2 2
brenthutch

Woke pandering backfires

On 8/5/2023 at 8:34 AM, brenthutch said:

Yep!  Work hard, sacrifice, invest = retire early, passive income, big house, luxury SUV (wife’s) kids in private school.  What’s not to love?

53 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

My daughter went today, she said it was scarily confusing. 

Nothing else needs be said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I bought this today because my young grandchildren will be visiting me at the lake this week. I hope Coreece appreciates and approves of the tradition I’m trying to start.

IMG_0976.jpeg

Interesting how much more a smiling grandmotherly character speaks more about breakfast food to me than a dull milling company.

That in no way uses a water wheel to power anything in their industrial manufacturing facilities.

yawn

1 hour ago, normiss said:

Interesting how much more a smiling grandmotherly character speaks more about breakfast food to me than a dull milling company.

And I liked the old Morton Salt girl better than the new one.  I definitely liked the older Radio Shack logo better.  But I guess none of that bothered me as much as this bothered you.  In fact I can't think of anything a brand could do to a logo that would really bother me that much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Because a white men never fucks anything up, does he?

That's blaming the victim - the campaign didn't fuck anything up, it's the white men who chose to boycott the brand then blamed it on the campaign who caused the losses. Brent loves doing that - "democrats opposed this thing, it's their fault the GOP then did this!!"

I.e. the boycott is the direct cause of the financial losses and not the campaign. Sure, they did the boycott because of the campaign, but that's another discussion.

8 hours ago, olofscience said:

That's blaming the victim - the campaign didn't fuck anything up, it's the white men who chose to boycott the brand then blamed it on the campaign who caused the losses. Brent loves doing that - "democrats opposed this thing, it's their fault the GOP then did this!!"

I.e. the boycott is the direct cause of the financial losses and not the campaign. Sure, they did the boycott because of the campaign, but that's another discussion.

Seems like you can't even swing a false assumption without hitting a victim blamer these days. I wonder why?

12 hours ago, billvon said:

And I liked the old Morton Salt girl better than the new one.  I definitely liked the older Radio Shack logo better.  But I guess none of that bothered me as much as this bothered you.  In fact I can't think of anything a brand could do to a logo that would really bother me that much.

Never bothered me in the least. I just felt the new logo was uninspiring. Then again, logos and boxes don't convince to buy one brand over another. Quality does that.

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

Once again ... NOT BUD LIGHT... You don't get to change the subject with me. There are dozens  of corrupt old men who have lost billions. Woke Pandering backfired Twice with Bud light. They pandered to the WOKE by hiring this idiot and then they tried to pander to the WOKE community by supporting a cross dressing male (Who just told his parents he likes females) who basically violates the general consensus of their Brands consumers. A total LOSE LOSE situation. The idiot has been fired. What does that tell you?

That you are out of a job?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, normiss said:

Never bothered me in the least. I just felt the new logo was uninspiring. Then again, logos and boxes don't convince to buy one brand over another. Quality does that.

You mean you don't check the gender, orientation and race of every person in their advertising?  You must be a libtard to not care about race and sexual orientation!  Something something KIDS!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ryoder said:

The most embarrassing part of this is: If you are ranting about Bud Light's advertising, then you are telling the world that you drink Bud Light.

Yep.  And that you never even saw the can - just saw someone else posting about it.  And that you were so conflicted about your sexuality that a trans person really got to you.

Meanwhile, conservatives are crushed that the ultra-woke Barbie movie is breaking box office records, and Sound of Freedom not only came in a very distant 19th - but it turns out it was financed by a child kidnapper.

They're going to need to cancel something big to give their egos a boost after this.

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

Even Australia is noticing the decline...

Again, basically Fox News. It’s amazing how proud you are of not knowing who’s pulling your strings.

(And ‘even Australia’? They’re a strongly right wing, very racist country, both to indigenous people and immigrants.)

3 hours ago, jakee said:

(And ‘even Australia’? They’re a strongly right wing, very racist country, both to indigenous people and immigrants.)

I was just in Australia and got the distinct impression they're nicer to the indigenous and immigrants than the USA right now.

33 minutes ago, Slim King said:

There will be a push to defund the FBI, CIA, IRS and other corrupt organizations. You can call it cancelling if you want to...

No, defunding the police isn't cancelling, that's very different.

By the way, if you defund the IRS you'll have to defund everything else too. It's odd that conservatives are so in favour of defunding the military.

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

No, defunding the police isn't cancelling, that's very different.

By the way, if you defund the IRS you'll have to defund everything else too. It's odd that conservatives are so in favour of defunding the military.

Mexico will just pay for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jakee said:

The "defund the IRS" idiots are the same sort that think it's fine to shut down farms, since they get all their food from grocery stores, not farms.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

The "defund the IRS" idiots are the same sort that think it's fine to shut down farms, since they get all their food from grocery stores, not farms.

And the same people who are using IRS "whistleblowers" to try and attack Biden.

16 hours ago, normiss said:

Interesting that Modelo is replacing it - and that it's also AB InBev.

So much cancelling.

Due to an antitrust lawsuit wherein Anheuser-Busch InBev sought to acquire the remainder of Grupo Modelo, AB InBev sold Modelo's U.S. business to Constellation Brands. Following the settlement, beer brands owned by Grupo Modelo are now sold by Constellation Brands in the U.S.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Due to an antitrust lawsuit wherein Anheuser-Busch InBev sought to acquire the remainder of Grupo Modelo, AB InBev sold Modelo's U.S. business to Constellation Brands. Following the settlement, beer brands owned by Grupo Modelo are now sold by Constellation Brands in the U.S.

When you need distribution....

image.png.72bd44614724eb4535b357a9e766d39c.png