meridianjumper

Favorite jump plane?

Super Otter with No benches. 95% of the jumps I do is 4way, exit work is fun. Climbs Fast.

Skyvan with no Benches. Lots of Room, Fun exits also. Fast Climber.

King Air, good for Full alt Hop N' Pop climbs fast.

Porter nice climbing few ppl in the air with you.

Cesna good for quick 3'5 Hop N' Pops.

Hate CASA's, not fun to exit, jump run seems to always put people off the DZ either short or long, uncomfortable to sit in. Takes to long to Altitude.

Jonathan

Mullins King Air is my fave. Super quick ride to altitude. It may have a smaller door than an otter, but i'm a freeflier so i don't have to worry about launching big RW chunks!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I jumped the venerable old DC-3, 'Mr. Douglas', once, at a nationals boogie in Oklahoma in 1980 or so... Mr. Douglas had a pimpin' stereo, and they played 'Free Bird' on the climb to altitude... it was pretty cool! :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

DC-3's were my favorites for years. The sound of those radials was almost hypnotic, and they really are historic aircraft. I have to agree with ladyskydiver, it is so cool to run out the back of a tailgate plane. I don't think I have a favorite today. Having jumped from helicopters, biplanes, hot air balloons, and all types of "regular" skydiving aircraft, I'd say they each have their own characteristic that made them stand out. Now, if it were possible to safely jump the Space Shuttle....;)

True favorite???? Boeing 727.....jump it if you have the chance..:)
Regular DZ serving aircraft......De Haviland Twin Otter,,,;), safe, stable, good climbing aircraft,, just the right size for Relative Work skydives,,,
Casas are nice too.....
'cause you can safely do raft dives from them...:oB| and 30 + jumpers at a time keeps everyone on the field happy.....:ph34r:

skydive hard, skydive often, skydive with friends...

I enjoy just about all the jump planes out there, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for a 182. Yeah, they're tight and slow, but they have that fun strut and step to climb all over and are great for 2-ways and H-n-P's. :)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

King Air and C-182 at my DZ,all Ive ever jumped.I may be in the minority here but a ride to 13,500 in a 182 is a kick in the ass.
Maybe when I have been around awhile and experienced some other aircraft I might change my opinion but for now,pack me in the empty beer can and gimme a fun ride.

Whatcha doin ?"Im lookin for the DZ"

dropdeded
pcss#26
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

This is not meant to be a shameless plug, but for those that have been on them, you know what I'm talking about.

I like the Twin Otter presonally. But especially, I like Joe Weber's aircraft (DZO - Skydive Oregon). He operates them under the company of Jump Air (jumpair.com). His planes (Otter, Caravan, Grand Caravan) are clean-clean-clean. Simply put, very well maintained planes.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It is fun to climb around outside. My home DZ used to have a Pilatus Porter. My favorite exit slot was one in which I climbed over the strut and turned around facing rear, standing on the tire. The pilot loved to tap the brakes and watch me log roll while the others climbed out. One time he let off completely and left me hanging until the ready, set, go!

Oh shit, now im confused. Ok I like any plane that takes me above 2000 ft. But here it goes. I love a twinn otter, as I am mostly a 4way video guy and that is my home plane. But the skyvan is fun as hell for fun jumps, especially big ways ect. Then again I also love to go back to the roots, a 182 jump can Rock, sometimes nothing better. I also did a jump in arizona out of the Dc3 and that was a lot of, a lot of fun. Balloon Jumps, Oh yeah, now we are talking, fun as hell but a lot of work. Porter, fun also you can put s lot of people outside of the plane, (Kinda if you plan it well). Caravan, twinn beach, Antanov, Turbo Lett, king air. Damm I can think of something good and Bad about every plane out there.
You know what the BEST plane you there is? It is the one you can jump out of. That is the one. Nothing more nothing less.
Any Plane you can jump out of is the best plane.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I'd have to say the UH-60 Blackhawk. Quick to altitude, once I had a malfunction and landed way off, it came to pick me up! Try that in a CASA or Otter!
Other than that I'd have to say the CASA, although I'll take anything. There is a plane from Poland called a Wilga, in the states the FAA still considers it experimental, if it ever gets certified it looks like it would be a hoot!

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

AN72 Its a jet with a tailgate.
It climbs like a King air and unloads like a Herc. Its got the best of both worlds, lift capacity, and climb speed.

Shame about the looks, those jets on top of teh wings just look wierd!.....

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

an72.jpg

an72-1.jpg