Pitbull83

Skydiving Tattoo

I have a skydiving tattoo also.The best way is to figure out what do you like to do in skydiving if it is belly ,freefly,or ect. go to a artist and tell him or her what you are looking for and they will come up with something.
;)

That's PSUCory's "skydance" drawing.

And lovely it is. Do you reckon he could be talked into doing one for relworkers though?

(DISCLAIMER: Not necessarily looking for a skydiving tat myself. Just thought an 8-way star would look pretty in that style...)

Oh, also: a certain instructor I met has (I think) "Team AFF" on one of his arms... that's dedication to your job.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Yeah fair one?

I thought Freefly was ment to be 3D flight encompassing a multitude of positions. refering to the pizza man is when your lower wing is ( in this case the arms) is pushed lower than the CofG but hey what do I know? Im pretty sure that dont feature in the art work. In fair ness I would say the figure is just flying palms up with slight Daffy?

Who Knows though. Im probably just doing it wrong! Hahaha.

Whatever you put on your body, remember it needs to either deliberately mark a time in your life you want to preserve

Yeah - the datedness of the depicted equipment could also be a plus, in the "wow, he's oldskool!" sense. Like when people sit around talking about shot-and-a-halfs and swapping Scary Stories From The Old Days... actually seeing someone with a blast handle tattooed on their stomach when such things were current would be kind of cool.

After reading this thread and thinking I didn't want a skydiving tat, I now think I will - when I celebrate jump #500 :P
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

you could do what I did and just put the word... not the smartest thing I ever thought of but definently not the stupidest either...

Thats kool.. but i reckon you have had gone with "Sky Chica" in some fancy writing that would be nice.:D

After reading this thread last night I got a bit of the inspiration to have a new tattoo and fancied the simplicity of the two curved closing pins in a yin yang stylee and sketched it out (drawing round the pin off my necklace) didnt think much about it his morning but jumping was cancelled and I headed into town for lunch.

Well I happened to pass the tattoo shop so popped in to enquire on cost and next available appointment half an hour and £25 later I left the shop with a new piece of art on my arm and 3 guys wanting info on how to start jumping

I think Tonto makes very good points:

Whatever you put on your body, remember it needs to either deliberately mark a time in your life you want to preserve, or be timeless enough to stay in vougue for a lifetime.

I decided to go with "mark a time in your life you want to preserve," and got blue and yellow stars across my lower back. They match my jumpsuits and gear; of course I picked that motif for my gear in the first place because I've always liked stars.

So, I saved a bit of skydiving and a bit of my childhood at the same time.

I had about 400 jumps at the time, and I knew that if I never made another skydive again, I would always like my tat and the memories. I think that's an important question to ask yourself as well. Will I want this ten years after my last jump?

Ya I noticed that too... I was going to say, wait on the tattoo 6 months to make sure A) you still want a tat, and B) to make sure you are still skydiving...:P

For some of us the fun of skydiving never goes away.... For some of (you) (not necessarily those in this thread), you will quit before your 50th jump...

But then again, if you have jumped (other than tandem), you are in our group, so there is nothing wrong with marking your body with a skydiving symbol... (Now, if you never have jumped and just wanted a skydiving tat, well, that would be like wearing a NSync Tee Shirt to a Back Street Boys concert).

I second that!

I waited 14 years and 1300 jumps and finally I tat'd my arm...

I will take a photo and post it here later... if anybody is still watching this defunct thread...
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

This dude at my dropzone has cutaway and reserve handles tattooed on his side where they would be. He also has a cypress on the back of his neck where it would go. It is a bit extreme but still pretty cool.

:D That's kinda like being a professional driver and having a seatbelt tattooed across your gut!
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

I got this one to celebrate the 30th anniversary of my 1st jump. It is the emblem of "Them ToadSuckers", a brotherhood of CRW jumpers.

Great if you do CRW.
Or suck Toads...;)