Blahr

Footwear?

Nikes

Dammit...that's my answer, too :P.

I have also been known to wear Colorado hiking shoes when skydiving. I've had them since the ninth grade (that was, um, 12 years ago) and they've been through everything you could imagine....I'm sure they've driven all of my cars I've owned (five now?), I've been swimming with them after jumping out of a tall tree into the "gravel pit" as it's known around here and they are my prefered choice for motorcycle riding.

Sometimes Tevas, sometimes cheap, lightweight tennis shoes. The only thing I don't like about Tevas is that junk gets under my booties and stuck between my toes.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Tevas or flip flops (we call them thongs in Oz) in warm weather.

Any old running shoe in cooler months.

As it's first few days of spring here right now, meaning that this morning was hovering just below freezing, I wore the any old running shoes when I jumped my wingsuit out of a balloon over Canberra before breakfast. What a blast and a great way to start the week.

Blue Skies,

fergbird

Sometimes Tevas, sometimes cheap, lightweight tennis shoes. The only thing I don't like about Tevas is that junk gets under my booties and stuck between my toes.

Wendy W.

Wendy,
Out here we call Tevas California jump boots.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I have always worn shoes. There is just a boatload of pointy stuff on the ground in Florida. There is a few cactus plants around, but the big problem is vines with stickers. If you land off and end up in a patch of those vines, very bad.

I used to wear tennis shoes always until I stepped in a low spot one time. Had to wear wet shoes all day. Now it is Tevas in the summer, sneakers in the winter.

You may want to put a bungie round the bit between the toes - and loop that over your big toe. Works great on anything other than large linked exits off a tailgate.

Me - Island Styles. I have a large scar from losing the skin off the top of my foot after a swoop about 11 years ago. I wear shoes and gloves now.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Interesting to see the posts. No one said sport sandals. I see a LOT of them, and have jumped them on many occasions. HOWEVER, I recommend flat sole athletic (tennis) shoes as they are MUCH more forgiving. I caught the front of a sandal once and didn't have any problems, but I could see disaster written on the clouds. So I went back to my New Balance running shoes (with slick worn down soles)

bungie round the bit between the toes - and loop that over your big toe

I used to jump in flipflops. Even easier is putting a rubber band (the big kind) around your big and second toes. Just as secure (at least it was for me), and a lot more comfortable.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)