grlsgotalot2lrn

What did you give up for skydiving

Getting involved in skydiving almost guarantees you are going to have to give something up. So. what was it for you - financial stability;), wuffo friends:S, that new car you were eyeingB|, etc. ? what has been your biggest sacrifice/lifestyle change you've made for skydiving?

Demerol.:o One of the things constantly on my mind during rehab was=if I lose my job, I won't be able to jump again.

I gave up my social life, but also gained a different social life at the dz. Now on saturday nights I am either too tired to go out because I've been jumping all day, or too poor to go out cause I spent all my money jumping. My friends get a little tired of it! Skydivers have good parties anyway, so it's not so bad!

You just have to decide what means more to you. Personally I dont really feel as if I've 'sacrificed' anything for skydiving because I have gained so much aswell, including my wonderful boyfriend who I never would have met if I hadnt started jumping! :)
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

Time, consuming most of most weekends until I met my soul mate and at least one day most weekends after. I don't snowboard any more. My motorcycle has sat in the garage awaiting engine work for a few years. My Chevy powered Toyota Land Cruiser runs but still needs a carb rebuild and new power steering box. The walls and ceilings inside have missing drywall from the home theater project (but I _can_ watch movies). I've wanted the room my sister painted blue to be an off white for a few years.

Well I don't know if this counts but o well. a kinda gave up a real high school, a few friends, and I look forward to loosing alot I mean alot of cash in the future but I expect to gain a hole lot more in return.

Andrew

I don't care about fame I just want people to know my name qote ( Andrew Cebuhar)

the thread is dead

...and I look forward to loosing a lot,
I mean alot of cash in the future, but ~
I expect to gain a hole...

Now THAT'S a skydiving joke!
:ph34r:

"I regret that I have but one WIFE to give..."
/:o\

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

i dont see it in terms of giving up anything, my priorities in life have changed so i have started wanting different things, i have lost a relationship or two but i have gained less superficial ones, i have lost a night of sleep or two but i have gained the kinds of memories that people dream about with that sleep, ive spent a few dollars but i have gained something that most people cant with such a small amount of money, i have gained a measure of happiness in life. plus a new family the world over.

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

...and I look forward to loosing a lot,
I mean alot of cash in the future, but ~
I expect to gain a hole...

Now THAT'S a skydiving joke!
:ph34r:

"I regret that I have but one WIFE to give..."
/:o\

only one hole na man im going to golf the whole 18 holes

I don't care about fame I just want people to know my name qote ( Andrew Cebuhar)

the thread is dead

I started jumping last summer right after graduating highschool...its hard to believe the months have flown by...well anyway I have given up trips to Europe with all the money I have spent on AFF and renting gear etc..., time with my family, and now that I am in college I have given up volunteer work and partying in order to work multiple jobs to save money for gear...

When I'm in freefall I realize that its all worth it because I am doing what I enjoy and I am not sitting on a couch like the rest of my family and friends
-Tammy, Pink Mafia Sister #190
Pink Mafia Tunnel Sister #20

Money, my degree, money, that reeeeely nice maverick guitar and 5-string bass I was eyeing up at the time and have done ever since, and a few friends. And the rest of the money.

I didn't really give them up, though, I just traded them in for some jumps, a rig, different friends and some of the best experiences of my life so far - and I think it's a fair trade!

Durham University Freefall Club

Grounds For Divorce website (band I'm in)

Currently I am giving up any hobby that is hard on my body, besides skydiving. I went snowboarding recently and my back is still sore. If I'm going to hurt myself (and I don't intend to) then I'd rather it be skydiving. So I am giving up snowboarding, surfing, and I already sold my motorcycle.

Skydiving is better than any other hobby I have ever done or could ever conceive of doing. I want to take care of my body so I can jump as long as my heroes in the sport have, like Mike McGowan, or Bill Booth, or Brian Germaine, or Raff at Hollister, or really any of the guys that have been jumping for a decade or two and have several thousand jumps...

Giving up those other hobbies for skydiving is totally worth the trade off.

Brad
"What kind of man would live a life without daring? Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure? Is there a better way to die?"
- Charles Lindberg August 26th, 1938