MichaelMoore

Perris Jet retired?

I haven’t seen any Jet jumps on the calander in a while. Nor is the jet listed on the “unconventional boogie” aircraft roster.

Have they given up on this plane?

Secondhand info (me being the 'middle man'), so take it for what it's worth...

I spoke to Dan at manifest back at the start of the year, and he said it was down for maintenance...look for it to be back up in a few months.

Remembered about it in April and called down, and he said it was still down..."indefinitely." I asked if it was still maintenance issues, and he said it was that...and some FAA stuff. [:/]:(

That's all I've heard. A Perris regular can probably shed a little more light on the subject.
Signatures are the new black.

If only there was some sort of membership driven organization that would go to bat for skydivers against the FAA and assist operators in their battles against the FAA. One that actually got the job done and had the power in the organization that the FAA was willing to listen to...That reminds me, I need to join the AOPA.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That reminds me, I need to join the AOPA.

I have been getting offers to join AOPA in the mail almost every week for the last two months, and I don't even own a plane nor have a pilot's license to fly one. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You can still join AOPA as a non-voting member. Only pilots/aircraft owners can be full members. But then again, you can get a pilot's license by visiting a doctor. You can get a student pilot certificate just by getting a 3rd class medical. It counts.

Dave

You and me both. I see where their membership dues are going. Unsolicited mailers.

I have been getting offers to join AOPA in the mail almost every week for the last two months, and I don't even own a plane nor have a pilot's license to fly one. :S

I am pretty sure you can "rent" the USPA's database of all of their members addresses. It wouldn't suprise me if they purchased access to this from the USPA.

Just a hunch, but it seems more like it is direct marketing, not unsolicited mailing. It also isn't a bad plan either.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Did anyone sign the online potetion the other month to fight the proposed ATC fees for turbine aircraft? That is where they got my info from.

That's where I figured they got my info. I've been getting mailers, too.

Youre getting Them because you signed the petition a few months back. I am sure they saw a huge influx of petitioners and decided they needed the revenue and members so they had a stronger voice.
My photos

My Videos

Aw nuts! I hope not since I was considering planning a trip to paris just to jump that jet this winter!

While you will no doubt find many jets in Paris, I suspect that you'll have even less chance of jumping from any of them than you would have of jumping from the one jet currently parked at Perris airport in California. ;)

I suspect that you'll have even less chance of jumping from any of them than you would have of jumping from the one jet currently parked at Perris airport in California.

Yeah......and the food is better in So. Cal. too! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Aggie,

If only there was some sort of - - - organization that would go to bat for skydivers against the FAA and assist operators in their battles against the FAA.

It is called Congress.

IMO, if your income (or a substantive portion of it) comes from anything in which any federal agency has any sort of oversight, then you should be donating to your congressmen/women every election. I know that I do; even if I don't like their politics (then I give to both candidates).

I have had them 'save my buns' with the FAA numerous times over the years.

Now, if you say that it won't work, let me respectively disagree.

JerryBaumchen

PS) They also saved my keester when it came time for my ex-wife to get 'her share' of my retirement. B|

I don't disagree, writing your congressman/women is a great thing and does accomplish many things; however, its even better when solid organization with a goal and mission is backed with a large number of people.;)

I don't disagree, writing your congressman/women is a great thing and does accomplish many things; however, its even better when solid organization with a goal and mission is backed with a large number of people.;)

DAve

What happened to USPA.They have 30,000+ members and a longhistory of partnering with the FAA to the benifit of skydivers.:|

DAve

What happened to USPA.They have 30,000+ members and a longhistory of partnering with the FAA to the benifit of skydivers

And yet they can't even keep on board member from doing the wrong thing and putting the USPA on the wrong side of a lawsuit. After 9/11 they weren't even able to get us back in the air. The AOPA was the fighting force who got GA back in the air, which in turn got jumping back in the air.

So basically all I see that the USPA has really done over the past few years is lower the standards for AFF-I's and get themselves into a loosing lawsuit that cost the USPA our money.

Yup, hell of a job.

They are indeed having yet more FAA problems with it. They're not going to advertise it unless they know it will be able to fly.

Do you think they've considered selling it and using the money to offset rising fuel & jump ticket prices?

Seems like it hasn't worked out as well for them as first thought?

I may be in Perris on July 3-6.

I see nothing about a jet in the up-coming events ;-(

I just paid $4.19 per gallon of gas this morning. Also, the airshow in Ft Lauderdale, FL was cancelled this year, after 11 years every-year, because of - you guessed it - Price of fuel and the "economy".

Now, probably the DC-9 will be no more ... Thanks to aall in both congress and the middle east ;-(

I hope it's only down for "maintenance".
Fly High ... Don't "Get High"!