly early on."

have you read the book "History Decoded"

your guess seems to be a detailed scenario. I like the two miles from Tena Bar and Battleground comment.

"He probably drove Cooper down to the Portland International Airport. dropped him off to catch a flight to Seattle, and then drove himself back up to Paradise Point State Park. It's right next to the freeway in Battleground, less than two miles from where they found the money in 1980." Blevins insisted.

also, at one point you claim Bernie got a station wagon and airstream trailer from a bank auction. 2010 you have a different version.

"We know Christiansen, a man named 'Dick B' (last name withheld for now because his wife is still alive) and 'Mike Watson' (alleged man on the ground) took Mike's Airstream trailer and station wagon from Oakville, WA two days before the crime."

more reporters getting to the bottom of things?

added: seems to be more of Skipps idea?

"The Paradise Point location was actually Skipp's idea. He based it on the fact that Mike Watson disappeared over the weekend of the hijacking with a big Airstream trailer, and that it was right off the freeway and on the banks of a major river leading out of the jump zone. I think it's also near Tena Bar, but I will have to check on that."

skyjack71

Snowden is doing well in Russia and IF I could go I would leave also. A former CIA, FBI, Justice Department & NSA presented Snowden with an award that is given annually by retired CIA Officers.

Jo, IF you are serious about moving to Russia just follow the instructions below.

1. Contact the Russian Embassy in Washington, DC (the phone number is probably online), explain your reasons for wishing to move to Russia, and ask them to issue you a visa for that move.

2. Also, ask the Russians to pay for your one-way moving expenses. If they refuse, contact WikiLeaks and ask them to pay for your moving expenses in return for your giving them all the dirt you think you have on the FBI.

3. If WikiLeaks also refuses to pay for your moving expenses, come back to this thread and explain that you have a visa from the Russians and just need some money to get there. I am sure that there are a number of patriotic people on this thread who will gladly help finance your one-way move to Russia.

Time is of the essence, so hurry and get this move over with prior to the next government shutdown in early 2014.

Bon voyage.

Robert99

Robert99

Jo, IF you are serious about moving to Russia just follow the instructions below.

1. Contact the Russian Embassy in Washington, DC (the phone number is probably online), explain your reasons for wishing to move to Russia, and ask them to issue you a visa for that move.

2. Also, ask the Russians to pay for your one-way moving expenses. If they refuse, contact WikiLeaks and ask them to pay for your moving expenses in return for your giving them all the dirt you think you have on the FBI.

3. If WikiLeaks also refuses to pay for your moving expenses, come back to this thread and explain that you have a visa from the Russians and just need some money to get there. I am sure that there are a number of patriotic people on this thread who will gladly help finance your one-way move to Russia.

Time is of the essence, so hurry and get this move over with prior to the next government shutdown in early 2014.

Bon voyage.
Robert99

+1 :D

RobertMBlevins

***"LOL. Get real. Paradise Point as the meeting place was just a guess by Porteous and yours truly early on."

have you read the book "History Decoded"

your guess seems to be a detailed scenario. I like the two miles from Tena Bar and Battleground comment.

"He probably drove Cooper down to the Portland International Airport. dropped him off to catch a flight to Seattle, and then drove himself back up to Paradise Point State Park. It's right next to the freeway in Battleground, less than two miles from where they found the money in 1980." Blevins insisted.

also, at one point you claim Bernie got a station wagon and airstream trailer from a bank auction. 2010 you have a different version.

"We know Christiansen, a man named 'Dick B' (last name withheld for now because his wife is still alive) and 'Mike Watson' (alleged man on the ground) took Mike's Airstream trailer and station wagon from Oakville, WA two days before the crime."

more reporters getting to the bottom of things?

added: seems to be more of Skipps idea?

"The Paradise Point location was actually Skipp's idea. He based it on the fact that Mike Watson disappeared over the weekend of the hijacking with a big Airstream trailer, and that it was right off the freeway and on the banks of a major river leading out of the jump zone. I think it's also near Tena Bar, but I will have to check on that."

Robert says: I'm going to try and answer your questions, because I think they aren't insults, but legit questions, and you deserve answers. It's tough to fill in all the blanks on what happened, but I will try.

First...no I haven't read History Decoded.

It was Skipp Porteous who theorized that perhaps Geestman ('Mike Watson' in the book) and Christiansen drove from Bonney Lake to Portland, and then after KC was dropped off in Portland, that Geestman went back north to Paradise Point State Park and waited there for KC to show up. I don't know. Seemed reasonable at the time with the lack of any other information. I have some experience in that area, in fact, I once hiked out fifteen miles out of that area down to Woodland when my truck got stuck. It was January when that happened, and I made it out easily using trails along the river and Forest Service roads.

And in the early version of Blast, I said Paradise Point. I actually deleted that version of the book file, but I think that's in it. Checking today, it's also in the revised version. I suppose it should be changed.

Timing is everything. By the time I discovered that Geestman actually owned that property down in Oakville, the revised version was already in print, either that, or already uploaded for print. Or...I simply forgot to change that part when I added the sections about Helen Jones and working with History Channel. Probably that is more likely, because I didn't find out about the property until the very last interview with Mrs. Geestman when she showed me the document Bernie Geestman used to order his house plans for the property. So...yes...that is MY fault it was never changed. There's also the possibility that even though Geestman may have WENT to Oakville, that maybe Kenny got a phone call through to him at the shop property and then WENT to Paradise Point to meet Kenny there. I've always thought the men would have established a meeting point known to both of them, and this would NOT have been Oakville, or out in the middle of the woods either. Reason: Oakville is miles on the west side of the Interstate 5 freeway and it's unlikely Kenny could have made it that far on foot without being picked up. In the woods? Impossible. How would you know where to go, where to wait? Just not likely at all.

This is the testimony from Mrs Geestman's last interview, and some from Helen Jones, Dawn Andrusko:

1) Bernie purchased a station wagon from a used car lot in Elma, WA about six weeks before the hijacking. At the same time, he was put onto a bank sale repo of an Airstream trailer formerly owned by a friend of his named Dick Blume. So, Bernie bought that too. He used the wagon to bring the trailer to the shop and property in Oakville. Shop builiding, no house as yet. We don't know if there was a phone installed there or not.

2) Mrs Geestman says that her husband then left the trailer there and drove the wagon back to Bonney Lake. When she expressed her concerns about possible break-in on the trailer, he told her not to worry about it. This was approximately six weeks prior to the hijacking.

3) On the Monday or Tuesday (she's not sure) before the hijacking, that Mr Geestman suddenly announced he was going camping in the Airstream over Thanksgiving. Mrs. Geestman was highly pissed off about this, but Geestman took the wagon and left. Didn't say where he was going, who he would be with, etc. Mrs Geestman attended Thanksgiving dinner that week at the Jones' place anyway. Mrs Jones and her daughter testified in their interviews that Mrs Geestman definitely made her unhappiness about this whole thing known to them. She was pissed off royally about it. They all heard about the hijacking on the radio (Jones said they had no TV at the house at the time) but did NOT associate any of that with Geestman or the trailer.

4) Mr Geestman returns with the trailer and wagon the following Monday, parks them at the house in Bonney Lake. Everyone knows now he made it at least to Oakville, because he has the trailer. Won't say where he was for those days, whom he was with, or anything.

5) January 1972: Mrs Jones runs into Kenny Christiansen at the Sumner Laundromat. She asks him if he went back to Minnesota for Thanksgiving. Says no, admits he was with Geestman, but won't give any other details.

6) April 1972: Mr and Mrs Geestman have had house guests for a few months now, Mr Geestman's sister Dawn Andrusko and her kids. They had recently come out from Minnesota after Dawn divorced her husband there. She asks Bernie to approach Kenny Christiansen for a loan so she can buy her own place. Bernie ends up delivering the money, and his sister pays back the $5,000 over a two-year period, although KC had actually given her three years to pay.

7) November 1972: Jones testified that Kenny and the Geestmans' showed up for Thanksgiving. No mention is made of the men going missing the previous year. Jones noted in her interview that Kenny seemed to be doing better financially.

8) Christmas Eve, 1972: Jones family has a house fire and the house will have to be repaired. Geestman takes the Airstream and drops it off their house for them to stay in until repairs are complete. Afterward, he comes and gets it, and then sells it (according to Mrs Geestman) to a buyer from Arizona.

The majority of this story comes not from sales documents, but from the testimony of witnesses. Is it all true? Well, here is one key point on that: All four women (Dawn Andrusko, Helen Jones, Mrs Geestman, and Jones' daughter) gave the same basic story, the same basic details on everything, even though none of them had been in contact with each other for many years. (Exception: Jones and her daughter, of course)

These kinds of things are why I agreed to let another entity sort it all out without my interference. I just don't know if any answers will be found. It's hard to get around the idea of Mrs Geestman consistently pointing to her husband so many times that he was involved in the hijacking. She is sure on this, but at the same time I could tell she was afraid of the FBI, and that somehow she wanted to keep Kenny's name out of the whole thing. She had denied Kenny was involved for almost a year. But in the end, when she knew Decoded was filming the story, and she saw the book, she finally admits it was Kenny with her husband that week.

My view on this whole scenario hasn't changed. The FBI could easily get to the truth on Kenny by putting the women in one room, Geestman in the other, and start asking questions. They would find out the truth in minutes. That's all I know.

Geestman tried lying quite a few times, but the only place he REALLY screwed up was when he told Decoded that he thought Kenny could be the hijacker. And I think that if the FBI ever questions him, they should run that clip for him and ask why he would say that...when everyone else says he was WITH Kenny the week of the crime. I'd personally like to hear him answer that question.

Hmmm. So! It IT is personal with you? :D

Know wonder all the venom!

Geestman 70 - Blevins 0.

:o:D

In the past you claimed Mike Watson had the station wagon and airstream. you are constantly changing things with the story and your book. no I'm not trying to be insulting, but I see some problems here.

in the History Decoded book they quote YOU, and not Skipp for the comment adding "Blevins insisted" so, here we are once again questioning the validation a reporter gives. where does one find any truth in this?

I realize you are trying to get to the bottom of the real estate issues, but, I'll bet I could get those records and an answer within a week if I really wanted too. these are not deep dark secrets. today is my first day off in over 3 weeks, I don't have the time right now to get them.

seems to me that we have a poor guy (according to you) purchasing land in the early 60's. doesn't really match if you go by the standards of the lousy Northwest pay scale. where did he get the money for this transaction? you don't seem to find this relevant since it was 10 years prior. which falls in the area I said should be researched.

I mentioned this before as well. what was the value of the stamp/coin collection when he bought it? surely not the $30,000 you claim. we know where his money came from in the last couple years of his life. perhaps there are simple answers to the rest. did Kenny ever upgrade that piece o crap car parked in front of the house the day the picture was taken?

mrshutter45

In the past you claimed Mike Watson had the station wagon and airstream. you are constantly changing things with the story and your book. no I'm not trying to be insulting, but I see some problems here.

in the History Decoded book they quote YOU, and not Skipp for the comment adding "Blevins insisted" so, here we are once again questioning the validation a reporter gives. where does one find any truth in this?

I realize you are trying to get to the bottom of the real estate issues, but, I'll bet I could get those records and an answer within a week if I really wanted too. these are not deep dark secrets. today is my first day off in over 3 weeks, I don't have the time right now to get them.

seems to me that we have a poor guy (according to you) purchasing land in the early 60's. doesn't really match if you go by the standards of the lousy Northwest pay scale. where did he get the money for this transaction? you don't seem to find this relevant since it was 10 years prior. which falls in the area I said should be researched.

I mentioned this before as well. what was the value of the stamp/coin collection when he bought it? surely not the $30,000 you claim. we know where his money came from in the last couple years of his life. perhaps there are simple answers to the rest. did Kenny ever upgrade that piece o crap car parked in front of the house the day the picture was taken?

blevins reply - - -

RobertMBlevins

***In the past you claimed Mike Watson had the station wagon and airstream. you are constantly changing things with the story and your book. no I'm not trying to be insulting, but I see some problems here.

Check modified post, last one I did above. Someone should print those docs up, ask Gray what the deal is next Saturday when he appears in Tacoma. I don't have all the answers. As far as your other questions, I've been asked not to speculate on anything new regarding KC for the time being, until the NPR people do whatever it is they have in mind. I would present these things to Gray myself, but I think it should be done by someone more neutral on the case.

Speaking of 'mind,' I wouldn't mind if we moved on to another Cooper subject other than KC.

Georger: If you don't think KC's the guy, and you don't like what I post...then why do you keep re-quoting my posts in their entirety and giving flippant comments? All you do is bring more traffic to those posts. (*laughs*)

I can just see a book review from you at Amazon. Maybe you read Catch-22 or something and review it. Your review:

'War book. Kind of funny.'

He asserts "WHY" (again) from the room in his head?

Because you aint the boss of me or anyone else, Bud.
Get over yourself!

You dont like my posts? - then don't read em or reply to em.
It's simple. Get over your personal problem! Thats why you are
here in the first place! The obsessive-compulsive thing.

It's funny/sad you keep attacking Marla. It's pathetic. We dont
allow one patient to attack all the others for supremacy! No
patient owns the ward! Now go pee in the little cup and be
quiet! Pull your light cord when you are ready for Nurse Marla to
pick up your cup!

:D

RobertMBlevins

On the 1961 land purchase: I already answered that. My best info says he bought it on a promissory note, but it wasn't paid off for years.

That could very well be right, but it also seems to be what happened on his home purchase. I think someone (Smokin99?) identified the parcel described in the document ("the west 80 feet...") as the house, not the adjoining land. The Grimes took out a $7500 mortgage in June 1972. Kenny bought the property from them in October 1972 and assumed the mortgage. He didn't pay of the mortgage for many years (1990).

If that is correct, Kenny's house purchase was entirely consistent with the way her purchased the land in 1961.

Am I reading those documents correctly?

MarkBennett

*** On the 1961 land purchase: I already answered that. My best info says he bought it on a promissory note, but it wasn't paid off for years.

That could very well be right, but it also seems to be what happened on his home purchase. I think someone (Smokin99?) identified the parcel described in the document ("the west 80 feet...") as the house, not the adjoining land. The Grimes took out a $7500 mortgage in June 1972. Kenny bought the property from them in October 1972 and assumed the mortgage. He didn't pay of the mortgage for many years (1990).

If that is correct, Kenny's house purchase was entirely consistent with the way her purchased the land in 1961.

Am I reading those documents correctly?

here is the Satisfaction Of Mortgage. also records of Reconveyance are available as well. most of the records are online. you just need to cross ref some of them B|