elfanie

What is your average opening altitude?

A question on another thread about a person "opening higher" at 4500 feet made me wonder...

what is your AVERAGE pull altitude? (I'd also love to know what DZ's have maximum pull altitudes and what they are?)

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

I try to pitch by 4000 but sometimes I flip over to check my blind spot if I'm not sure of all the positions of others in my group, or weary of low timers I might jump with, who weren't near during break off, at this point I may be pitching near 3500-3000.
I hate it when others depend on me having a ditter, to know when to say when!

I feel good at 4500-4k...unless I have others above, then I'll check and maybe pull at 3800 if necessary.

I am a weird-o that actually enjoys a beautiful canopy ride. I'd pull at 5k if I could without high wind, pressure to get down, or get under anyone. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I pull between 3'500 and 4'000 under normal circumstances. At my DZ the maximum is a about 5'500 for tandems and aff, for experienced they prefer it if you open at a max on 4'500. We are near London Gatwick Intl' airport so they are pretty keen to keep us out of controlled airspace. I would love to do a hop n pop from altitude one day but i guess i am gonna have to wait till i next come to the USA for that. [:/]

------------------------------------------------

"All men can fly, but sadly, only in one direction"

You don't need to go to the States to do a high Hop n Pop - I did one at Black Knights recently from 9 grand... Cold but worth it. Just pay a visit to a DZ out of the city ;)
I usually pitch between 3000 and 3200 - going low really doesn't do anything for me.

not starting a low pull contest here... Are you ??
You lost...

500 feet. Did I lose also?

I pull around 2500. I USED to suck it down a lot (1200-1400) when I had around 400-600 jumps.

Stupid...But I thought I "knew" better
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The lowest that I have been open was 1400, after a 3way launch from 4k.

not starting a low pull contest here... Are you ??
You lost... :P

Lowest pull I've ever seen was at 300ft AGL.
Three way almost went in together. Lowest of the three didn't even have time to touch his toggles, let alone land with them. He doesn't even remember pulling, and he dumped his main. He says last thing he remembered was...he thought he was dead and then he woke up on the ground.

I wave off and go for my puff at 3000AGL which puts me under open canopy at approx 2500AGL.

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, will be true!

It all depends on what I'm doing. If I'm freeflying I like to pull around 3500 to 4000 to let the other groups that before me land. If I'm doing 4-way I usually pull around 2500 - 3000 so I'll be one of the first ones down.

Generally I pull between 2000ft and 4000ft... ;)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Normal pull - 3,000
Big way pull - 2,200-2,500

Pretty much the same here. I was glad to have the extra alti on my spinning mal - had me under my reserve by 1100-1200.

I think the lowest I have ever started to pull is around 1800-1900 after a very zooish bigway with terrible tracking seperation. I don't care to go any lower.

About 3k normally - to have some nylon over my head by 2000ft to 2300ft (Spectre snivel!)

At my DZ they are not keen on people opening higher than 3500ft without warning of the JM first - but being fully open lower than 2k can be a grounding offence.:o

Hey, I paid a lot for this camopy - I want to use it!!:PB|

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.