jonnym84

When was your first reserve ride?

I think it was around 100 jumps; I don't remember any more, and those logbooks are long gone. I've had a total of seven reserve rides, but it's probably been 400 jumps (and 20+ years) since my last one.

Oh -- 1200 jumps total, and probably 2-3 of my reserve rides were due to experimenting with gear modifications.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Just under 500 jumps now.
I've had a couple lineovers, a bridal wrapped around my arm and one pilot chute caught in my burble but ended up clearing them and not having to cutaway.
Only cutaway so far was around # 400. My friend went through my lines, my canopy collapsed and wrapped him. a moment later I was in a violent orbit around him. He was immobilized, wrappend in my nylon and lines. The incident occured at 7500' and I was under my reserve at 6500'.

If you're gonna' be stupid, well, then you're most likely stupid.

Jump #1. I was pitched out of a 182 at 3500', and the slider hung up at the canopy. All went well, I decided not to jump ever again(it's OBVIOUSLY way too dangerous!). DZO slapped another rig on my back and told me he would personally throw me out of the airplane if I didn't get back in the saddle. I did. I'm damn glad I did. Thanks Mikey!

Mike

first one; jump 11 - self entanglement
second; approx 30 - total ( on a rental rig)
third; approx 200 - baglock
fourth approx 400 - line twists
fifth ; approx 800 - tension knot

total jumps, at last count 1600...(havent logged since Feb)
at least I *knock on wood* havent made the same mistake twice :P

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Jump #45: the stabilizers on a Crossbow (Para-Commander wannabe) knotted together so I pulled my belly-mounted reserve and landed a 24 flat in a freshly plowed field.
Since then I have 17 more reserve rides and a total of 4, 200 more jumps. Most of those reserve rides were after cutting away damaged first generation tandem canopies.

Demo accuracy canopy available at the dz for an accuracy meet. Knotted lines, slider tangled. Landed just outside the peas. Let the canopy manuafacturer go get his canopy. He got the idea when I landed and called his canopy a POS!

Jump #2, streamer on a 28 foot tu7. had a borrowed belly wart reserve with a pilot chute (shouldn't have had one), reserve cleared the main and all I saw was a flash of white, main slowly unwound and I landed in 12 foot tall sugar cane. That was in 1966 in the Phillipines. Was a quite a chore getting both canopies down off that damn cane.

Always remember, when you get where you're going, there you are!