skykittykat

New DZ.Com Record

Pretty funny all this because of a helmet

All I can say congrats, and the picture does look great. Did you get video?

Yup, this thread has given me some giggles, however, when we did the jump it was FUN and we achieved something and BTW, the east/west coast thing was not an issue.

It was a whole bunch of dz.commers having a great jump together.

Okey dokey - I am sure we can "bin" Craig if the one post rule stands and go up and do it again.

The 2 vids are fab and artistic - thanks to Duece and Greg.

Liz

With that in mind, i'd love to jump with you again Cora!! :)

Summer's coming up. I guess I can even try that whole funky, dark-side of things and re-attempt a sit with you. :D And I promise...this time if you get close, I won't take off on you. :D:D:D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

uh oh. craig never posted. record null and void!

Dennis Rook never posted either.;)

Edit...Who cares?

Also maybe HH should set a standard of rules....Seems stupid, but it would stop all the BS dead.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I am calling no record until some one can show me Craig's screen name and when he ever posted on DZ.com.

There's no posting requiement. There are many people who use this site who do not post to the forums. He has been a member for more than a year.

Only requirement: You have to be a DZ.com member in good standing. :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

If the person doesn't wish to publicly participate in the forum, why should the same person wish to participate in the DZ.com record

This is BY FAR the most logical post in this thread. I'm sorry, but the record is probably well above 20 then. Almost every skydiver I've met with a significant amount of jumps has bought or sold gear with this site. They're not a part of the community.

Why should lurkers be involved? Yeah, you can read all the time, or you could've signed up once long long ago. There's no way to tell.

This has become ridiculous. The last record was about getting together with people you "know" online and making some jumps. It was about putting faces to the names.

This record will be easy enough to break. I'll just register everyone that's on JFTC.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

The last record was about getting together with people you "know" online and making some jumps. It was about putting faces to the names.

I think most people who did the jump were glad to put faces to names.

IMHO the dz.com site is a font of information, but there is also a side to it which is dross (and I am NOT criticizing the site).

Not everybody wants to post. I won't post a reply to a question on canopy/base, etc (unless it is to say get coaching) coz I am not the best canopy pilot out there and I don't base jump.

The skydiving world is a SMALL community and every skydiver is a part of it.

I am sure that Craig and Dennis, although they haven't posted on this forum, have given more to the sport and the people in it than a majority of people on this site have ever done or will do.

I know I have posted heaps on this particular thread and it is not to defend the record, but more the spirit in which it was done.:)
Liz

IMHO the dz.com site is a font of information

Many sites are strictly information, and you don't see the people who read them getting together to celebrate it.

Without the posters, there would never be a dropzone.com record to speak of, hence I don't see the point of lurkers in a record.

your the biggest complainer here about it.

And, isn't that a personal attack? Isn't calling someone something a negative term an attack by the most common definition used here?

and be able to fly your slot...on your belly.

I've jumped with her on her belly. She flies her slot. (She just happens to kick major booty in her sit, though.)

I'm just sad that what was once a "Oh, hey! Look, we're a bunch of people that are friends online getting together to jump!" has turned into, "Look! We're technically the biggest!" Having a dropzone.com record doesn't do mcuh for anyone after the fact. However, it does defeat the purpose of a community when you include people who don't participate.

Also, just because they're famous they fall under different rules??????

Why should lurkers be involved? Yeah, you can read all the time, or you could've signed up once long long ago. There's no way to tell.

This has become ridiculous. The last record was about getting together with people you "know" online and making some jumps. It was about putting faces to the names.

I agree. Since the record doesn't mean anything beyond these forums in the skydiving world, to me, it's a "community" thing. It should involve the people who you really only know by their screen name and you have to actually ask them what their real name is once you meet them.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

IMHO the dz.com site is a font of information

Many sites are strictly information, and you don't see the people who read them getting together to celebrate it.

Without the posters, there would never be a dropzone.com record to speak of, hence I don't see the point of lurkers in a record.

I completely agree with you, Val.

How many people (some not even skydivers) registered only when they HAD to when they wanted to read the "Incidents Forum"?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Bingo. Spirit.

I suggested a Z-hills jump because I thought it'd just be fun to see how many dz.commers we could get together. That's all. I didn't expect the fights about whether a person is really considered a dz.commer or not. Silly me. :S

I'm happy the the Eloy record stands. We're going to kick their asses though. B|

Fun competition. That's what it's about. Not about checking profiles and counting posts. Who gives a shit. This isn't nationals.

Yeehaa! Go Z-hills!

Quit whining people,,,be glad you are lucky enough to have fun,,,Skymama is right, outside DZ.Com the record is worthless,,forget records, just have a blast,,,whats next the Most DZ.Com folks with Debit cards in their left pocket record? Or will it be the most with pinky rings? How about an all Hard Way? Show some spirit folks,,,team work, guys and gals work it out....Turn some points if ya know what i mean.... ;-)

wally
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

You too apparently missed my point, which I stated in a previous post

it's supposed to be friendly and the competativeness is purely jovial not like an east coast/west coast rap thing

Every time the record thread comes up, there is a wave of defensiveness that arises that is more accusatory than just fun ribbing amongst those who were involved in the past/present record. Some people take themselves far too seriously than need be and/or make mountains out of mole hills. I've jumped with you Val as well as Sunny and many others here but it has always been for the fun of the dive. I Don't like the idea of others taking something that is supposed to be fun and using it to divide people into groups or instill bad feelings.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

This is a very interesting thread. So many people upset with the possibility of loosing bragging rites to the same people they are upset with. It makes very little since to me to nit pic the rules of a record that is purportedly amongst friends. As to the issue of posting, just because one is capable of pontificating does not make them an expert at anything –:P from silence comes wisdom.:P Perhaps there is more wisdom needed to clear up this debate.

They should be able to crush the record now in AZ, you'd think they didn't want to do a formation load or something!

Formation load!B|

That's what I'd want to do if I was there.[:/]
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am