Mike111

Most expensive bit of gear you have lost?

I lost (well, got stolen from a backpackers) my Sony PC120 in Cape Town after having it for only 2 weeks from new, £1100 gone but managed to claim on the house insurance and got it all back. On Christmas day too!!

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

I know a guy who had his camera cleaned off by a riser strike. He never recovered it. More than one person who has lost a cut away main permanently.

I also know a couple of jumpers who lost their entire rigs after landing. You've got to be careful where you land, and make sure you aren't delivering anything.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

my camera helmet came off in freefall at the WFFC this year. the helmet is somewhat jumpable, but i dont know if i trust it too much with the big ol cracks on the back of it. my pc-105 is completely trashed. so was my lens obviously. the tape was recovered but it's nothing worth viewing. just a big blue sky for a minute and a half of freefall, then it cuts out.

$800 camera
$50 lens
$300 helmet (ehh, too dangerous to jump it much longer)

total: $1150ish :S

My baby daughter tossed a pair of goggles into my canopy, which got packed in and fell out on opening. Other than that, not a darn thing, although a freebag took 8 months to find it's way home to me. :S

My wife had an Alti-2 altimeter stolen on the 4th of July at the DZ a few years ago. If that's all that gets stolen in the next 30 years, I'll be happy.

Ouch!

others on here may know the story but I am a newbie, please do tell

Newbie skydiver. Forgot to put my goggles down. Lost my prosthetic eye in freefall. [:/]

Never even tried to search for it....Can still imagine if anyone was to come upon it in future years.....:D

It's been 9 years since then....Never forgot to put my goggles in place after that! :$

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

My mind...my heart...my soul...I keep looking for it in the the place I lost it - the sky; I find them for brief moments (60 seconds at a time) and that's enough for me.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

About 6 years ago, I set my Factory Diver on the floor between my feet in a Skyvan and after hitting some turbulence, it rolled out the door with my dytter in it at about 7K. I never recovered it. [:/]

Glad I'm not the only one with a similar predicament... I lost my protec helmet and brand new $30 goggles (don't remember the brand name) which had never been jumped yet, out of the Skyvan at Z-hills back in 1996. I was sitting next to the wall (no benches) and had the helmet wedged between my leg and the wall. My buddy taps my shoulder. I turn around to talk, a minute later another jumper sitting across from me tells me something. I ask him to repeat, he says "your helmet just went out the gap at the door!" I turn to where it was supposed to be, then out to the door in disbelief, then I look through the gap and find we're over the city... fuck fuck fuckity fuck.... Never did hear anything about it or see it again...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Never lost much at the DZ, or at least stuff showed up after a while, only a Go-Fast longsleeve remained lost, and a cable here and there. But this year I've "lost": remote for Sony handycam, GPS unit, Carrera sunglasses (out of the showers!), Manfrotto quick release topplate & special screw, 2 A/V cables, a handy small screwdriver that was on my keychain, and a camerabag.

Not funny, and if I see my Carrera anywhere >:(>:(>:(

ciel bleu,
Saskia