Thanatos340

USPA - Jan Meyer Impeachment??

I just saw on the USPA website that the USPA has scheduled impeachment proceedings Jan Meyer at the upcoming Meeting.

Since we (the general membership) elected her, do we have any say in this matter?

How do we as the general membership start Impeachment Proceedings against CORRUPT officials in the Executive Committee?

Edited to correct spelling of name.

Dont know..

Adgenda just says:

New Business
A. Impeachment proceedings re: Jan Meyer.

But my wild ass guess is that it has to do with her outspoken stance on Skyride and the fact the members of our Executive committee are Firmly in bed with Skyride. But that is just my opinion and may be wrong.

Hey, according to USPA, its a safe sport, membership is up, everything looks good through their rose-colored glasses ... and they don't like her anymore.
If she gets impeached, I'm giving up my lifetime membership to USPA ... oh wait, those fuckers at USPA already terminated it 30-some years ago.
Oh well. guess the good-ole-boys network is gonna do what it damn well pleases ... again.
Zing Lurks

But my wild ass guess is that it has to do with her outspoken stance on Skyride and the fact the members of our Executive committee are Firmly in bed with Skyride. But that is just my opinion and may be wrong.

That would be the final straw.. and ANY of them that voted in favor of Skydire need to be voted out on the next election. That crap has got to stop.. We the members elect them to represent us... the members . The conflict of interest is highly disturbing to me.
If they are only voting to enrich themselves.. they have got to go.>:(>:(

Are you that sure that this is true of all the executive board members? Is that part fact or opinion?
Owned by Remi #?

The USPA Executive committee has us by the short curly`s and they know it.

If you want to skydive, You must belong to their organization. There is no alternative for the vast majority of us.

They will continue to do as they please, a few people will rant about it but in the end.. They can do anything they want and there is nothing we as the membership can do about it. Right?

How else could the executive Committee that is firmly in bed with skyride be the ones that settled the skyride lawsuit (can anyone say "Conflict of Interest") and now impeach the most outspoken member of BOD against skyride.

But.. hey.. Everything is GREAT for the USPA. Just read the press release. right?

Why do you think she has been working so hard on the online voting, so we can have an easier way to get rid of her.......NOT!

I sure hope a BUNCH of membership will see the light now, it's way past time for Glenn Bangs to GO with others!
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

There has been a suggestion that those of us who are going to the meeting, are against Skyride, and own the "NO Skyride" t-shirt wear them to the meetings, at least at some point. I'll be bringing mine. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

How do we as the general membership start Impeachment Proceedings against CORRUPT officials in the Executive committee?

You are not the 1st person I have heard suggest this. The USPA handbook or rules or something like that are up someplace on their website. I had downloaded it and printed it out for some light reading, but it's at home. I'll try and do some research tonight.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

the PDF was created On Jan 14th 2008 at 11:51 am
When It was post I don't know but it is a very recent document.

I have never meet her but have seen the information she has compiled about skyride on her site and the many trusted people speaking highly of her says a lot, this disturbs me alot as a member.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I don't know any details, but it seems no one else does either. I think there is waaay to much jumping the gun here. Just because it is on the agenda, doesn't mean it has a chance.

Also, I want to say again that if you don't like your elected official, vote them out. Heck, impeach them if you want to. As for me, I know that I can contact my regional director and get some real information, rather than rumor mongering.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Fact: Impeachment Proceedings for Jan are on the BOD Agenda.

Fact: Jan Meyer has been very outspoken about Skyride and their unethical Business practices.

Fact: At least one member of the Executive committee is a Skyride supporter and affiliate.

Fact: The USPA Executive Committee just settled a lawsuit with Skyride.

You draw your conclusions from that, I will draw mine.

Fact: Impeachment Proceedings for Jan are on the BOD Agenda.

It does look that way, but I figured I'd wait to hear something official until I made that assumption and discovered later that it might be only that she has proposed changes to the impeachment process and they are to be dicussed.
Owned by Remi #?

In the end, a couple of people may not renew their membership out of protest, a few of those may even send a letter/e-mail to USPA explaining why. But nothing will change and since those people won't be able to skydive anymore, their voice won't be heard at the DZ. It won't be enough members to financially impact USPA, so they don't care and would rather have dissenting voices gone anyway. People want to skydive and since USPA hasn't done anything directly to them, they will send in their annual dues and continue to skydive. Making a post here will also do absolutely nothing. Skydivers simply don't care for the most part enough to vote with what counts, money. Therefore nothing will change.

Derek

USPA had no business engaging in a lawsuit that could not possibly be won and really had no basis in law. How much did settling a lawsuit that should never have been brought to begin with cost the USPA?

I don't like Skyride either, and their ethics makes my skin crawl, but the situation was handled extremely poorly (and apparently expensively) by USPA.

I don't know how much Jan was involved in pushing the lawsuit forward, but if she was the driving force behind it (Big IF... I don't know), then that could be grounds for impeachment.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda