slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

>there are actually good people that jump and work at dropzones owned
>by skyride/skyride owners.

Of course there are. They are getting tainted by association.

An example. You buy a brand new rig from The Excellent Gear Store. Joe takes your order on the phone, Jason places the order, it comes in and Jerry ships it out to you. You get it - and the main parachute is used! It looks like it has 1000 jumps on it. You call them and Jerry says "hey man, I didn't order the thing." Joe says "Hey man, I didn't place the order; I just work here answering phones." Jason says "what the fuck, man, not my problem; I didn't see it when it came in."

You jump it and the canopy blows up. This annoys you. You go to the DZ where the gear store is and they are jumping like crazy. You see Joe, Jerry and Jason, and tell them you think they were dishonest with you. They tell you "Dude, we're just having fun skydiving and partying together like any other DZ. Come jump with us! Have fun and don't be such a jerk about it."

Would you take them up on their offer? Or would you "get up on a pedestal" and want them to do the right thing and fix the problem?

I'm sorry .... What are you talking about? That was the most silly analogy I have seen in a while!!
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

>What are you talking about?

If you can't comprehend how someone could be mad at Skyride, ask yourself how you would feel if you got sold something like that. Then ask yourself how you would feel if the people responsible said "hey, it has nothing to do with me! I just work there. Now come jump and stop being such a jerk!"

They are different organizations only on paper. That affords them protection for their other businesses finances. Being legally separate doesn't equate to them being separate in reality. I have, and do own several companies. Legally, they are separate, but morally, and more to the point, from a practical standpoint, they are all connected, because of MY involvement.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

This is my other point- you brand us 'outlaws' because we're all friends, and jump @ a place that is owned by some people that you dont like. It's almost like freakin racism.

It's frustrating and I keep posting because you guys have valid concerns with skyride, yet you choose a mob mentality and ignore reason when it comes to the individuals at a dropzone, and the dropzone itself.

If some of the things that have happened at the farm happened at one of the ASC DZs, I can't even imagine the wildfire that would occur. The bottom line is both places are DZs where fun and wild sh*t happens, yet you all look down your noses from your high horses at anyone that opts to jump at a rival DZ.

MakeItHappen- i read and understand what you said the first time, but thank you so much for repeating yourself. My point is still valid- just because there is the same owner, doesn't mean the place is a pool of corruption. It also doesnt mean that everything that one person may perceive as negative can be written off as 'oh well that's skyride' when skyride has absolutely no influence over the actions and decisions of the individuals in the incidents being discussed here. Why is that so hard to comprehend? The two are unrelated.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

If you can't comprehend how someone could be mad at Skyride, ask yourself how you would feel if you got sold something like that. Then ask yourself how you would feel if the people responsible said "hey, it has nothing to do with me! I just work there. Now come jump and stop being such a jerk!"

bill, i get the skyride thing. i understand how people are upset about it, however it may all be legal. barely, and it may depend on interpretation but it may all be legal.

Now what I am talking about here is NOT skyride, it is the dropzones. what has been brought up in this thread are dropzone issues and not skyride issues. Personally, i find the DZ antics hysterical, wish I was able to have made the boogie. obviously the humane society does not find it so funny, and some do gooder dz.commers think the boogie was pure acidic evil. That is fine as well, but whatever your opinion of the boogie is an opinion of a DZ's boogie whcih has no correlation in this case to skyride.

Now if say, the boogie was sponsored by skyride and advertised $100 tandems but charged $150, then you have a valid parallel.

what happened was some friends took a chicken for a skydive before the cat aids boogie had even been thought of, then the boogie happened, they gave $100 to the humane society a few months late after the society saw a chicken skydiving video by some of the people at the boogie and flipped out. Where is skyride in all that and how is it relevant?
So there I was...

>Where is skyride in all that and how is it relevant?

?? The drop zone is owned by the same person who owns Skyride. By patronizing it you are supporting him and Skyride. I know it doesn't bother you, but it does bother some people, the same way it might bother some people if they patronized a DZ where the owner had been convicted of, say, tampering with someone's rig and causing them injury.

If you jump there, does it mean you support tampering with people's gear? No. But I can also see why someone would not want their money supporting someone who DID think it was OK.

I understand that side of things, voting with your dollars. but A. Why does everyone attack those that work at the DZ as instructors, and why are the jumpers that have a blast there so evil? just because they dont care that another company that the owner owns did some shady things years back? if so, that is kind of arrogant. wouldn't want to be around someone who is so judgmental anyway.

Further, I still do not see and havent heard the connection of the cat aids boogie to skyride and how it is relevent to this thread. it was a completely seperate event from anything skyride has ever done, why is skyride being attached to the cat aids shenanigans? people and staff were acting 100% independant of skyride in all facets of this news article.
So there I was...

Bill you need to adhere to your own rules. No personal attacks buddy.
I understand fully about the whole skyride thing. Just didn't understand what the F$%k you were saying.

If I was being a jerk then sorry but no need to call me a jerk;)

I do jump all the time.B|

Like it or not,and this is one of those times that life just aint fair, sometimes you are judged by the company you keep. Both funny and ironic, it looks like it works both ways.

I fail to see what you're all upset about. You and many of your friends have gotten on here many time and indicated you'd rather not hang out with the likes of us. We feel the same way. Stay at your DZ and have fun till this town gets sick of your shit and they get rid of you and Skyride has burned another airport for skydiving.

> Why does everyone attack those that work at the DZ as instructors, and
>why are the jumpers that have a blast there so evil?

I don't think anyone thinks they are evil. However, if you understand why people "vote with their dollars" and why they don't want to support people who do bad things, I am sure you can also understand how someone might not appreciate it if other jumpers support people who do bad things (by working for them, giving them money, helping promote their drop zones etc.)

BTW personally I don't much care. Skyride is going to fold eventually, and I think all the negative attention they get from skydivers only helps their cause. A skydiver can go on for hours about how evil Skyride is, and all a whuffo or new jumper will take away from that is the name "Skyride." Which, of course, is great advertising.

I understand that side of things, voting with your dollars. but A. Why does everyone attack those that work at the DZ as instructors, and why are the jumpers that have a blast there so evil?

I think its for the same reason as above. If you work there or you just fun jump there, You are supporting skyride.If so you support the things they do . Thats the reasoning.

just because they dont care that another company that the owner owns did some shady things years back?

Well I dont think it was as far back as you think it was. I can remember shit going on last year if I remember correctly.

if so, that is kind of arrogant. wouldn't want to be around someone who is so judgmental anyway.

If one of your friends gets robbed buying something from a store, would you buy something there??

You keep trying to say that ASC, sLyride, AST and whoever else they claim to be or the flavor of the day,
Why is is every time they find themselves in some sort of lawsuit or litigation, it clearly shows that they are all owned by the same company. Here's link to a couple of the court cases,
http://funjumper.com/skyride/gadoc.pdf
http://consumer.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5426814_38709348_86939063,00.html
http://consumer.georgia.gov/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/3/12/869420861800SkyRide.pdf
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=72528;guest=28465640

How do you explain that? It sounds like they are all affiliated to me. And you can't say that "AST" is not, just because they are not listed there, we all know they're affiliated, just ask the fuel guy or the Manager at Outlaw where the planes come from, They will tell you Cedartown. And where does the staff come from, and you can't say that all of them are locals. And when someone calls the number that your company is advertising, where is the person that answers? CEDARTOWN! :ohttp://www.state.tn.us/sos/acts/105/pub/pc0873.pdf:P

It also shows the same in the SD Arizona case, so if anyone has that link, please post it or pm it to me so I can add it to the comsumer alerts. I missed it before it got sent to the recycle bin.

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

not a troll , it was supposed to be sarcastic since the regular anti-skyriders know my stance. i apologize if the sarcasm didnt come across.

Jumpdude- you're clearly not understanding anything I have just said. The only person that makes any valid points is billv, and we settle at a difference of opinion.

Spence- one of those times that life jsut aint fair? fine i can accept that, it just shows me you have no rational thought on this topic, and your only goal is to slander legitimate companies to try and burn skyride. kinda sad, really.

Will anyone please tell me, as is the purpose of my original post, what and how Cat Aids and the article on humane society have anything to do with skyride? All i hear is distraction, deception, etc from us evil doers- what are you doing now? soooooooo skyride + cat aids/humane society? how are they related in any way and how is it related to this thread of 'what can we do about skyride?'
So there I was...

BDashe, etc.,

If two companies are owned by the same people and operate using the same "business model", then it seems perfectly reasonable for the actions of one company to be associated with the other.

As for hanging with outlaws, that seems equally reasonable. If you're part of a gang that robs a bank, but all you do is drive the getaway car, you're still complicit in the robbery and can expect to get some prison time if you're caught. Furthermore, if anyone dies during the robbery, then you're also guilty of felony murder, even if the victim was one of the robbers. That's the law, and it seems fair to me.

As for Skyride and its sister companies, try looking at it like this:

If you knew that a company had intentionally cheated you, as part of a business policy developed by the owners, would you work for those owners? Hell, no. Would you do any further business with any of their companies? Also hell, no. Now, what if that company had intentionally cheated a close family member? Your best friend? A guy you knew from work? Some stranger? A whole bunch of strangers? People draw circles around themselves and basically say "These are the people I care about.". Some people's circles are bigger than others. Those of us who hate Skyride, etc. have big circles. Those who patronize them have smaller circles. Those who work for them have still smaller circles. The owners' circles are the smallest of all, and don't include you, BTW. So what you have to ask yourself is: "How big is my circle? How many people do I care about? How many people will I stand up for, even when all that requires is to take my business elsewhere?" The choice is yours.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Jumpdude- you're clearly not understanding anything I have just said. The only person that makes any valid points is billv, and we settle at a difference of opinion.

Will anyone please tell me, as is the purpose of my original post, what and how Cat Aids and the article on humane society have anything to do with skyride? All i hear is distraction, deception, etc from us evil doers- what are you doing now? soooooooo skyride + cat aids/humane society? how are they related in any way and how is it related to this thread of 'what can we do about skyride?'

Well, unless I read your post wrong, it looks to me like you are still trying to get someone to believe that the different entities which are all owned by Cary and Ben (If he is still involved), are not connected. My last post proved they are. And your point is???? Maybe, you have no point.....

Answer to question 4
Guilty by association. Since sLyride/ASC has it's hands in the operations of the DZ at Outlaw, and the staff consists mostly of sLyride/ASC employees, OR as your people call them "Volunteers", That makes sLyride/ASC just as guilty.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

You can believe what you want about me. I mainly keep my rational thoughts about Skyride and their supporters to myself mainly because what I have to say would be deleted. I've been around since almost the begining of this shit that turned into Skyride. I know most of the crooked shit that has been done,booking more tandems then they could possibly do in a day, getting phone calls from people that had reservations somewhere else and convincing them they called the right place. Even personal stuff like Cary sending his kids home to his ex with shoes missing,knowing she didn't have the money to by a new pair.

As for your question about what does the cat aids thing have to do with Skyride. Nothing really other then it is another example of the socially crippled mouth breathers that tend to be the type that have no problem supporting Skyride and fit in with the crooks that started and own it.

Edit for spelling, I wanted to get the socially crippled mouth beather part right.:)

Remember a few years back when Walmart was in the news about having illegal aliens working for them? In reality it was a cleaning subcontractor of prolly another subcontractor maybe of even another that had illegal aliens working for them, but ultimately Walmart is ultimatley accountable and responsible.

Whomever is at the top is ultimately accountable and responsible for anything that happens.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Like when stupid fuckers do things to get dropzones thrown off a airport. The DZO probably didn't know about what they were doing or condone it but they ultimately are responsable.

And to clarify a point, the three Skyride DZ's, in Cedartown, Clarksville, and Perkasie, have DZ MANAGERS overseeing the operations, the DZO is none other than Cary himself.

The DZMs are all friends/employees of Cary, and they operate much the same way as Cary operates Skyride.

Doesn't paint a very good picture does it? That's guilt by association. Bad behavior begets bad behavior. The Skyride DZ that was at Pell City, burned the future of skydiving there when they were forced to move. When they left Prattville, AL a year later, they burned the future of skydiving there too as their lease was not renewed either. Not that they would have wanted to stay there anyway. The place was a shithole. Now they're at Clarksville going almost a year so far and the locals are already tired of their stupid antics. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You keep trying to say that ASC, sLyride, AST and whoever else they claim to be or the flavor of the day,
Why is is every time they find themselves in some sort of lawsuit or litigation, it clearly shows that they are all owned by the same company. Here's link to a couple of the court cases,
http://funjumper.com/skyride/gadoc.pdf
http://consumer.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5426814_38709348_86939063,00.html
http://consumer.georgia.gov/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/3/12/869420861800SkyRide.pdf
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=72528;guest=28465640
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=109118;

How do you explain that? It sounds like they are all affiliated to me. And you can't say that "AST" is not, just because they are not listed there, we all know they're affiliated, just ask the fuel guy or the Manager at Outlaw where the planes come from, They will tell you Cedartown. And where does the staff come from, and you can't say that all of them are locals. And when someone calls the number that your company is advertising, where is the person that answers? CEDARTOWN! :ohttp://www.state.tn.us/sos/acts/105/pub/pc0873.pdf:P

It also shows the same in the SD Arizona case, so if anyone has that link, please post it or pm it to me so I can add it to the comsumer alerts. I missed it before it got sent to the recycle bin.

I found the link and added the Eloy case to the list as promised earlier.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Now they're at Clarksville going almost a year so far and the locals are already tired of their stupid antics. :S

I'm familiar with the Skyride BS, but what are the dz antics that are giving skydiving a bad name at these airports? Not getting a lease renewed is one thing, not getting it renewed because of a poor safety record, being uninsured, questionable practices, whatever, is something different.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

As for your question about what does the cat aids thing have to do with Skyride. Nothing really other then it is another example of the socially crippled mouth breathers that tend to be the type that have no problem supporting Skyride and fit in with the crooks that started and own it.

This is the closest thing to a legit answer to my post than anything so far, and I got the answer I was looking for- 'nothing.' What happened could have happened and probably has happened at many other DZs in the country and world, yet you have squabbles with some individuals and try your damndest to tie it back to skyride just so you can rant and rave a little more, get in your cliques and poke fun at people or try to get em in 'trouble' like dorks back in middle school that had nothing better to do to entertain themselves and look good for the teacher(s)(analogy not insult).

So i sort of got one answer to the relevance of cat aids to skyride and this post, are there others? Also, is taking a dog humane but a chicken and dead squirrel not humane? or does inhumane animal skydiving only apply to ASC and AST?
So there I was...