weaverd

If you could buy a plane for your DZ......

C130 and a Bell 416 with the change.

If you are going to dream, dream big:D

Where do you plan on getting the other 30-98 million dollars?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Lets say hypothetically you had oh say 2 million dollars to spend on a plane for your DZ what would you buy ?

Depends on your motivation. If you wanty to flow a lot of cash and have a fairly busy medium-sized DZ, a PAC is probably the best plane on paper, but many jumpers don't care for the low tail and smaller-than-an-Otter door. $2 million will buy one with beer money left over.

If you're just dreaming, how about a DeHavilland Dash 8? Of course 2 mil wouldn't do it.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I don't see a door behind the prop in that one.

Could make exits a little more 'sporty' though! :D

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

C130 and a Bell 416 with the change.

If you are going to dream, dream big:D

He said 2 million ;)

Since it is hypothetical I thought I might get a bargain for the magic money. If we have to be realistic with our hypothetical money then I suppose I would like an otter with comfy seats...
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Check out other photos online. It has a door you could drive a truck through.

Wheres the fun in that?

I still like the front doors better.:P

2 mil will only get you 1 good Super Otter. That should last you 3 trouble free years before any big expenses. The best all around jump platform.

I agree. I'm not sure what the price of an upgraded Otter goes for these days, but a super otter (-34's or similar) is a sweet machine and the gold standard for a reason. There are other planes that are a lot of fun (tailgates etc) but for every day jumping... I think an under 15 min to altitude Twotter beats them all.

2 mil will only get you 1 good Super Otter. That should last you 3 trouble free years before any big expenses. The best all around jump platform.

I agree. I'm not sure what the price of an upgraded Otter goes for these days, but a super otter (-34's or similar) is a sweet machine and the gold standard for a reason. There are other planes that are a lot of fun (tailgates etc) but for every day jumping... I think an under 15 min to altitude Twotter beats them all.

+1 I would buy a Super Otter
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Check out other photos online. It has a door you could drive a truck through.

Some of the people that I know who drive trucks can do that even if it 'technically' wouldn't fit:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Seeing how my club dz uses 2-C182s and 2300' grass strip. I think the Quest Kodiak would be a perfect fit. Anything larger wouldn't be utilized with the jumper density in the area. STOL-rough field capability / PT-6 Power 750hp / decent climb rate / easy to fly / has a nice jump door already / the horiz stabilizer doesn't seem to be a hazard / 10 jumpers on one plane. <$1.3M Perfect.