47 47
quade

DB Cooper

G wrote

I hope the Four Clydesdales get to read the WSHS docs posted
yesterday. They would love that stuff.

Everyone knows horses cant read G. The more clever horses recruit Border Collies to read stuff aloud to them.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I think you have some things confused Mark. Marla does claim memories of 8 years old, but also claims to have spoken with her father about the crime. she also claims both brothers (LD & Dewey) had separate rooms at Granny's house. those were old logger cabins converted into homes. very small. (see photo) we have problems with LD's birth date. two different stories on where he landed. plus many more issues. now she claims the CIA hired here Uncle. the way her mother talks sounds like she really doesn't want to say anything about it. she would know much more than Marla, and yet only says "I always had a feeling" one minute she claims he was trying to commit suicide, the next minute she claims he knew exactly where he was landing because he was a surveyor. that was later in life, not during the early 70's. then she claims he was in hiding. public records of his movement is all over the place. something even an Amateur wouldn't do if they were hiding from the law.

some of the things Blevins found on her Facebook page pretty much tells her intentions. I just can't buy into it. here we have yet another story with no documentation to back the claim.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

I think you have some things confused Mark. Marla does claim memories of 8 years old, but also claims to have spoken with her father about the crime. she also claims both brothers (LD & Dewey) had separate rooms at Granny's house. those were old logger cabins converted into homes. very small. (see photo) we have problems with LD's birth date. two different stories on where he landed. plus many more issues. now she claims the CIA hired here Uncle. the way her mother talks sounds like she really doesn't want to say anything about it. she would know much more than Marla, and yet only says "I always had a feeling" one minute she claims he was trying to commit suicide, the next minute she claims he knew exactly where he was landing because he was a surveyor. that was later in life, not during the early 70's. then she claims he was in hiding. public records of his movement is all over the place. something even an Amateur wouldn't do if they were hiding from the law.

some of the things Blevins found on her Facebook page pretty much tells her intentions. I just can't buy into it. here we have yet another story with no documentation to back the claim.

WE are knee-deep in claims and people's smartass remarks.

The preponderance of that over anything of any real substance
tells the story... just a continuation of where things have been
for years.

Do you see anything worth discussing in the WHS notes just
shared - ?

--------------------------------------------------------
Hello Muddah - Hello Faddah - Here I am at ...

I can't get it to download. I tried 3 different computers. keeps telling me the file is damaged. I just tried again with no luck.....>:(

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I'll give you that, Mr. Shutter. The evidence Marla has is very sparse. So sparse we can't get very far with it.

She's relying on memories from being eight years old as well as what her father told her fifteen years prior. Could they be way off? Sure they could. I've visited some of my childhood homes and was amazed how small they were.

I don't think anyone takes so much time and effort to tell a story to the FBI if she did not believe it was true. That would be a crime. So, I think she believes the basics of her story.

However, there are pieces of the story she can't know and is speculating on. What did LD land? What happened to the money? I don't think she'd be privy to those details. If she wasn't told that in 1995, I don't think she'll have much luck in finding out either.

Of course, Marla believing what she remembers and whether it's accurate are two different things.

The FBI used Marla's story as a starting point and presumably learned information from their own investigation that led them to believe L.D. was a promising suspect. My point is we don't know why the FBI thinks that. I can't buy that it was just based on Marla's word.

You'll notice I'm writing a rebuttal to your post, but I'm really not disagreeing with anything you wrote. I guess I'm putting a lot of faith that the FBI has cooroborating information somewhere.

MarkBennett

I'll give you that, Mr. Shutter. The evidence Marla has is very sparse. So sparse we can't get very far with it.

She's relying on memories from being eight years old as well as what her father told her fifteen years prior. Could they be way off? Sure they could. I've visited some of my childhood homes and was amazed how small they were.

I don't think anyone takes so much time and effort to tell a story to the FBI if she did not believe it was true. That would be a crime. So, I think she believes the basics of her story.

However, there are pieces of the story she can't know and is speculating on. What did LD land? What happened to the money? I don't think she'd be privy to those details. If she wasn't told that in 1995, I don't think she'll have much luck in finding out either.

Of course, Marla believing what she remembers and whether it's accurate are two different things.

The FBI used Marla's story as a starting point and presumably learned information from their own investigation that led them to believe L.D. was a promising suspect. My point is we don't know why the FBI thinks that. I can't buy that it was just based on Marla's word.

You'll notice I'm writing a rebuttal to your post, but I'm really not disagreeing with anything you wrote. I guess I'm putting a lot of faith that the FBI has cooroborating information somewhere.

not a problem Mark. this is how it's done my friend. Marla claims they never went back into the woods to get the money. she also claimed he landed on Farmland. the farmer never found it? she said "he jumped over farmland and had planned his jump to put himself inside of a six mile area which was only seven miles from the home of L.D. Cooper." sounds like a place the money would have been found rather quickly if you ask me? I would take a guess that she read up on McCoy after making that statement.

if you listen to her in her interviews when she claims things about her memories they sound more like an adult talking rather than someone 8 years old. things she really shouldn't know at that age.

Robert99

***I can't get it to download. I tried 3 different computers. keeps telling me the file is damaged. I just tried again with no luck.....>:(

Shutter, Check you PMs in about two minutes.

sent a reply. I have tried 7 or 8 times. see photo. I can download any other PDF except this one >:(

mrshutter45

******I can't get it to download. I tried 3 different computers. keeps telling me the file is damaged. I just tried again with no luck.....>:(

sent a reply. I have tried 7 or 8 times. see photo. I can download any other PDF except this one >:(

I don't know what the problem is but here is what shows up when I click the embedded link:

"collections.washingtonhistory.org"

"20_659_2013.5.23.1.pdf"

And the 23 page document shows up ever time.

Robert99

Robert99

*********I can't get it to download. I tried 3 different computers. keeps telling me the file is damaged. I just tried again with no luck.....>:(

I don't know what the problem is but here is what shows up when I click the embedded link:

"20_659_2013.5.23.1.pdf"

Robert99

I upgraded Adobe. lets see what that does.....got to reboot...

Wow! Way to go WSHS. This is more new info than we've seen in a long time here.

Hopefully it will give us a temporary bickering break while this new info is examined.

Thanks for posting here.

(proud to have loaned his Cooper twenty to the exhibit)

Not gonna happen:S

mrshutter45

************I can't get it to download. I tried 3 different computers. keeps telling me the file is damaged. I just tried again with no luck.....>:(

"20_659_2013.5.23.1.pdf"

Robert99

I upgraded Adobe. lets see what that does.....got to reboot...

I am emailing you a PDF. On its way!!!!!!
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

EVickiW

Sorry...file to big for your server.

I think my email can only take 10 or 12 MB's this is 17.....I'm trying again now with the upgrade. I don't think it will work since my brand new computer didn't work either????????

georger

***I think you have some things confused Mark. Marla does claim memories of 8 years old, but also claims to have spoken with her father about the crime. she also claims both brothers (LD & Dewey) had separate rooms at Granny's house. those were old logger cabins converted into homes. very small. (see photo) we have problems with LD's birth date. two different stories on where he landed. plus many more issues. now she claims the CIA hired here Uncle. the way her mother talks sounds like she really doesn't want to say anything about it. she would know much more than Marla, and yet only says "I always had a feeling" one minute she claims he was trying to commit suicide, the next minute she claims he knew exactly where he was landing because he was a surveyor. that was later in life, not during the early 70's. then she claims he was in hiding. public records of his movement is all over the place. something even an Amateur wouldn't do if they were hiding from the law.

WE are knee-deep in claims and people's smartass remarks.

The preponderance of that over anything of any real substance
tells the story... just a continuation of where things have been
for years.

Do you see anything worth discussing in the WHS notes just
shared - ?

--------------------------------------------------------
Hello Muddah - Hello Faddah - Here I am at ...

I see some new numbers and times about the flight path. it seems Hominid has the start time correct. 7:36:33 wheels up at 7:37 ish. the pesky 14 miles in 4 minutes are still in question. still looking over the pages....good stuff.

RobertMBlevins

***are you telling me I don't know what I'm talking about?

Regarding what? You'll have to be more specific than that. I read over several posts about Marla today, not just by you, but others. I could tell I was the only one who really dug into her story, probably better than the frickin' FBI did I think. :)
I have also downloaded the stuff from WSHS. Still checking on that. Yes, very interesting stuff I agree.

I was talking about your Marla statements to me. the "Come ON, Man!" and research question. I spent a lot of time researching her claim. I don't believe seeing anything from you document wise (what a shock) I have found most of the homes LD lived in. documents of marriage, documents of Dewey's marriage. the family tree showing all of there ages, death records, researched and found Granny's house too small, including a pic of the actual home. lots more I can't remember at the moment. your buddy Gray was very interested in what I found. I believe you did some weeding vs digging. the only person I found hard to trace was Dewey. I found some records on him, but nothing of value other than him being in Vegas with LD while they were suppose to be with Granny. if you think either one of us can out do the FBI. you are highly mistaken. you have to remember they know a lot more about the case, they can research much quicker. sometimes you guys speak as if you are better than them. similar to a fan saying he can do better than a Pro quarterback lol

Vicki was kind enough to take the time and email me, several times to get the documents to me. Robert99 tried as well. which I thank both for all there help. B|

I believe testxyz was the first to show Granny's house. need to add that.

RobertMBlevins

Always go to the source whenever possible.

Blevins, Is this a typo?

Especially after all your claims about KC's alleged abundance of cash and real estate dealings immediately after the hijacking.

Is your real estate expert actually going to check the county records and report back to you?

Robert99

Now I know the names of the places I could not pronouce! ALL because of a glorious map and conversations with one man long ago and that was not Duane. There is the mix of what Duane told me and they merge together.

The man who told me the story about a person who claimed to know who Cooper was is very reliable - but, I had a difficult time understanding him - this was a couple of yrs ago.

PLEASE READ THIS:

Perhaps some old legal documents of James Luezke a deceased attorney at law might disclose a suspect the FBI never looked at. A man he represented asked for help to bring forward a suspect - but feared being accused of the crime himself. He was looking for immunity because he knew who Cooper was or had personal knowledge of the crime.
PROBABLY AFTER THE FACT.

The state claimed it was not in their hands TO GRANT amnesty and the application would have to made with the Feds out of D.C.

I have NO knowledge if D.C. was contacted. The individual the attorney represented as a John Doe was never disclosed nor attempted arrangements for the informant...I know who he was.

This informant sought the assistance of an attorney in 2001 after his attempts to reach me thru a journalist - we did NOT explore the enquiry and felt it of no interest. So happens it was the most important lead that developed out of the news article, but would not come to the fore-front until another man related the the man's story to me about 2 yrs ago..

The records of that old attorney will prove it. I know the name of the John Doe and the name of the attorney.

The Attorney never released the name of the man asking for assistance nor the name of the friend who approached him on behalf of this friend. I know who they are.

The informant died a few yrs ago and Georger KNOWS who I am talking about, because he up put a post yrs ago and quickly took it down.

I did NOT understand the things this man tried to tell m, but NOW I do and I owe it to a mape of WA, unlike any I had ever seen. I had gone to the map for a completely different reason - not for the memories.

I had scribble all over a folder during my conversation with the man and I couldn't understand him very well...S's and F's and words I could not follow. I thought maybe he had experienced a stroke.

It was after the phone call I was asking about Riggers Shield or Field....now I know that is not the name of something on a chute - it is a place.

I have NAMES - names I cannot mention on this thread. Names of places I could NOT spell or pronounce - NOW, I know were most of them are.

Remember my mentioning Duane knowing a Sheriff north of Seattle - Well, it is all there! Until I got that map I didn't even pronounce the words. Then looking at that map - I realized what he had TRIED to tell me.

I tried to tell the details of things even I did NOT know I knew! Now I have found most of them.

Snohomish - give it a try. Find the history there and you will find some of Cooper's footprints. Find the name of an old sheriff who believed in giving The Boys a second chance.

I wrote down Wanon County during the conversation - the man kept trying to tell me to REMEMBER this conversation. I could not understand the names he was saying. He seem agitated I didn't know what he was saying - NOW, I know he was saying WHATCOM County and Snohomish County.

Duane mentioned an area north of Spokane and said there was museum there and his picture was in that museum. I told JT about this and he CLAIMED a BIG NO! Go back it is in the thread...he said there was NO picture of WEBER When I told him about a place in OR he went immediately there and records on file suddenly went POOF! Of course he denied this.

There was a Museum near a place Duane talked about - I do not know what Duane did in the area, but I kept thinking it was Little Ben - there is NO such place it was called Little PEND and the airstrip in Colville....Will never forget Duane's face when he talked about the BOYS.

Something Buttes and Santa Lana I can't find the sound alikes to those location - The words Frank and Beasley - I don't know what they mean. Pomeroy - a memory about Pomeroy - a relative lived there or a relative of his friends family - the Johnny Carson side kick...family lived and also links to the man who lived in Puyallup!

The boys went to Coeur d Alene and Spokane (try 1940's - Duane was arrested in Spokane - pre 1950). The forestry and the smoke jumpers and criminals and wayward boys - they all worked close together...NO defining lines like others in the thread claimed. Duane MIGHT not have been a CERTIFIED jumper but he had plenty of EXPOSURE! I believe he did jump...and I think there is a picture someplace that puts him in a chute or with guys with chutes on.

Duane talked about Moscow, Pullman and Potlach and Palouse -he got in trouble with another boy and he could never go back there. Guess where the 'boy' used to live that contacted the attorney. He was a jumper and Duane knew him.

Frank, School or Schoal, don't even know what these things or places or names mean! Sound alikes - I have looked at the map again - but cannot understand what they were unless it was perhaps a man's name and not a place.

The man told me about A NEW PAPER OWNER in Seattle - have NOT one damn clue what this means. I have not talked to a newpaper owner in the Seattle area. Perhaps he just meant that someone worked for a Newpaper in Seattle.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

The FBI is not perfect Robert. yes they have egg on there face with the Marla incident. wonder how many walls you will hit asking them about Hoffa? bet they won't give a silver platter on that either.

"I didn't care much about where LD and Dewey lived, because if they were involved in the hijacking the only thing that matters is where they were at the time of the hijacking"

that's one of your problems right there. researching into someone's background is important. I would have never found certain things had I not. this is where I found the age problem. I found out where he was in 70-71. very important to research things. I check into everyone's background included in every case. now, there is no need to go 20-30 years back, but within 10 tells a story. movement, finances, any records that can be found I try and search out. I found the family tree site before the age problem. took a day or so to find it again so I could verify what I was saying. school records gave the same age I had, the military did as well. something is wrong with his age. it isn't just one marriage certificate claiming this. I spent hours digging into this in order to prove what I was saying. why you ask? this puts his age in the late 30's.(problem)

I don't rely to much on what people say in this type of case. you don't know the true intentions they have. it could be money, notoriety, or even revenge. lots of things come up why people sing. try being a divorce lawyer lol big time he said-she said crap.

RobertMBlevins

Well, I did check out LD's background, but only minimally, and mostly through news articles and what was available online. A surveyor, moved around, no major criminal record, whatever. I'm more into going after what people say, what they go on the record with. And then checking those statements.

I've probably read All The President's Men too many times...

that's another problem you have. you rely too much on what someone tells you. LD was a surveyor, but after the crime. his movements were documented. something someone wouldn't do while in hiding from the FBI. researching his background proved this. researching where he was after told even more.

perhaps the next time you "go on record" with them. tell them you will be sending the tapes to the FBI. you will see smoke rising from the floor after a loud noise of the door slamming shut B|