RockHard

Why do Tandem Instructors complain all day?

I think the tandem masters that complain are the ones who are still living in fairy land.

The tandem masters who do not complain, are those who went into it with their eyes open
an knew what to expect, they deserve respect as the unsung heroes. along with the rest of the people
who made skydiving a part of their lives without complaining

I never became a TM as I was not prepared to give it 100%

Gone fishing

Yesterday someone asked me if I fun jump anymore ...

I stared back at the never-diminishing pile of rigging in my loft ....

Just trying to scrape up the bucks for a wingsuit.
This guy in Europe has exactly the suit I want ...
I just have to decide whether to pay off my credit cards or mail him $800.
decisions ...
decisions ...
decisions ...

decisions ...
decisions ...
decisions ...

Rob,

Gee, the answer seems obvious.. Just send the $ :P

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

That is an awesome pic. I hope you dont mind but I'm using it as my desktop. It would be way cool if you had it in a higher resolution.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

You left out. .. . . .

"Because they always get the fat passenger."

actually its cause "they always get the fat SWEATY passenger".... :P

(or get puked on- ask livendive) heheh

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

very true!

i allso think they complain just because they can,

i like doing tandems and find the day goes buy to fast if i am happy and sending out possitive vibs,

the sollution to having people complain around you is prevention! as such i have designed a set of ear protectors that will filter out complaints to a range 0f 50 ft all round me,

they work great B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

dont let the wingers get you down smile and be nice this realy upsets them

That is simple, if $800 will cover the cards, pay'em off. The surplus of suits will be there. Actually there will be more as people dump what they have for the latest and greatest new thang going instead of flying what they have now to work up their skills.

But Rob, my perception is from the fact that I have been a clearing house for good quality used suits and for the last three years have had no less than three in the bag, sometimes more.

RockHard

That is a sweet sunset picture....like everyone else has asked....If ya have a higher res pic I would also be interested in a copy for the desktop...

PM'd ya my email

thanks

===============================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Man, I wish you guys could have seen that sunset too. It was a high hop n pop over Skydive Hawaii. SWEET!!!!!!! We'll have a photo gallery soon at www.gravitypimps.com ( currently under construction )
Life is good, CReW Skies and have fun!!!!!!

How many tandems are these guys doing to be too burnt out for fun jumps? Are they packing the tandems?

On average I would say our TI's can do around 10 tandems in a weekend and still find the time and energy to do 10-15 even maybe 20 more fun jumps in a weekend, and they still have the energy to lift their beer Sunday night.

Edited to say: I'm not saying they aren't burnt out, just that fun jumping is way more fun than sitting on the ground bitching... suck it up and sleep in the plane.
Oh yeah, we don't have quick turbine airplanes and carpeted air conditioned packing areas either.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

You left out. .. . . .

:P

Oh please. Looking at some tandem passengers I am seriously thinking that I might want to get a TM rating when I get older ;);) Where all these cuties come from?

If they are complaining, maybe it's time for them to do something else.

BTW, I agree with what the other posters have said about your picture. Very nice.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You left out. .. . . .

:P

Oh please. Looking at some tandem passengers I am seriously thinking that I might want to get a TM rating when I get older ;);) Where all these cuties come from?

For every cutie I take, I probably get 4-5 guys. I really don't mind, but some TM's are notorious for swooping every babe and never taking a big guy. You'll have to be fast.:P

It's nice to not be greedy, but share with your coworkers.

For every cutie I take, I probably get 4-5 guys.

Along with those 4-5 guys there's the 3-4 flow-ers as well.

Eitherway, its great to be a TI, its a fun way to make money, not only that, but its just fun skydiving.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

No kiddin', honest , ya gotta lift your feet up, come on, just give it all ya got"

My line for the students with the lazy legs is "if you don't keep your feet up, you will stop before I do, that means that all of my weight plus this 50lbs rig will go through then over you on landing...if you're lucky you'll only break an ankle, so how about you keep your legs up until and unless I say 'stand up, feet down'."

That tends to wake up the students that are still bullshitting around and not taking things seriously.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."