quade

Tennesse Skydiving Center -- Aircraft

I was just doing a little browsing because of a recent incident and came across THIS page.

Does anybody know if this is some sort of specially modified Twin Otter I've never heard about? ;)

Oh, come on, Paul! You know exactly what that is! It's the BOX that the Twin Otter came in! They threw the spare engines on it, and VOILA! :)
Mike

It's the BOX that the Twin Otter came in!

OK, you win :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Definitely the best answer.

I can't wait for them to open up "Skydive Greater Texas." Only 45 minutes where you are (by jet)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey, perhaps we can invite them to FL for this year's Nationals! Well, it's an Otter, yeah?

I'm sure Lake Wales would LOVE to have the safest Otter in their fleet! ;) PLUS with a 24 seat capacity, the four 4-way teams would be real nice and roomie on their way to 10.5! :ph34r:

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

It's all because Tennesse Skydiving Center is ASC in Cedartown, GA... 45 minutes from EVERYWHERE!

Sorry to tell you that you are wrong here. They are only 20 minutes for everywhere. :S:S

On there other website they made up a D license number for someone that's not on their staff anymore.

I'm surprised the picture isn't of a 747 or the space shuttle.:D:D
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

you know, it's good to know that those SUPER OTTERS are professionally maintained making them safer.

Why not only safer...but the safest!
My goodness I really do think I will change my geographical location.
Oh but wait...Georgia or Tenessee?
No matter as long as I get to jump that Super Twin Otter I'll be as happy as a pig in a holler!

Isn't Tennessee part of Georgia?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

...just for reference....

Tennessee Skydiving Center, Inc. is a trademarked name. The operation is located in Tullahoma, Tennessee.

This referenced website is using a trademarked name in violation.

Tennessee Skydiving Center, Inc. located in Tullahoma, Tennessee is actively pursuing any leads in our trademark infringement. please contact us at the contact info below.

Thanks,

Chris
Tennessee Skydiving Center, Inc.
P. O. Box 674
Tullahoma, TN

931-455-4574
[email protected]

Isnt it funny how three dropzones in three different states have the same phone number? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=1-800-817-JUMP+OR+1.800.817.JUMP&btnG=Google+Search

And, this linkhttp://www.georgiaskydive.com/videopic.html

is a dropzone thats in both Georgia (the domain name) AND tenessee! (the Internet Explorer title)

and their picture is a shorts 360/330 converted sherpa... not a skyvan or an otter

Chris

You sure? Sure does look like a Skyvan to me. And the Sherpa is not a Shorts 360/330. It's similar to a Shorts 330 but is designed specificily for the military. The Shorts 360 is very different in appearance since it does not have the twin vertical stabs like the Shed and 330.

Here's a head on pic of a Shorts 330. Comapre it to the picture on the bogus TSC site. I still say that picture is a skyvan on there. It has the tell-tale "hump" that the van has and the 330 does not have. The 330 has a more curved upper hull.

Another PHOTO shows the front. Note the wing struts come to the wheel covers rather than the body. The Skyvan has open wheels.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Isnt it funny how three dropzones in three different states have the same phone number? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=1-800-817-JUMP+OR+1.800.817.JUMP&btnG=Google+Search

And, this linkhttp://www.georgiaskydive.com/videopic.html

is a dropzone thats in both Georgia (the domain name) AND tenessee! (the Internet Explorer title)

the owners own drop zones in alabama.. 30 min from birmingham "pell city" and also a drop zone in atlanta asc. that is very close to tennasee and alabama and is in georgia... that is why they market those area's that is why the phone numbers are the same... because all the schedualling goes out of one office for both drop zones.....

do you see a problem with thair marketing stratagy????

i sure dont.. they are just running a buissness...

you are a skydivere arent you???

then dont worrie yourselves with thair marketing strategy... it only makes you look like a negative person... it is really a cool drop zone with alot of good things for you " the skydiver".. and all this is paid for by the large amount of tandams they do out of tennasee georgia alabama missippi and sometimes south caralina...

they try to get buissness wherever they can... i dont blame them either... i know the owner personally and he is a geinious when it comes to marketing..

that is why all the bad roumours about them because other drop zones feel threatened by them... when it coems to getting tandams...

but for you as a skydiver i bet you would really like it there and the awsome skydives you get if you just went by...

i try to stay out of drop zone polatics. and i try to goto the other compeating drop zones to meet peaple....looks like i will be needing to goto tollahoma next and meet the peaple there......

but all im saying is dont say bad things about them for thair marketing tactics... if you not a drop zone operator then it is none of your buissness...

and to the drop zone operators that this affects... well all i can say is im sorry you have to deal with such an agressive competitor.. im glad it isnt mee..

edit to add: i know i cant spell and i dont care...... im also too lazy to use the spell chack thingy.....

i will confrim that this website is misleading and a bunch of BS. if you call ASC you will be told that you are "45 minutes from the DZ" no matter where you call from. they are advertising in many states, with unclear directions....hmmm, lets take advatage of first time jumpers. i jump all over the states, and this is the worst case of deception i have ever delt with. the TMs, coaches, and other DZs workers are cool, but whoever is the author of this web page is an ass, and a lier. come on web page author, prove i am wrong.

the owners own drop zones in alabama.. 30 min from birmingham "pell city" and also a drop zone in atlanta asc.

The directions on http://www.skydivebirmingham.com/ bring you to ASC in Cedartown, GA. This is more than a half hour away, according to Mapquest its 2.5 hours. Why wouldn't the owner's directions on this website take you to his dropzone 30 minutes from Birmingham?

but all im saying is dont say bad things about them for thair marketing tactics... if you not a drop zone operator then it is none of your buissness...

I am a drop zone customer. I can tell people what I think about their marketing tactics. You don't have to listen. I haven't said anything that wasn't true.

do you see a problem with thair marketing stratagy????

i sure dont.. they are just running a buissness...

you are a skydivere arent you???

then dont worrie yourselves with thair marketing strategy... it only makes you look like a negative person...

You don't see anything wrong with advertising one dropzone under 13 different locations under 4 different states? If theres nothing wrong with it, whats the matter with pointing it out, telling people where they are really going? No where on these websites can I find that the dropzone is in Georgia.

Here is what I have to say about that, and listen good:

regardless of what you think about the "come and tandem here" politics of the drozpone which sits between Rock Mart and Cedartown, GA, don't get pissed when one of it's skydivers or instructors tries to clarify some of the preconceptions when it comes to up-jumping and expertise of instruction. Mark Shimmel is a great guy who happens to work at ASC. So do pro swoopers Hans Paulson, TJ Landgren and Nathan Gilbert. You know what, I like the dropzone as well for a lot of reasons even though my Dad's dropzone is one of those that loses business to ASC. While I loathe some of the advertising practices, I really like the dropzone and all the people who work there.

Don't get on Mark's ass because he has something positive to say about a place he happens to skydive and work at.

Chuck

I have jumped at ASC and have had a great time doing it. I have nothing bad to say about the time I spent there, and I met some really cool people. They also have some kickass facilities. I just dont see why they need to advertise so deceptively like they do. It makes me feel guilty being at a place that gives people directions from Mississippi and doesn't tell them the directions take them to Georgia.

I really wish they didn't do this, it would make the place more enjoyable for myself. I don't think they need to do that either. They have a lot of other good points they could be emphasizing.

It is odd how hypocritical some skydivers can be.

People hate ASC and Michael Hawkes for the silly business practices, and perhaps rightly so, but then they have no issues at all flying with skydiving's own version of OJ Simpson. He even killed a fellow skydiver, just as brutally and got off scott free, yet people will travel thousands of miles just to fly with him.

Yes, just a little hypocritical.

Maybe people just don't know the story, but how could they not?

People hate ASC and Michael Hawkes for the silly business practices, and perhaps rightly so, but then they have no issues at all flying with skydiving's own version of OJ Simpson. He even killed a fellow skydiver, just as brutally and got off scott free, yet people will travel thousands of miles just to fly with him.

Whether it is OJ, or the certain King Air pilot you are referencing, you are forgetting one very important fact. They were acquitted by a jury of their peers.

That's the way the justice system works in this country. Innocent until proven guilty. A guilty verdict requires proof beyond a reasonable shadow of doubt.

Who are you to say they are guilty?
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Maybe I'm unusual, but I always look at a map before going somewhere new, even if I'd been given directions. I like to know where I am going.

I dislike deceptive advertizing, but IMHO anyone who heads off across multiple state lines without realizing it is pretty DUMB.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Here is what I have to say about that, and listen good:

regardless of what you think about the "come and tandem here" politics of the drozpone which sits between Rock Mart and Cedartown, GA, don't get pissed when one of it's skydivers or instructors tries to clarify some of the preconceptions when it comes to up-jumping and expertise of instruction. Mark Shimmel is a great guy who happens to work at ASC. So do pro swoopers Hans Paulson, TJ Landgren and Nathan Gilbert. You know what, I like the dropzone as well for a lot of reasons even though my Dad's dropzone is one of those that loses business to ASC. While I loathe some of the advertising practices, I really like the dropzone and all the people who work there.

Don't get on Mark's ass because he has something positive to say about a place he happens to skydive and work at.

Chuck

i love you man!!!...

haha

but anyways.. im not saying i agree or disagree with you.. but if you dont pay attention to all the crap that the "buissness" does. then it is an awsome place to skydive....