jephprospect

How many people have you brought over to the darkside?

None. I will never try to convince anyone to jump, they either want to or they don't and given the inherent dangers of the sport, it's not something I'm comfortable 'talking someone' into. However, for those that have an interest, I'll give them all the information they want to, and probably a lot more than they want. Several have showed up at the DZ due to asking me questions.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Most of our friends have done at least one tandem and sometimes more than that...but none have committed to jumping full time ---
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

None too...like many others, I've never 'recruited' jumpers from a pool of personal friends or family...if someone wants to know how & where I'm always more than willing to inform and assist, but try to never 'insist'...if something were to happen it tends to leave a bit of a hole, figuratively speaking that is. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'll recommend anyone to do a tandem, and have probably got 20ish of my friends to go. As far as AFF goes, I'll only answer questions. I have only been lucky enough to know 1 person who jumps regularly, whom I knew before both of us were jumping. (I didn't see him for a couple years and when we met again, we found that both of us were into skydiving.)

As long as a person does not jump at or support in any way 1 800 sLyride or a sLyride affiliated DZ, they are not on the "Dark" Side.;)

You give meaningless persons too much credit. "The dark side" of skydiving was, is and shall ever be the satanic twisting of our fair sport from its normal orientation on our bellies into unnatural head down positions that would send shivers down the spine of any God fearing soul. Furthermore the usage of demonic 'lift' a la Furnarianic positions not only destroys our sport, it imperils your soul.

edited for the spelling of the beast.

i heard quite a few horror stories of people being convinced to try it do aff or whatever when i was in the states this summer so im doing my best to not convince people who dont seem into it.

its hard to not get into over enthusiastic mode when talking about it though.
like others have said ill try and answer any questions as best i can

Personal best is 14 in one day.
Course I kinda cheated; it was a group from work that approached me and I gave them about an hour presentation on the varying methods... some went Tandem, some went AFF, others went S/L.
Of all, one stayed in the sport about a year and was lost when he fell in some pussy.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

As long as a person does not jump at or support in any way 1 800 sLyride or a sLyride affiliated DZ, they are not on the "Dark" Side.;)

You give meaningless persons too much credit. "The dark side" of skydiving was, is and shall ever be the satanic twisting of our fair sport from its normal orientation on our bellies into unnatural head down positions that would send shivers down the spine of any God fearing soul. Furthermore the usage of demonic 'lift' a la Furnarianic positions not only destroys our sport, it imperils your soul.

AAAHHHH! "I see" says the blind man!;)
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Four of my former high school students have skydived. Two were tandems and two are licensed. I take credit for none...so, don't blame me.

I figured that you meant free-flying or swooping when the thread said "darkside".

:P

SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

A bunch. A group of people I hang out with got together in 2001 for the first annual jump. Static line FJC. I missed that one, but made the 2nd. Another guy and I are the only two in eight years to keep going long enough to get our licences, but we still get 10-15 each year. Some are repeats, some make the one jump a year for 3 or 4 years, but most are first-timers and only do it once. I present it as an invitation to try something new and very different; one of those "always wanted to" things.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

None. I will never try to convince anyone to jump, they either want to or they don't and given the inherent dangers of the sport, it's not something I'm comfortable 'talking someone' into. However, for those that have an interest, I'll give them all the information they want to, and probably a lot more than they want. Several have showed up at the DZ due to asking me questions.

yeah i sort of do that too, but most of my friends have always wanted to skydive though im just the first one to actually do it and i live the closest to the DZ

I took over the role of Captain from my university club just over a year ago and i'd say we've had approximately 50 people go through RAPS training and, at the very least, complete their first jump. I'm hoping to take that number up to 100 by next September *crosses fingers*

nonsense - dark side always has been CrW - just because a few unstable flyers want to hijack an admittedly romantic/geeky term like "dark side" doesn't make it real

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

tandem 5 (soon to 7), AFF 2 /as soon as they get their funds together.. but we all know that the mouth is one thing.. actually doing it is another. Everybody else.... just a whufo.. blue skies
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.