Thanatos340

USPA - Jan Meyer Impeachment??

Fact One-Skyride is unethical, commits fraud on a regular basis, and is an organization filled with scumbags and cheats.
Fact Two-Fact One doesn't impact how the USPA represents the skydiving world. USPA doesn't regulate commerce.

Then we clean out the board, get rid of the group member program and vote Jan back in.

This is KEY!

Fact 3 - Someone on the BOD used the influence of their position for the means of negatively affecting the commerce of the members of it's own organization. (JUDGE, JURY, EXECUTIONER)

Whether it is morally right or wrong, it is grounds for removal. No organization can be allowed to accept this kind of behaviour from it's executive members.

Whether it is morally right or wrong, it is grounds for removal. No organization can be allowed to accept this kind of behaviour from it's executive members.

If something unethical and most likely illegal is going on and an elected official has knowledge of it and does NOT do anything then you can get into REAL trouble.

Exposing Fraud going within the organization that someone is elected to represent is protected by whistle blower statutes. In fact if the USPA does move forward with this, Jan may have a pretty good case for her own lawsuit.

No organization can be allowed to accept this kind of behaviour from it's executive members.

No organization should sit by while the members of its executive committee are knowingly doing business with an organization KNOWN to defraud the general public.

If something unethical and most likely illegal is going on and an elected official has knowledge of it and does NOT do anything then you can get into REAL trouble.

Exposing Fraud going within the organization that someone is elected to represent is protected by whistle blower statutes. In fact if the USPA does move forward with this, Jan may have a pretty good case for her own lawsuit.

This is bordering on ridiculous. There is no fraud taking place within the USPA. Whether there is or isn't fraud taking place within Skyride (we both believe there is) isn't the USPA's place, it's the State of Georgia's place, and they've undertaken action. Until Georgia wins or loses their case, it's not for USPA to comment upon.

In any event, the BOD is aware of whatever their responsibilities are to the membership, and their misguided expulsion of the Skyride DZ's is what got them into this situation in the first place. Having a board member be a maverick isn't in the best interests of the BOD, the members of the USPA, nor the industry. Having met *most* of the BOD at either PIA or other events, I think *most* of them are very decent, honest, dedicated people.

The bottom line is that during and following the litigious process, Jan made public postings and then made derogatory postings about the USPA an Skyride after receiving notice from the USPA legal team. This is not in dispute by anyone that I'm aware of. If it is, then use the SEARCH tool as I did a few days back. In a corporate setting, that would be (typically) grounds for termination. C'mon J, you know this stuff!

It is absolutely absurd to think that Jan was exposing corruption within the USPA BOD. Jan may be pissed about the outcome of a legal situation the USPA should never have found themselves in, but on the whole, BOD responsibility is to the organization's members. It's debatable whether the majority of the members of the USPA give a shit about the lawsuit, so long as the USPA continues to serve the general and legal needs of the skydiving community. If you're looking to DZ.com as a representative group of the entire USPA...then your basis is extremely flawed. If you really believe Jan has an "extremely good case for a lawsuit" then offer up the cash. I don't believe any board member would have any grounds for legal action if they're removed from the board by a vote based upon preponderance of viable evidence or not. It's an industry organization.

No organization should sit by while the members of its executive committee are knowingly doing business with an organization KNOWN to defraud the general public.

Have they been yet convicted of fraud? Have they yet had their business license revoked by the State of Georgia? No. Therefore, they are not "known" to be anything but another skydive business. They're believed to perpetrate fraud, most intelligent/rational people know they commit fraud, but no judicial body has yet found that they do. Therefore the USPA cannot judge them as such either, and cannot/should not take any action against them as a group, until a judicial body decides otherwise. And at this point, they can't do much to them if it is ever determined Skyride is a fraudulent business.

Is it against DZ.com policy to start a thread naming the people in bed with skyride and those taking actions that are detrimental to the sport? If it is I will personally start up a website naming the people responsible for these actions.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Those group members (...) PAY her to represent them.

I'm sorry, I missed this earlier, and when someone quoted it later I picked up on it.

Are you saying you think USPA BOD members are paid? ...that it is a paid position?

I don't know if it is paid position or not.. but the group members pay for the organization to represent them. The BOD works for said organization. That's what I meant.

I'm not saying that the BOD should sit idly (sp?) by whilst one of it's members goes on to commit fraud.

For one if its directors to go on their own and publicly try to destroy the reputation of that member (which were doing a good job of it themselves already, but beside the point) before they have been convicted of anything.. especially while there are lawsuits pending, is extremely bad form.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Nope, you can post anything you want that does not violate the rules of the forums but you are responcible for the content of your posts.

If you look around there was a list of DZ's that Skyride works with posted at one point.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Im not looking for a list of DZ's, I want specific individual names, the DZO's of those dz's, the USPA exec members who let skyride in, the USPA board members who are in with skyride and want jan impeached. I want NAMES. Ben and carey are a good start. PM me with names if you dont want to post them here.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

>the USPA board members who are in with skyride and want jan impeached.

Keep in mind that there may well people who are very much against Skyride, _and_ want to impeach the person that helped Skyride win the suit.

I like Jan, but her actions may have given Skyride ammunition in the USPA lawsuit. If your list is to be a list of people who have helped/supported Skyride, her name would seem to be a good choice.

(edited to be clearer about the uncertainties involved)

I like Jan, but her actions may have given Skyride ammunition in the USPA lawsuit If your list is to be a list of people who have helped/supported Skyride, her name would seem to be a good choice.

http://MakeItHappen.com/jumps/review/cedartown.html

http://funjumper.com/skyride/

Well I don't know her, she maybe the biggest rage'n bitch on the planet for all I know, however I find it somewhat chicken shit (read cowardly) that the FULL BOD was all on board with the "public service announcement" and even stated in print October 2004 Parachutist Capitol Commentary the views of the USPA on the skyride scam.

After more review of the websites owned and made up by Jan, she has done a good job of pointing out and backing up the facts of how misleading and fake websites are set up to "fool the public", we all know the the real deal here! As a member of USPA in good standing for over 15 years, I find that she is just the type of person we need on the bod, even if she is a rage'n bitch, or not! I would much rather have someone to take a stand on fake ripoff con artist, then a long standing member of the "GK good old boy" network who sends out a bullshit investigator to look into membership complaints and remain the only one who's "privy" to the written report (I see a track record here) and then because he didn't like what the report said, it was destroyed and that "big midwest investigation" (an all expense paid skydive vacation for one Mr. Tom Welgos to skydive with his old army buddies and kiss ass on behalf of Mr. Bangs to a few DZO's) was paid for out of "our" dues. And people wonder why the GM DZ inspection didn't work. (It's called the lack of honesty with in the BOD & HQ with the long term names for the last 20 years!)

You know as one of the persons named in the report that Mr.Bangs choose to destroy and not produce for the membership to see, (and the membership had a right to know) after wasting their money. I can tell you as a member in good standing of the USPA, that it's a good thing that Mr. Bangs didn't release the "false report" because myself and the other named parties would have sued the living shit out of the USPA and I would still do so today in a heart beat, if I could get a copy of what "was reported". I would also support Jan in doing the same if need be.

Mr Bangs has a history of being a self centered fuck nut who will jump right on board the bandwagon as long as it's stroking his ego and those of his buddies and for gods sake good thing we've had to put up with all his bullshit all these years because we'd all still be jumping rocks. His has proven beyond a shadow of doubt to many of us he will stab you in the back as you walk away, if he don't like what you have to say about his buddy, regardless of the truth and he will do his best to sweep it under the rug and keep it "under wraps" unless there is a good person to hang out. IMHO!

The EC, Bangs, Stokes, Butcher, Doc Lee, Mr.Smith, & Worth now need an escape route, I mean the official stance in Oct. 04 was no more out of line then Jan's website, hell those sites live in cyberspace and didn't get mailed to 25 thousand people to read, you have to go look for it!

All of the names above On the EC have an agenda, well maybe not Scott, IDK, the rest of them all have an agenda. Do I know what those agendas are? No I don't, but I bet,

Stokes, well that is an easy one.

Doc Lee who the fuck knows, but I bet it's an upper crust ego stroke and keeping those skyride dollars rolling in to his bank account, other wise he would have dropped them or stepped down.

Mr. Smith, don't know shit about him, so I can't say.

Worth, anything that keeps him looking good in the "hollywood spotlight" and as Mr. World record L.O. guy is good for his pocketbook and ego and there for good for skydiving.

Bangs, who the fuck really knows, pretty sure I've covered my thoughts of him in detail.

Ms. Butcher, well another DZO and that is a agenda all on it's own. I really don't know what make out of her interest in serving "US", I have known her for a number of years in passing and she has always seemed to be by the book. However the way she came to office has a direct tie to the "midwest report" Bangs destroyed and she was given the RD seat when the crooked RD the membership turned in, was proven to be a fake and a fraud and "puppet" for one regional dzo. So she was put in the seat, the same as we will now have a new replacement for one Kip Lowmiller now that he has done the right thing stepped down and a person will need to be found to fill his seat.

One can only guess as to who Mr. Bangs & Stokes will be pulling for along with Ms. butcher, all of whom clearly supported Mr. Lowmiller and now have egg on their face.

The rest of the BOD,

Mr. Hills agenda is how to keep his world class dz a "hole in the fence" operation and keeping the city off his back and making Skyride go away and keeping the nationals coming back to his DZ.

Mike Mullins, Not sure his agenda other flying his KA, I like him and I voted for him each time, he has always been good to me, however he is a DZO and that is the one strike.

I don't know and can't say much about the others, other then they have been on board awhile now along with Farrington, Laughlin, Goswiz DeSantis, and one of them is a DZO.

Peek, I never met with, but I have talked with him a number of times, he seem to be above board and by the book, I consider him one of the good ones.

The freshman BOD members I have no problem with (not counting Kip) over all, but they are RD's so that has little impact on me over all. One of the good ones has expressed to me he will not seek the seat again and may not fill out the term due to being sick of the bullshit and the bullshitters, and thats the southeast region's memberships loss.

It is long past time that the USPA get back to being about skydivers, all skydivers! Not just the ex-military whoopee doos and team bullshit coupled with the interest of the DZO's sitting on the BOD, just look at all of them. 6 out of 22 seats and 3 of those in the big seats.

Hill-DZO
Mullins-DZO
Butcher-DZO
Spillers-DZO
Farrington-DZO
Doc Lee-DZO

When you take the time to look at the info contained in the sites by Jan it is clear that it was put out with as much known documentation and facts and yes even copies the fake websites and photos. Kicking her off because they folded is wrong IMO. Now kicking out all of them and starting over fresh with a new set of people who make NO MONEY at all from jumping and own NO DZ's or Companies that do business in the skydiving industry, would be the best for all.

Regardless of how any of you feel about Jan's actions in regards to skyride scam and her posts and websites, she has really done very little to hurt USPA when compared to the damage that letting back in the scumbags of Cary & Ben will do in the long run. It sould be quite clear to the masses that it is way past time for a major change from the top down and even tho I like and have voted and would still support some of those DZO's as friends, I can no longer support them as an elected BOD member and I will be voting for all new ND's in a sweep and hope many of you do the same. If it's time for Jan to go, then it's time for all of them to GO!

Then again as my wife said when talking about all this, "What difference dose it make, USPA is a joke, anyway!" See ya @ the polls........:S;)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

>Well I don't know her, she maybe the biggest rage'n bitch on the planet for all I know . . .

I do know her pretty well, and she's not a "rage'n bitch" as you so tactfully put it.

>I would much rather have someone to take a stand on fake ripoff con artist . . .

So would I, and would prefer that person over someone who helps ripoff artists win lawsuits against USPA. I think Jan was well intentioned, but did exactly the wrong thing with her posts mocking and attacking Skyride.

In other words, I'd prefer someone who can help get an organization like Skyride shut down over someone who talks a good game but ends up helping them.

As usual, I'd encourage people to call their regional directors and show up at the next meeting to get a better view of the issue and to make your opinion known.

I am currently compiling a list of all of the senior members of the USPA. Names and the persons contribution and or affiliation with any and all skydiving related companies will be listed. This is being done for the full BOD and Executive Committee. If you have any info you wish to contribute send me a message.
- Homer Simpson

The Executive committie is as follows.
Vice President: Jay Stokes
Secretary: Sherry Butcher
Treasurer: Lee Schlichtemeier
Member at Large: Scott Smith
Chairman of the Board: BJ Worth

Any and Everything people know about these people and their affiliations with everyone would be extremely helpful. Message me if you have something.
- Homer Simpson

The Executive committie is as follows.
Vice President: Jay Stokes
Secretary: Sherry Butcher
Treasurer: Lee Schlichtemeier
Member at Large: Scott Smith
Chairman of the Board: BJ Worth

Any and Everything people know about these people and their affiliations with everyone would be extremely helpful. Message me if you have something.

Purpose being?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Potential conflicts of interest, to identify and make it known to everyone in the skydiving community who they are. In general trying to identify and isolate those people from the rest of the community.
- Homer Simpson

Why does being a DZO make someone bad for the BOD?

Being a DZO that accepts Skyride tickets, and helps to keep them going by using their pull in the USPA... that's a different story all together.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Not sure if anyone saw this or really even cares but the agenda was updated on the 18th. The action item is now:

8. New Business
A. Recommendation of the Executive Committee in the Matter of the Removal of Jan Meyer for Just Cause.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Why does being a DZO make someone bad for the BOD?

The assertion is that it creates a conflict of interest. Of course, for that to occur, there would have to be some sort of 'struggle' between DZOs and jumpers.

I'm not sure how there could be a 'struggle', as DZs are private enterprises, and nobody is forced to have anything to do with any of them. If you don't like a DZ or DZO, you just don't go there, it's just like dry cleaners, pizza shops or grocery stores.

The truth is that DZOs make for great RDs or BOD members because there are not that many people who can afford the time and expense that those positions require.

Being on the BOD means donating your time to USPA business, and spending your own money to travel to the meetings.

The real problem is finding people to fill the seats. It's common for the elections to have only one or even no cadidates in some regions. Lets exclude DZOs from the next election, and see what were left with.

Sometimes nothing is better than something.

What's the main concern with DZOs being on the BOD? They clearly have an interest in seeing skydiving survive, more of an interest than another person who does not feed their family via skydiving. What would they be doing to threaten their livelyhood?

In terms of the Skyride situation, it may be true that some of the DZOs on the BOD accpet Skyride certs at their DZ. Let's keep in mind that in the beginning, Skyride seemed like a great idea. Signing up in the early days cannot be held against anyone.

Staying with Skyride? That might be a shitty thing to do, but due to the way that Skyride operates, a DZO stands to lose a good piece of business by cutting their ties with them. Maybe even enough to risk the financial health of their DZ all together.

I know of some DZ that accpet Skyride, and it's a solid third of their business. If any one of these DZ were to lose a third of their business, they would have to close up shop.

Lets keep in mind that Skyride doesn't bring new business into skydiving, they just intercept the existing business that is seeking a DZ in their area. Skyride is, in effect, taking control of a portion of the customer base, the same customer base these DZ pulled from before Skyride came along. If they were to drop Skyride, they would lose this portion of their customer base.

It's my understading that DZOs who do business with Skyride excused themselves during that portion of the BOD meetings. What more can you expect?

Let's keep in mind that the BOD positions are not paying gigs. You're already getting their time and money (for travel) for free, do you really expect them to risk their livelyhood by dropping 1/3 of their tandem business?

To that end, do you really think that they are happy with Skyride? With the crooks they turned out to be after these people 'got into bed' with them? Do you think these DZOs are happy about paying a 20% commision to Skyride, when they expected Skyride would be bringing new business in, only to find that Skyride was simply intercepting the customers already looking for a local DZ?

Lets get real people. None of these people on the BOD are independently wealthy, none of them are looking to, or even able to, make great personal gains via the USPA.

Does anyone really think that any of these people sat down five years ago, and mapped out thier rise to power? These are people who cared about skydivign enough to make it their livelyhood for one, and then went the next step to offer their time and money to help run the USPA.

Finally, in terms of the things they do that appear to be geared toward making DZOs more money, good for them. We need the DZOs to make as much money as possible. I, for one, love jumping out of a million dollar aircraft, but I'm not crazy about the idea of acutally paying 1/20 the cost every time I go up. It's all the other money the DZ makes, that allows me to buy a slot for $20-something all day long.

The assertion is that it creates a conflict of interest.

There usually is a conflict of interest. A number of BOD members are quite good about not letting this affect their decision making, but the conflict of interest still exists.

The real problem is finding people to fill the seats. It's common for the elections to have only one or even no candidates in some regions. Lets exclude DZOs from the next election, and see what were left with.

There would probably be many more candidates, because members would know that they do not need to compete with another candidate that is an incumbent, already well known (from a skydiving related business perhaps), has a turbine aircraft to fly around to various drop zones, or whose face is seen in USPA publications.

It would be no problem finding people to fill the seats if DZO's were excluded.

Unless the average member has a lot of time and money to run for the position to prove a point or to raise awareness of an issue, they normally will not run if they don't think they have a chance.

Unless the average member has a lot of time and money to run for the position to prove a point or to raise awareness of an issue, they normally will not run if they don't think they have a chance.

I think even if the seats were just offered, no election required, I'm not sure how many people would have the time and money to donate towards doing the job properly.

Especially with the internet, running for a seat is easier than ever. You can get easily get your platform known to a large number of people.

Critisizm of the BOD is nothing new to the internet. Rec. and DZ.com have always had their share of anti-BOD chatter going on. Despite this, the make up of the candidates has changed very little.

These are still elections, and still won by the majority. We all know the turn out is always dismal, and a well run internet campaign could easily reach enough people to make the difference. For christ sake, this thread in itself is a great indicator of the power the web can have in terms of getting a message out, and this is just a general posting. Imagine the damage a cadidiate could do with a well organized and focused effort.

Wth all this, we still see the same type of candidate, year in and year out.