4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Slim King said:

BS... Not true ... Coffee at Walmart has risen at least 50% a year. Basic $5 coffee is now $12..... BTW... Ukraine is getting the shit kicked out of them as we type.... Time for ALL wars to CEASE FIRE!!!!!!

Coffee prices have gone up substantially most of the increases can be directly attributed to climate change. The areas that have been growing coffee beans for years are having trouble keeping crops alive and thriving. There have been numerous studies over the last few years that show that current coffee-growing regions are dying and growers are moving to new areas in order to save the industry. If you are blaming Biden for climate change, I think you have things completely backward. But that seems to be par for the course with your posts. I live in Colombia and 3 of the local coffee plantations that I have been buying from for years have shut down because excessive rainfall has killed their crops.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/article/what-climate-change-means-for-future-of-coffee-cashew-avocado#:~:text=By 2050%2C in all three,For cashews%2C declines varied widely.

Edited by okalb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jakee said:

Ah yes, coffee - that famous North American crop.

And no, it hasn't. 

Well, the bulk beans I buy at my local grocery store went from $6.99 per pound to $8.99

I guess that could be "up 100%" in Slim's mind.

Or maybe "up 50%". He can't seem to make up his mind. 

42 minutes ago, okalb said:

I live in Colombia and 3 of the local coffee plantations that I have been buying from for years have shut down because excessive rainfall has killed their crops.

Well according to Slim, Russia - famous for its coffee plantations - isn't experiencing the same prices for coffee as the rest of the world. Because of those Russian coffee plantations. Or something...

Or maybe he just wishes Putin would pay for his Walmart coffee...

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 9:09 AM, ryoder said:

WTF???

AP: Russia reportedly is using Ukrainian POWs to fight in their homeland on Moscow’s side

I can't imagine how this would end well for Russia.

Diving deeper in the story Russia is painting 40 people of questionable loyalty to be a battalion, which normally would have 500 troops. No word if live ammunition is to be issued. No word if they vetted out the Nazis and fascists.

Edited by Phil1111

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

And that will work about as well as it did last time

Indeed. Last autumn Russia fired over 1,000 cruise missiles in the space of 6 weeks, on top of the huge amounts they’d already used since the invasion began.

If Slim says they’ve now only got 800 available in total that’s very good news for Ukraine.

• Like 2

Just now, jakee said:

Indeed. Last autumn Russia fired over 1,000 cruise missiles in the space of 6 weeks, on top of the huge amounts they’d already used since the invasion began.

If Slim says they’ve now only got 800 available in total that’s very good news for Ukraine.

Not to mention the air defense assets the Ukrainians have now which they lacked last year and the Russians are very unlikely to deplete their inventories to zero 

On 11/15/2023 at 3:26 AM, Slim King said:

Hide and watch. Another year in the cold winter will push Ukrainians to SEEK PEACE as I have always said.... What happened to the Spring Offensive ... Summer Offensive.... Fall Offensive ???? Total failure....

Uh, during the Spring offensive the Ukrainians captured so much Russian hardware and ammunition that Russia became the largest weapons supplier to Ukraine.  I agree the Summer offensive was largely a bust but the Fall offensive has Ukrainian forces crossing the left (east) bank of the Dnipro and pushing deeper into Kherson where the Russians have not developed their defensive fortifications to the extent they have elsewhere. (They depended on the river as a natural defense line, thinking the Ukrainians would be unable to cross) With the arrival of the Army Tactical Missile System Russia has been forced to withdraw its rotary wing aviation support beyond the range of the ATACMS, rendering them largely ineffective as well as having large numbers of their infantry decimated. https://www.newsweek.com/russian-troops-atacms-bombs-ukraine-war-1843583 HIMARS and counter battery radar has decimated Russian artillery and their mechanized forces are riding around on 70 year old T55s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-54/T-55

I’m not declaring a winner I’m just pointing out that two out of three successes doesn’t equal total failure.

edit: this just in

“The Russian Ministry of Defense was quoted by Russian state-run news agencies Tass and RIA Novosti on Monday as saying that the command of the Dnipro Group of Forces decided to transfer troops to more advantageous positions east of the Russian-occupied left bank of the Kherson Oblast.”

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

I lived through the Propaganda of the Viet Nam War ... This is no different ... You are winning until you aren't .... Now reports of dead women in the Ukrainian trenches ... The population of Ukraine is tired of this .. They want PEACE and they will dethrone the Comic Emperor to get it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPDZLNpvqy0

Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 6.17.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 6.19.28 PM.png

Says some random dude on YouTube?  I cited the Russian MoD. When they say their position in Kherson is untenable and requires a redeployment of forces to the northeast (aka retreat) I believe them.  

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Says some random dude on YouTube?  I cited the Russian MoD. When they say their position in Kherson is untenable and requires a redeployment of forces to the northeast (aka retreat) I believe them.  

Not just any random dude. Someone who agrees with his viewpoint.

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, Slim King said:
2 hours ago, Slim King said:

According to liberal rag TIME magazine, the average age of the remaining Ukrainian forces is 43!!!! Where the hell did all the 18 year olds go??? I think they are dead.... Do the math.... Russia is now moving on virtually all Northern Fronts every day.... War is a SCAM ... Sorry you can't see it. Zelenski will soon be at his getaway estate while they bury the kids...gettyimages-3432301-b599d81d2bfe9ed62e6dd098f3675028f335c1e1.jpeg

That is because Ukraine declared a full mobilization of men from 18-60. Obviously when that I’d done the average age of the fighters will increase greatly.  BTW the average age of SEAL Team 6 is thirty 

Yes yes, war is a scam but you’re on here nearly every day trying to convince us that the scammers should be rewarded. Funny that.

And it looks like we can add averages to the list of things you’ve just discovered but don’t yet understand. Like ice.

44 minutes ago, Slim King said:

That's a long way from 43.... For every surviving Ukrainian 18 year old there is a 68 year old  on average.... How many 68 year olds do you think are fighting right now???? War is a SCAM but Ukraine is NOT WINNING.... Video's of Kiev cemeteries at capacity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF4bInTDkzI

I’ll take a 68 year old over…

“Russian troops are returned to the front lines in Ukraine with shrapnel still stuck in their bodies, Golikov said.”
You seem to be keenly aware of Ukrainian casualties yet oblivious to Russia’s. Russia’s ranks are fill with convicts and wounded driving around on 70 year old tanks, hardly a recipe for success.