kelel01

How many jumps did it take you to get your A license?

Took me 30 jumps and 5 years to get my cspa solo;)....I'm at 33 now and can prob click off my "A" in another 5 jumps, if I ever get to jump before its winter and too freaking cold for the "sane" to jump...thankfully, I'm a little "insane";) and will jump when its a wee bit chilly.....I need to do my coached/padycake jumps....cold=less skydivers and more attn from the coaches....I WILL have my A before the new year!!!:P..(claim will not be endorsed by Crusty Burger Inc)

I had 50+ jumps before getting my A license, the dz's that I jumped at didnt require it, I found out the hard way that some dz's need that piece of paper before they will allow you to fall from their planes.....

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

>>Just a question-- why have you chosen to do that? Does your DZ ever try to limit what you do there? <<

I jump at a non-GM DZ, so they do not require a license (some of the most experienced jumpers there are not eligible for a license due to their age).

They still make us do all the "stuff" - I have just never (until recently) actually sent in the money. The only reason I am getting the license is to be able to go to Rantoul.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I have 31 jumps, and two more things to do to get my A license: hop 'n pop and catch the instructor after jumping out of the plane after the instructor jumps first. I'll probably start up again early next year sometime (due to back troubles and being unemployed for awhile).

I got it on my 22nd jump.

My A license card was stamped by a pretty, blue eyed instructress wearing a grass skirt and a coconut brazier! B|B|B|

(It was during our annual Labor Day (Hawaiian style) Luau... lol)

In addition to her coconut's, I still remember what she cautioned: "So as of this moment you have your "A" license... it is not "A license" to get yourself hurt..."
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

31 jumps to my A, with BPA. I was just crap at your average static line jumps. I only got this far because an instructor saw me grabbing risers on deployment - that was the first time I didn't have line twists - and he put me on dummy pulls to stop me doing it again.

That, and a few cock-ups on 10 and 15 sec delays due to being rubbish at seated exits as opposed to C-182 hanging wingstrut exits.

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Under the BPA system, i took 24 jumps and 10 months.

Started 16th March 2002.
AFF levels 1-7 + (2 x level 2 + 2 x level 3 repeats).
10 x consolidation jumps.
1 x Cat 8.
I did my Cat 8 before i finished my consols, but my final consol was on the 22nd December 2002.

I did levels 1-5 at Sebastian Fla. in a week in March, then nothing until December 9th 2002 when i went to Empuria Brava in Spain (started on level3).

I also did 15 skydive university (FS1/WARP) jumps before i did my last consol which was on jump #41.

Looks something like this:

1/2/2r/2r/3/4/5/3/3r/4/5/6/7/C/C/C/C/C/C/C/C/Cat8/C/C

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Did my first pack jump on jump 20, came down, gave someone $20 to buy me beer, gave my USPA proficency card to an instructor to sign, repacked my rig, went up for jump 21, came down and my beer arrived for all to drink :)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

About 350. In the old days most of us didn't have any licenses. After starting back most places wouldn't let me jump without some sort of license. The only license I had was a chest type riggers license. So I had to take the ABC&D test.....Steve1

You say you have 240 jumps but no license....How can that be? I thought you had to have a license to jump...?

Due to not enough $ I couldn't take up with my AFF this year from last year...TRAINING IS EXPENSIVE!

WOW...Have you found a loop hole to avoid the expense of training and stil be able to jump?????

No loophole. I jump at a non-USPA dropzone. I have completed AFF from USPA certified AFF instructors, I just don't need a license to jump here.

I actually applied for my D in September just to get it, though.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

Sorry it took me so long in getting back to this post...

BUT- if you do jump at a DZ that is NOT in USPA and/or you don't have a licence(yet)-
Does this present any higher risk factors or hazards to low-time jumpers who -most likely- have a lots to learn yet?

Just curious! This is especially interesting to me since I don't have my licence yet....[:/]I REALLY missed jumping this year....

THANX:)