skykittykat

New DZ.Com Record

Will you guys go back and read my last post, please?

Quoting Katiebear, "You guys are killing me...

You guys can't make up new rules for the records though. Doesn't Sangiro already have record rules? I thought that everyone from the group just had to be a registered dz.commer prior to the jump.

That's what we did at Rantoul for our all female 8-way."

So... is there a separate record for most DZ.commers to biff into the main landing area at Eloy during said record attempts? :D ;)

that one i can definately get in on... ;):S

If that's the rules, then what is all the fighting for?

I have NO IDEA!!! That was why I spoke up. :S

Alright so the rules state you have to be a registered member of dz.com. Nothing is said about posts. Craig is a registered member, so therefore all is good and there is no more debate.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Agreed!! I remember a few years ago when me & Kris pulled off the dzcom record attempt after a few jumps. We got tired of all the crap. :)

BULLSHIT! your the biggest complainer here about it. Everyone else is cool with it in a jovial manner. Your last post says it all. Again, leave the drama at home and bring your ass on the next record attempt. You have to walk the walk before you can talk the talk;) and be able to fly your slot...on your belly.

BTW: on the rules, one only has to be registered on DZ.com. No # ofposts are required

Check your history. All the previous records have always had posters on them, and it was part of the record criteria before.

Not to get pissy, but I don't care if 400 people register on DZ.com and make a 400 way. If they've never posted then don't call it a DZ.com record.

I'm sorry, I thought the records were friendly competition amongst the regular dz.com community.

And as for Sunny flying on her belly, I've seen her bring it and fly hard on her belly, Lou. Don't trash her skills if you've never jumped with her.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I'm sorry, I thought the records were friendly competition amongst the regular dz.com community.

And as for Sunny flying on her belly, I've seen her bring it and fly hard on her belly, Lou. Don't trash her skills if you've never jumped with her.

Thats my point, it's supposed to be friendly and the competativeness is purely jovial not like an east coast/west coast rap thing.

And for the record, I have jumped with Sunny.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Thats my point, it's supposed to be friendly and the competativeness is purely jovial not like an east coast/west coast rap thing.

And for the record, I have jumped with Sunny.

That's my :ph34r:. ;)

Yeah, we don't need any Biggie / Tupac swoop-by shootings over this one.B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Agreed!! I remember a few years ago when me & Kris pulled off the dzcom record attempt after a few jumps. We got tired of all the crap. :)

BULLSHIT! your the biggest complainer here about it. Everyone else is cool with it in a jovial manner. Your last post says it all. Again, leave the drama at home and bring your ass on the next record attempt. You have to walk the walk before you can talk the talk;) and be able to fly your slot...on your belly.

BTW: on the rules, one only has to be registered on DZ.com. No # ofposts are required

Check your history. All the previous records have always had posters on them, and it was part of the record criteria before.

Not to get pissy, but I don't care if 400 people register on DZ.com and make a 400 way. If they've never posted then don't call it a DZ.com record.

the community is more than the forums... if you want to call it a forum record and require posts feel free... be it the bonfire, the wingsuit forum etc... each one can have their own record if they want... DZ.com is more than all of them...

I think the only person that can define "who counts" as a DZ.com member is HH... no one else's opinion matters...

...and Rosa's. I don't do anything unless Rosa says it's ok. :) ]

That's right, DAMMIT!!! >:(

:D:D:D

Bill, I'm not sure that there will be many takers for your "left-handed people named Bill" record. It may have to be a solo dive with you docking on yourself! :P

Anyone who wishes to break the "left-handed people named Bill" record, pm me for the rules. :)

But that isn't fair to those that named their left hand Bill!:S:P

on a side note - I noticed a lot of dz.com tshirts at Rantoul - I would go up to quite a few of them and asked if they posted on there and most of the time it was "well, I use it for email and to PM. I read the forums but I just never post."

ah so lurkers dont count? look at his registration date... he's been a member for a while...

i call prejudice against the strong silent types.. ;)

after all its the DZ.com record, not the forum record...:S

Hey, Zen...agreed rules are in this thread - http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1373378#1373378.

For those who are interested in the original rules, check here from 2002: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=81492;search_string=dz.com%20record%20rules;#81492

Let's stop re-inventing the rules of the dz.com record every time we get together to have fun.

One must have registered before the boogie -and- posted.

Sorry guys in Eloy....no soup for you this time around.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Bill, I'm not sure that there will be many takers for your "left-handed people named Bill" record. It may have to be a solo dive with you docking on yourself!

The current record is a 6-pt one-way. :D It would have been more, but I funnelled the exit. ;)

A few years ago, Bob Pope started the Bob-ways at WFFC. I can't remember the current record. For some reason, I always thought it was a cool event. B|

ah so lurkers dont count? look at his registration date... he's been a member for a while...

Hey, Zen...agreed rules are in this thread - http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1373378#1373378.

For those who are interested in the original rules, check here from 2002: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=81492;search_string=dz.com%20record%20rules;#81492

Let's stop re-inventing the rules of the dz.com record every time we get together to have fun.

I looked this up a while ago, and I thought that THESE WERE THE REAL DZ.COM BIG-WAY RULES as posted by Skybytch herself.

This is getting confusing.

I looked this up a while ago, and I thought that THESE WERE THE REAL DZ.COM BIG-WAY RULES as posted by Skybytch herself.

Rosa,

The link you posted was in direct response to the "TX Record" where they dirt-dived one formation and then called it a 'record' even though some people went low and never made it back in.

The RULE then was born that the record -must- be a completed slot perfect formation in the air. :^)

ltdiver

...and less than fun. I can't believe that people are seriously arguing about this. If they don't stop it, I'm going to take all my marbles and go home. :)

Yesterday, we did 10-way speed. There was a team from S. Carolina again. One year they win, one year we win.

WHOEVER wins, we tease each other all day. If we have time, we do a 20-way together. We have dinner together in the evening. Today, they stopped by zhills to jump with us. Lots of zhills people go to the Harvest Moon boogie up there. They are awesome people that we have FUN with. B|

Anyone who continues to be snippy about this stuff will be spanked. :o

One more little tid-bit. :^)

If we -were- to go by only the rules you linked to, the record wouid -still- be null and void because Rule #5 was not adhered to.

"5) A list of all jumpers on the record dive to be posted in the forums within 24 hours of the completion of the dive."

No list has of yet surfaced. And it's WAY outside of the time period now. :P

ltdiver

If we -were- to go by only the rules you linked to, the record wouid -still- be null and void because Rule #5 was not adhered to.

"5) A list of all jumpers on the record dive to be posted in the forums within 24 hours of the completion of the dive."

ltdiver

Please read the WHOLE thread. Lisa took that back. I read the thread, which is why I am posting it.

ltdiver

Please read the WHOLE thread. Lisa took that back. I read the thread, which is why I am posting it.

:)
"Re: posting after the record. Time frame is of course open - I threw out 24 hours cuz after all, we all want to know about this kind of stuff as soon as possible! I don't think the LO or the person who spearheaded the attempts needs to be the one to post it. I'd think that any person on the dive, or even someone who is not on the dive but is on site that day, could be the one to post the record." :)
quade suggested the time frame of "Tuesday night by 11:59pm the list of dz.com member names be posted". ;)

ltdiver

Hate to keep this thread going, but I truly think if you have to register someone the day before to get the numbers (as per the rules) its kinda sad. I know that it wasnt the case this time.

Not everyone of them feels the need to publicly participate in the forums, but have still read, learned from, laughed at, or otherwise used the resources (articles, email, pms, classifieds, galleries etc...which btw includes the forums) to become better, safer skydivers.

If the person doesn't wish to publicly participate in the forum, why should the same person wish to participate in the DZ.com record. Damn I have over 50 posts now (most crap) and still do not consider myself a dz.commer.

I just think if you have to get people who are technically a member, but others dont agree then is it worth it. On the other hand if this person hangs out with most dz.com ppl IRL then its kinda blurry. My thought is if most people who jumped thought the person was a dz.commer then more than likely he is part of the community. If you had to think about it for a while, then its probably not the case.

Pretty funny all this because of a helmet ;)

All I can say congrats, and the picture does look great. Did you get video?