slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

Dog-depends on the dog, I guess. The only dog I know personally that jumped appeared to enjoy it, suffered no ill effects.....and looked really cool in the doggles.

Chicken-Not designed to fall at 120-Was in obvious distress.
Elsewhere-don't know.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

As for your question about what does the cat aids thing have to do with Skyride. Nothing really other then it is another example of the socially crippled mouth breathers that tend to be the type that have no problem supporting Skyride and fit in with the crooks that started and own it.

This is the closest thing to a legit answer to my post than anything so far, and I got the answer I was looking for- 'nothing.' What happened could have happened and probably has happened at many other DZs in the country and world, yet you have squabbles with some individuals and try your damndest to tie it back to skyride just so you can rant and rave a little more, get in your cliques and poke fun at people or try to get em in 'trouble' like dorks back in middle school that had nothing better to do to entertain themselves and look good for the teacher(s)(analogy not insult).

So i sort of got one answer to the relevance of cat aids to skyride and this post, are there others? Also, is taking a dog humane but a chicken and dead squirrel not humane? or does inhumane animal skydiving only apply to ASC and AST?

I don't recall anyone but you putting the two together. I think it got posted here cause the thread was here. Maybe they should have started a new thread "Fundraiser boogie a scam at Adventure Skydiving Tn."

I'm betting your DZM is happy this is lost here in this thread. I hope I didn't gave anyone an idea.;)

Anybody that would put a french link on somebody's bridal locking it to a flap as a joke needs to be introduced to the fat end of a Louisville slugger.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Dog-depends on the dog, I guess. The only dog I know personally that jumped appeared to enjoy it, suffered no ill effects.....and looked really cool in the doggles.

Elsewhere-don't know.

where did you receive your training in dog/chicken enjoyment recognition?

what parameters would indicate distress in a chicken's demeanor?

so, the BIRD with a cranial capacity of a peanut was terrified by freefall, while the terrestrial, intelligent canine dug it?

spare me...
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

>Yeah, it reminds me of how some folks felt when Buzz started his
>whole "mandatory CYPRES" schtick. We were amazed he could keep any
>staff at all. And the staff he did keep constantly suggested they didn't
>really have anything to do with enabling the whole fiasco.

Well, we had three choices:

1) Leave and let the DZ fail.
2) Convince Buzz to end the foolish rule.
3) Get on DZ.com and defend to the death everything Buzz does.

We chose 2), and there is now no cypres-required rule for experienced jumpers at Buzz's DZ. I see you choose 3). That's your right. However, I find that actually making changes in the real world is generally more effective than bitching about them on DZ.com.

You do know that these idiots get their rocks off by arguing with you and you are just feeding their habit - right? ;)

you are an idiot, too.

and jumpdude is a retard.

and andy better be careful with the ball bat, feeble old man.

will this thread get locked as well, billvon?

blah blah blah...
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

You do know that these idiots get their rocks off by arguing with you and you are just feeding their habit - right? ;)

you are an idiot, too.

and popsjumper better be careful with the ball bat, feeble old man.

blah blah blah...

Whaaaa? It's the fat end that's loaded, right?
Don't wanna shoot myself in the foot.

Are YOU owning up to the over-the-line PCIT trick?

Elsewhere-don't know.

Well, excuuuuuuse me! MY chicken was tailor-made for freefall....crispy fried. I saved the beer for the canopy ride.
:D:D

Care to elaborate what/where/who?
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

AHH dont you long for the days where ya had to pack outside and jump out of a peice o shit aircraft and try to train students with peiced together gutter gear..

SOO when sombody Forms an actual BUISSINESS PLAN, and provides an actual better service,, and your old DZ as described above finnally withers and dies cause it dont answer the phone,, whos fault is that.

Now we got great gear, indoor packing, and properly maintained aircraft,,Fancy websites and reservationists!!WOW
Hey the biggest compliment you can pay someone is to copy them,,

I say MOVE FORWARD,, GET OFF YOUR HOUSE OF CARDS SOAP BOXES,, LIFES TOOOO SHORT!!!
SKYDIVE MORE AND POST LESS,,

TANDEMGUY
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

For the record, I advocated 1). God knows it woulda been faster. Kinda put other DZ owners on notice too. Kinda like Skyride. They believe, and they're right, that you can run any kind of crappy DZ and you can always get staff. Can't imagine what makes you think I would advocate 3). Like I said, some of us were amazed he could keep staff at all.

Second of all, I never posted to DZ.com once during that whole fiasco (IIRC).

Third, the website still says:

"AAD's are required for everyone with fewer than 1000 skydives. Cypres or Vigil only, please. "

I guess 1000 jumps is what is considered "experienced" these days. Like I say, staff will work for anyone. When you want to see where Skyride comes from just look who works for these folks.

hey popsjumper

Lets see

You live in a closet,,, and dont even own the computer you continually post all this wisdom with,,,

HMM... Sounds like the type of guy I want to help me form an opinion..

Why dont you go back to licking boots at Monroe!!

LEE said it best at the beggining of this thread!!!!!
"do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?"

Typical. For an old guy you sure cry a lot.

SLYride lovers unite!
:D:D:D

For the sane ones out there:
The sad part is nothing can be done about SLYride because there will always be uncouth supporters lining the owner's pockets.

OTOH, some of those "supporters" have been thrown off so many DZs they are just about limited to SLYride businesses....so, can you really blame them for being there? Well, yes, yes you can.

However, I find that actually making changes in the real world is generally more effective than bitching about them on DZ.com.

But it's so much easier to bitch and whine on the dorkzone than it is to turn off the computer and do something in the real world!

UM,, Post's on dorkzone do not actually count as Jumps,,, you poser!

Love those credentials
post's 10,0000
c lisence in posting c999999
BEEN POSTING 99 YEARS
Faslcon award for posting (WHO THE FUCK GETS A FALCON AWARD)?
God forbid if you actually had to leave the computer and actually make a SKYDIVE!!

OH wait if you stopped posting then you woudlnt be popular anymore cause this is your only social outlet that makes you feel important!

And without A COMPUTER HOW WOULD YOU HAVE ANY SEX!!

Hey people lookout for that stickyspot at the farm computer,, you know where that cums from,,

TANDEMGUY

you are an idiot, too.

blah blah blah...

You know, it occured to me last night, Spence is one of you. :o I mean he enjoys an argument as much as you guys. :D:D:D

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

They're so easy....waaaaaay too easy.
Funny how defensive people get when they have no logical rebuttal. They show their true colors quite nicely, don't you think?

Funny how defensive people get when they have no logical rebuttal. They show their true colors quite nicely, don't you think?

And then they all get banned. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And then they all get banned. :D

Yet continue to make money, friends, skydives, and tunnel flights. Crazy to think there is a world outside these forums. Is getting banned the worst punishment imaginable for guys like you? Must be like being put in solitary.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983