quade

Tennesse Skydiving Center -- Aircraft

Here is what I have to say about that, and listen good: ***

oh mastah!! I will sho lissen up real good, 'less you beat me again wit yo munkee hammah! (puke!)

so it's a cool place to jump... big fuckin deal. they are still guilty of copyright infringement and their advertising is unethical... not the kind of behavior one would expect of the tight-knit family of skydiving... I don't give a shit if it IS "just business," you don't fuck other companies that way. I hope they go broke.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

well some skydivers out here do choose...so i dont jump ASC, and have never flew in that king air.

well im sorry you feel that way.... i really am...

and the king air is the weekday plane... on the weekend it is at there other d.z. in pell city alabama. and they run a twin otter..

Sure, he's doing business. And quite a business it is.

Besides- where else could you go to do a tandem skydive on September 11, 2001 and the few days immediately following.?

Wow- the power that man must have to convince the FAA to lift the restrictions just for his operation.

Sure, he's doing business. And quite a business it is.

Besides- where else could you go to do a tandem skydive on September 11, 2001 and the few days immediately following.?

Wow- the power that man must have to convince the FAA to lift the restrictions just for his operation.

what are you talking about???

did you jump there on sept 11th??

i didnt ... i called the dz that day and they told me they werent jumping....

whatever dude!!!

you hear a roumer and you just got to spread it more.....

dbat!!!

\you ever been there??? you ever called there>?????

i didnt think soo

and also dude,,, nobody from asc talks trash about your home dz....

monroe?? is it... well lets see where do i start....

arent they in a preatty big lawsuit right now????

well that is what i heard maybee i should spead it around,,... hmmm i wonder why they are being sued..... lets see... i will just make somthing up..."thinking out loud"....

ya whatever...

whatever dude!!!

dbat!!!

i didnt think soo

Ok Mark, I have been watching this and not saying anything, I was there on the Saturday following September 11, 2001 standing next to a gentleman who drove the "20 minutes" from Nashville, because hey, they were jumping. Anyway, he gets his cell phone, calls the dz, talks to the owner who tells him, "Yes, we are jumping, there have been three loads up already today." The gentleman then tells him he is standing in the parking lot and gets hung up on. He then called the sherrif, still gets no refund, even though he was lied to to get him to the dz in the first place. This is an honest businessman?

whatever dude!!!

dbat!!!

i didnt think soo

Ok Mark, I have been watching this and not saying anything, I was there on the Saturday following September 11, 2001 standing next to a gentleman who drove the "20 minutes" from Nashville, because hey, they were jumping. Anyway, he gets his cell phone, calls the dz, talks to the owner who tells him, "Yes, we are jumping, there have been three loads up already today." The gentleman then tells him he is standing in the parking lot and gets hung up on. He then called the sherrif, still gets no refund, even though he was lied to to get him to the dz in the first place. This is an honest businessman?

i was there also that sat...... and they were telling peaple that they were grounded....

i even answered the phone a couple of times......

the students who showed up that day never got in touch with themmm,.......

and there was only a couple......

i was there that entire weekend and i dont recall them saying that on the phone once!~!!!!

but then again... im not following them around to see wht they are saying on the phone.........

but i do remember somone getting mad about not being able to jump that day......... but from whaty i remember that person never got in touch with them they just drove out there on thair appointment date...
\

and how does this discussion have anything to do with asc being a cool drop zone for a skydiver to jump at?????

That is not what this thread was about, it is what you wanted to transition it into. I wasn't following anyone around to see what they were saying. I happened to be standing next to the gentleman when he made the call. Well, I did hang around until the cops got there - just to see what would happen. So I am a gawker, at least I am not naive or a liar.

Edit to add: They called before they left Nashville, TN and were told that they were jumping, and there were more than a few that that happened to, if you don't want to believe me then maybe you would believe your manifest person, I'll pm you the name.

Wow... and this takes the cake!
http://www.makeithappen.com/jumps/review/cedartown.html#pp

Sheesh....

Speaking from personal experience, I'll never go there again. I do encourage everyone to make up their own mind about the place though, YYMV

I do feel much better now.... knowing that my DZ is "SAFE approved skydiving center"
http://www.skydivinginfo.com

EDIT: Oops... we must have done something unsafe, and lost our certification - not listed on http://www.skydivinginformation.com/

EDIT AGAIN: Wow! And they're moving north! KENTUCKYSKYDIVING.COM
and http://www.ohioskydiving.com :S:S

EDIT #3: Now this is just getting ridiculous... someone PLEASE tell me he's just bulk registering names with the hopes of selling them to someone. O rhas the intention of opening a DZ all over the country. CALIFORNIASKYDIVING.COM is registered to the same person. (no, I didn't find that myself, Phreezone did)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Wow... and this takes the cake!
http://www.makeithappen.com/jumps/review/cedartown.html#pp

Sheesh....

Speaking from personal experience, I'll never go there again. I do encourage everyone to make up their own mind about the place though, YYMV

I do feel much better now.... knowing that my DZ is "SAFE approved skydiving center"
http://www.skydivinginfo.com

EDIT: Oops... we must have done something unsafe, and lost our certification - not listed on http://www.skydivinginformation.com/

EDIT AGAIN: Wow! And they're moving north! KENTUCKYSKYDIVING.COM
and http://www.ohioskydiving.com :S:S

EDIT #3: Now this is just getting ridiculous... someone PLEASE tell me he's just bulk registering names with the hopes of selling them to someone. O rhas the intention of opening a DZ all over the country. CALIFORNIASKYDIVING.COM is registered to the same person. (no, I didn't find that myself, Phreezone did)

ya the guy that does theyre marketing... well anyways i asked him about this one....

pauls parachute...

he laughed and said it was a joke...

its kinda funnie i think..

even the skyvan or whatever it is being called an otter..

hahaha thats funnie,,...

he knows his airplanes so im sure he is laughing all about this thread...

they sub out to participating drop zones for a small fee

What exactly do you mean by "sub-out"?
Sorry I must be missing something.

well i dont do any work there so i really dont know how it works exactly...

but the drop zones in certain areas... well what he does is the marketing i guess and then sells either a tandam or hanglider ride or ballon ride or whatever.. and then ... well for example.. say they sell a tandam for 165 well they may have an agreement with a certain dz in a certain area... to do them for 150... so they made say 15 bucks for answering a phone and of couse .. getting the consumer to call them...

well i dont do any work there so i really dont know how it works exactly...

but the drop zones in certain areas... well what he does is the marketing i guess and then sells either a tandam or hanglider ride or ballon ride or whatever.. and then ... well for example.. say they sell a tandam for 165 well they may have an agreement with a certain dz in a certain area... to do them for 150... so they made say 15 bucks for answering a phone and of couse .. getting the consumer to call them...

Got it and thank you. It was as I thought. As the DZ that I live at is currrently listed on the site, and I know that we don't use this type of service I find it most interesting.
This however, has no reflection upon you (mark) nor can I say it isn't a nice DZ to jump at, since I have never been there. I would however question the business practices.
BB
BB

i may be wrong but i dont think anyone pays a fee to be listed... but if they are not in agreement somhow then the consumers they market get sent to the drop zone or hang gliding place that is in agreement..

and i think you will find that the drop zones out there that are useing 1800skyride are loveing the amount of buissness that they have recived from themm....

i may be wrong but i dont think anyone pays a fee to be listed... but if they are not in agreement somhow then the consumers they market get sent to the drop zone or hang gliding place that is in agreement..

and i think you will find that the drop zones out there that are useing 1800skyride are loveing the amount of buissness that they have recived from themm....

Deceptive DZ Tactics
A drop zone in Cedartown, GA has a number of web sites

Alabama Skydiving Center
Skydive Macon
Skydive Montgomery
Skydive Birmingham
Skydiving Tennesse
Skydive Chattanooga
Skydive Nashville
Skydive Mississippi
Skydive Jackson
Skydive Knoxville
Skydive Georgia
Tennesse Skydiving Center
Skydive Huntsville
Paul's Parachuting
Adventure Skydiving Alabama
Adventure Skydiving Tennessee
Adventure Skydiving Mississippi
that claim to be the local DZ for many metropolitan areas. All of the questionable web sites give directions to Cedartown, GA. The directions are stated simply and give the impression that the DZ is no more than an hour or so away. Most do not give a physical address on the web site or list any staff members.

The web sites are vague as to the actual location of the drop zone. Visitors are encouraged to call the toll free number listed.

For anyone that may want to do business with this DZ, you should definitely verify the actual location of the DZ and how far it is from you. Do this even if the people on the phone try to convince you otherwise.

If you decide to make a jump there and give a credit card number for a deposit, be aware that the deposit is probably non-refundable.

Also ask if you will be getting the advertized 14,000 ft. The price quoted might be from a Cessna, a much smaller plane than a Twin Otter. There might be an additional charge to ride in the Twin Otter all the way to 14,000 ft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atlanta Skydiving Center is actually the DZ at Cedartown, GA. The web site uses annoying mouse trails. Geesh why do people think that is cool?
SkydiveMacon.com is also aliased to SkydiveCenter.com

This was taken from Aerosoftware~
A portal to Jan Meyer our very own resident USPA National Director.

edit....

anyways.. all those areas are in there market are.. they are kinda in the corner of tenasee georgia. alabama and south carlina....

ya the directions all go to asc "adventure skydiving center"...

i urge you to goto those websites for yourself..... and not just rely on what that page says...

That page is hosted and created by our USPA National Director that lives in Cali. I doubt Jan worked for ASC.

I do like how the Ohioskydiving takes you to a DZ out of state... Wonder if all the sites do.

your right.. i didnt know that.... but i see it now ... my appolagies....

That page is hosted and created by our USPA National Director that lives in Cali. I doubt Jan worked for ASC.

I do like how the Ohioskydiving takes you to a DZ out of state... Wonder if all the sites do.

where does it say the directions there??? i dont see them?....