meridianjumper

Favorite jump plane?

I really like otters, caravans, and the sky-van. I've never sport jumped a C-130, but have static lined out of a lot of them (out the side doors in the army). I think it would be the ultimate jump aircraft. One of my goals in life, is to eventually be part of a big way, and tailgate out of one. Steve1

unfortunatly, ive only been able to jump from a 206c. I really want to jump from something that i can run out of the back like a cargo plane or jump from the side cause right now i have to climb out on the wing and dangle there and i hate that.

Tailgates baby! CASA or skyvans rock!! Wahoo!!!!

I prefer the otter to the king air and I just hate cessnas except for the one Howard had to do beach jumps...I'll do a beach jump outta anything!

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

"the door is just too damned small"

Hey it may be small, but you only have to wait 7-8 min to get out of it!! I made 22 exits the other weekend out of that door, a record for my newbie self. B|

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Mullins plane is one of my favorites. I know the plane is fast but I think Mike is a great pilot. I would ride with him in anything. As for the door, the Otter is better for doing serious 4-way, but Mike flies slow enough that my friends normally put 4 out and once and awhile 5.
For some reason I like to jump from The Shark, I don't know if its the name or the paint.
I jumped from a Stearman and femured, so the jury is still out on that.
The c-182 is good for a jump when you can say I can't remeber that last time I jump a 182

Commmmmmonnnnn!

How come everybody forgets Cessna-182?;);)
Gives you a plenty of time to sleep @ relax on the way to altitude;)

P.S. It is nice to see that Russian AN-72 is popular. Never jumped it yet but the plane looks like a big skydiving machine on pictures

Nothing wrong with dangling off the strutt of a C182 or a 206. There are many ways to dangle. Try getting yer feet up over the leading edge of the wing and see how long you can hang there by your feet until you drop off.

S'fun

Tony B|

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

That's what Howard did on my 300th jumps and I was so engrossed in watching him I forgot to leave when everyone else did!! That was cool, and that coming from a plane bitch who thinks bigger is better.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

My favorite regular jump plane is mullins king air... It's fast!
So far my favorite specialty aircraft is the c-130. The high speed exit at richmond was intense. + How can you beat a plane that ou can get up and walk around in after a few thousand feet!

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

The aircraft that was the biggest blast to jump out of in my skydiving career: The C-130 Hercules! It's worth a trip to Sweden for the Hercules Boogie.

Herc-boogie -85...that´s coolB| I was only 4 years old at that time..

I love the Hercules too! 80 jumpers out of one big, fast airplane with a big ramp, that could be nothing else but pure fun.

I was at the Herc Boogie in Sweden this year to do some big-way freeflying, that was awesome! The only thing that would stop me from going there 2004 would be death B|:)

Jessica

Definitely a super otter...man, I love those things!! But, there is something to be said for the good old C-182

There is something to be said for the C 182,,B|
and here is WHAT I usually say ;)..... " I would rather take an Otter, freefall for 25 SECONDS,,, and find myself at 9,500 feet...:)than to take a C-182,, climb for 25 MINUTES,,, and find myself at 9,500 feet [:/],,,,
"I may be crazy... but I ain't stupid".....

Go back about 600 threads, and see a large posting of everyone's favorite jump planes. Once again, I loved the Skyvan in Deland when I used to call it home DZ. It had the bar to hang from, as well as a camera that recorded everyone's exit that was then replayed in the bar at night. Fun stuff.

Least favorite: Skyvan at Perris. Nothing wrong with it, it's a great plane that would otherwise be on the top of my list. Once, during the women's world record in 2002, I lost the right fuel cap between jumps. Mechanics and owners had to scurry in less than an hour to build one out of an otter cap since there were no extras of this specialty item on hand. I don't like this plane because it reminds me that sometimes I can be a moron. Then again, maybe that's a good thing. [:/]

Got to be an Otter (preferably a Super) nice big door for lauching 4 ways. Don't have to worry about hitting your head on the wheel when point of a meeka from an Islander and the doors on the right side as opposed to Beavers and Porters.

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

Least favorite: Skyvan at Perris. Nothing wrong with it, it's a great plane that would otherwise be on the top of my list. Once, during the women's world record in 2002, I lost the right fuel cap between jumps. Mechanics and owners had to scurry in less than an hour to build one out of an otter cap since there were no extras of this specialty item on hand. I don't like this plane because it reminds me that sometimes I can be a moron. Then again, maybe that's a good thing.

I have to disagree with this. Not too sure it was your fault, but I do know this. We were lucky to have you here working for us and you remain one of the best loaders we have ever had. Please come back!

Jack Gramley
Computer Consultant