Superman32

Is this a sign?

I've just started jumping. Had my 3 tandems the ground school and a refresher class. I have tried very hard to jump in the past 2 months, but primarily due to wind restrictions (in several dzs) I haven't been able to start my AFP course.
My friends are starting to say that this is a sign and maybe I should reconsider. I'm not big pessimist but after a while one begins to question. [:/]
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

Screw your friends they don't know a damned thing about this sport and don't understand why you enjoyed it.

Everyone, I mean everyone had bad weather while a student. I can't even remember how many times I went to the DZ to sit there and hope to get to jump, waiting for weather.

What makes it worst is its winter, so life is even harder, unless of course you're in AZ, then its kinda nice.:P

So, what I'm saying is do what you want to do. If skydiving is what you want to do, do it, if not, then don't. Don't let your friends tell you what to do, or you'll regret the decision.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

When I was working on AFF I swear I spent more weekends at the DZ not jumping than I did jumping (gotta love Texas). The winds kept me down alot (they were always just a hair too fast), so I tried to get my jumps in early in the morning before the winds picked up. I haven't been able to jump in the last 3 weekends due to weather. (Rain, rain, and crazy winds this last weekend). The weather will get better, just get as many jumps as you can in while it's decent ;)

I've just started jumping. Had my 3 tandems the ground school and a refresher class. I have tried very hard to jump in the past 2 months, but primarily due to wind restrictions (in several dzs) I haven't been able to start my AFP course.
My friends are starting to say that this is a sign and maybe I should reconsider. I'm not big pessimist but after a while one begins to question. [:/]

If there isn't Kryponite thats causing you to back out, your going to have to change that big "S" on your chest to a big "P". :P

-
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

It took six months to finish my AFF... ;)

Wow...that fast????!!!! :o

Man...I wish I progressed like that...It only took two years for me :$

bottemline....don't worry about it....and ignore your friends..there is no such thing as 'a sign'...

No I had a sign not to jump on Saturday all rigged up got to the plane and someone smelt burning so we couldnt get on until everything was checked and the plane did a circuit. The other plane was in the air and we couldnt get intouch with anyone on the other side of the airfield so we had to walk back.

Just get back as the second plane lands so we get driven back to it where upon the pilot needs a toilet break so leaves in the van

Then the first plane lands again and we all get in. We get to 3000ft and are deep in cloud over the Dz so we have to land

By that time after an hour and 15 mins in the rig I was just more than ready to take it off I had accepted the fact that I was not meant to jump on that day although It was very frustrating as its now been a month since my last jump as my DZ is only open on a Saturday. So its a bit of a trek but weather permitting im off to Langar tomorrow

Dont give up I know its frustrating but there will eventually be good weather days which will ensure you get plenty of jumps and a very light wallet

Superman can leap buidlings in a single bound. Maybe your friends words are krytonite weakening you with every breath.

If you're gonna wear the big red "S;" then act like it. If you're going to listen to a bunch of weak earthlings who don't know how to fly, then hand over the cape.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Don't get discouraged! I started my AFF in July, and I only have 5 jumps. It sucks sitting out at the DZ waiting and then not getting to go, but every hour spent out there doing nothing is worth it once you do get to go. Plus, you can learn alot just by talking with the other jumpers and your instructors while waiting for the winds to die down, or the clouds to go away.

I remember driving 2 hrs. to my home DZ on friday, staying there friday, sat, and all day sunday until I had to go home, without being able to jump.

Oh, yeah.. well, i had to walk through 10 feet of snow uphill both ways.. just to sit and watch the wind blow when I did AFF.. :S
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Ignore your so called friends.

Try to check weather reports and make sure your there at right time or there the whole weekend. Worst case get really good at packing, it's a big part of sport. Maybe even make some money to pay for AFF and gear. Also never hurts to get to know everybody. Then when you have your A you'll have a bunch of people to jump with and you can pack fast.

Persistent pays off. ;)

It took me 3 months to get 20 jumps because of rain and and wind here in florida.

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-J. K. Rowling
willtofly.com Videos, Pictures & News

Fuck the weather!

I did AFF this summer, was living on the dropzone for two weeks. The first week was shit - clouds, rain, high winds, everything. I only managed two jumps in a week, spent days on end doing nothing but watch packjobs, chat and read skydiving magazines.

Then the second week came, and the weather was great - got 18 jumps done, got my A-licence and capped it all by jumping from a helicopter at the end of the week!

Moral of the story? Stick at it, the weather WILL improve, and the jumping will be all the sweeter for it.

Yeah it's a sign that says the weather sucks in the winter in NJ.
Ive also spent a couple weekends at CK waiting for the winds to die or the clouds to go away.. that's just part of the sport. You have to be patient.
If you really can't wait for spring to do your AFP, go down to Florida with the CK crew in January :)good luck!

The weather is the reason I've once again decided to postpone my AFP jumps until it's nicer out. Sure I'll have to do ground school again. No biggy. I'll just take a week off of work around March or April and hit the DZ everyday till I finish up then just switch it up to 2-4 attempts per month.

6yrs.ago I did 1 tandem and 4aff jumps in 4 months always first at the dz every Sat-Sunday. Wind/weather. I gave up and didn't return for almost 2 yrs. I could kick myself in the ass for doing that today![:/] Have patience. The reason that pushed me was paying $400+ a month for a country club membership for golf when I wasn't using it!