MichaelMoore

Perris Jet retired?

I just paid $4.19 per gallon of gas this morning.

I wish! Gas is $4.53 to $4.69 a gallon where I'm at!

I'm afraid that by the end of 08, we won't be skydiving much.

$5.11 per gallon in Canada. (it was $1.35 per litre last weekend). this is getting ridiculous!

$5.11 per gallon in Canada. (it was $1.35 per litre last weekend). this is getting ridiculous!

Yeah, but all that extra money y'all pay for gas up there helps go towards all that "free" health care y'all get, right?

:D

Regarding the Perris Jet:
Hope all the paperwork and mechanical stuff will wok out fine and it will be up in the air sometime soon.

Fuel prices:

Stop wining ;)

Gallon in Germany currently at $ 8.83B|
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Did anyone sign the online potetion the other month to fight the proposed ATC fees for turbine aircraft? That is where they got my info from.

I've been getting the AOPA stuff in the mail too and I have never done anything to give USPA my address other than join. And yes I'll join AOPA. But that's not the point.

USPA is collecting their info and selling it to other organizations, and the such.

http://uspa.org/membership/index.htm
(scroll down about 2/3rds of the page)

Mailing list rental program
Order the largest and most accurate mailing list of skydivers—34,000 names and addresses available. Custom sorts allow you to choose any number of USPA members (minimum 500) by zip, city, state, region, gender, date joined, and type of rating.

The rented list is intended for a one-time use only. Subsequent mailings or seasonal mailings require additional rentals.

For detailed information about the mailing list program and to order a mailing list, please read and complete the following documents:

Mailing Rental Program Specifications:
http://uspa.org/membership/pdf/USPAMAILINGLISTPROGRAM12-06.pdf

Mailing List Rental Program Order Form:
http://uspa.org/membership/pdf/MailListOrderForm12-06.pdf

Mailing List Rental Program Agreement:
http://uspa.org/membership/pdf/USPAMAILINGLISTAGREEMENT12..pdf

For further questions, e-mail us.
mailto:[email protected]

I have jumped the Jet and loved it. I have to thank the owners for giving me that experience in life at such an affordable rate......

However, In my opinion and my imagination i have only ever been able to think of the jet as a 'novelty' jumpship. I have often wondered why they bought this jet and sunk so much money into it when at the ned of the day it would only be a 'novelty' aircraft, mainly because it is a lot higher cost than a normal jump ticket and secondly cause they would need alot of jumpers just for a single load.

Was there a different plan for the aircraft?

Also, I was told by a pilot for air new zealand that owns a dropzone in new zealand that he was dead keen on brinign it over to new zealand for a boogie but the jet had been converted so that it could only carry enough fuel for a two hour flight? If this is the case then it is obvoius that the jet was not intended to go around the world for all the big boogies outside of the usa.

I would love to hear if there were any other purposes this aircraft was going to be for as it is hard to imagine that they have gone through all this trouble just so it could be an overpriced jumpship with a fast exit speed and super fast climb rate.

I have not made a judgement on what the owners have bought it for or anything and that is why i ask the questions while explaining what i can make out.

Eitherway, this jet was a blast and something i would have paid alot more money for than $100 to have the experience. I probably would have paid 10 times that for a single one time jump just to have the experience. What a blast!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I jumped the jet. Not very exciting. They should sell it and get a PAC750 or King Air. Money much better spent.
However, the jet is just a gimmicky draw for Perris. It's about selling jump tickets. Is it really necessary to have a 100ways every other week? Just a big money generator. This is why you rarely see freefly being pushed as much.

If I had to take a guess, I say this is part of the FAA "problems" they're having...

The FAA has revised the rules under which larger aircraft operate and USPA has succeeded in ensuring that the impact on skydiving is minimal. Nearly all jump planes operate under Part 91, the general operating rules. Larger airplanes "which have a seating configuration of 20 or more passengers or a maximum payload capacity of 6,000 pounds or more" are required to operate under Part 125, which imposes far more burdensome maintenance, training, and operating requirements. Few jump planes have payloads exceeding 6,000 lbs. or more, namely the CASA 212 and DC-3, and many of those operators flew under an FAA blanket deviation from Part 125. Though Twin Otters and Skyvans routinely fly with up to 23 skydivers, years ago USPA had won an FAA policy ruling that Part 125 did not apply.

Last year, the FAA announced that it would no longer issue blanket deviations for the larger planes, starting April 1st, 2008. USPA's concern turned into action when FAA officials began insisting that any jump plane that carried more than 19 skydivers would also have to be flown under Part 125. If so, Twin Otter and Skyvan operators had two choices, obtain a letter of deviation that allowed jump flights, but no other flights with passengers or cargo, or limit the number of skydivers to 19. The affect would be devastating. For the better part of a year, USPA kept up negotiations. It wasn't easy. Turnover in the agency meant that USPA had to deal with three different FAA individuals, each time starting over. And each time hearing official remarks that were ominous. So it wasn't clear that USPA's view would prevail. Until now. The FA

A has announced that the only skydiving airplanes that will be subject to Part 125 will be those airplanes that previously had a letter of deviation. Twin Otters and Skyvans will continue flying under Part 91, with as many seat-belted skydivers as weight and balance will allow.

... now what someone was saying at Taft this past weekend about no more DC-3 loads or only DC-3 loads with like 19 jumpers on board. This bites. I'm glad they were able to keep Otters and Skyvans off the list, but with the number of incidents involving jump planes across the U.S. here the past few months, I'm sure the FAA will be up our ass more. :(>:([:/] Remember the FAA's motto, "We're not happy until you're not happy." :D

http://www.uspa.org/membership/dzoincoming/DZOStreamline040308.htm

I hate to say it, but Perris should think about selling the jet and use the money to buy Jet-A to put in their Otters, Skyvan and Porter.

limit the number of skydivers to 19. The affect would be devastating.

Sounds pretty nice to me. More legroom!

I hate to say it, but Perris should think about selling the jet

I can’t say I feel sorry for them. They are making a killing on the wind tunnel. They thought they could do the same with the jet.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of having a jet jump plane but I think they hit the financial ceiling for most skydivers with what they are willing to spend for a single jump.

I can’t say I feel sorry for them. They are making a killing on the wind tunnel.

Are they really? I can't say as I know one way or the other. Do you have any real insight?

Anyway, I guess I cannot say as I feel bad for them either. Perris is a good Drop Zone and decently run, but when the day comes, they'll get to a point where it will be financially more attractive to sell the property to some developer than to keep running a Drop Zone. [:/]

I can’t say I feel sorry for them. They are making a killing on the wind tunnel. They thought they could do the same with the jet.

That is an ignorant post. Its called free market capitalism. Go open up your own wind tunnel if they make that much money. Do you know what that tunnel even cost??? How about what they spent in electricity ever mounth??? What about royalties???? You dont have a clue, and it is obvious that you dont own a company.:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

The Conatsers love airplanes and flying. Good thing for us, or we wouldn't have super otters, porters, skyvans or a jet to leap out of. The jet was a "project". A huge challenge to be overcome and was. The WFFC was going to be a use for it, as are jumps at Perris.
It's a good thing that the Coantsers, the Hills, etc. put up with a bunch of pain in the ass, smelly "up jumpers" for their love of aviation.
The "Mega DZ" is a huge headache to run.
The property and aircraft are worth WAY more than a DZ operation, but they won't be selling any time soon. Lucky for us...

Yes, a novelty jump plane it must be. But thank God for them! They add so much to the skydiving experience in my humble opinion. I've not had the chance to jump it and was so looking forward to jumping from it this summer, if possible. But I would settle for a raft-dive out of the skyvan. It's been my dream since my first tandem back in '04. I hope the jet isn't put out of commission permanently.:(

"Wanna cookie little boy?"

The Conatsers love airplanes and flying. Good thing for us, or we wouldn't have super otters, porters, skyvans or a jet to leap out of. The jet was a "project". A huge challenge to be overcome and was. The WFFC was going to be a use for it, as are jumps at Perris.
It's a good thing that the Coantsers, the Hills, etc. put up with a bunch of pain in the ass, smelly "up jumpers" for their love of aviation.
The "Mega DZ" is a huge headache to run.
The property and aircraft are worth WAY more than a DZ operation, but they won't be selling any time soon. Lucky for us...

Here, Here. Well said Rich. The Belize Bandit has spoken.;)

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I didn't see where the owners/operators of the Casas have resolved their compliance issues with this directive? Have they? If I recall correctly, is Paul Fayard the only person in the USA that owns Casas used for skydiving? How is this affecting him?

I love the Casas... my favorite big way plane.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A lot of the CASA loads anymore are done for the military and Fayard Enterprizes has slowly been convertling the planes to Part 135 operation aircraft anyways over the last few years. The military and other firms are paying a lot more money then skydivers do for the planes so its easier to make money off of them.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

A lot of the CASA loads anymore are done for the military and Fayard Enterprizes has slowly been convertling the planes to Part 135 operation aircraft anyways over the last few years. The military and other firms are paying a lot more money then skydivers do for the planes so its easier to make money off of them.

So are we likely to only see his Casas in use at big way record attempt events than the occasional boogie?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'll say get in your CASA jumps now while there are still CASA's flying civilian jumnpers in the US. ;)

Yeah, I've got a couple of Fayard CASA jumps in my log-book... almost fucking died in the thing on the 1st takeoff :o:S... I should add "getting in the thing for a 2nd CASA jump", to the list of "stupid things I've done during my skydiving career" >:([:/]:$:|... :D

I guess my point is... for me... because of that experience, I'm not too worried if CASA's don't get a waiver, all have to operate under Part 135 and as a sport jumper I never see one offered up to jump again... but like I said, that's just me. ;)

I'll say get in your CASA jumps now while there are still CASA's flying civilian jumnpers in the US. ;)

I have 170 CASA jumps and my super big way days are pretty much over. I wouldn't mind one more for old time's sake but it won't be a big deal if it doesn't happen. :P

when the day comes, they'll get to a point where it will be financially more attractive to sell the property to some developer than to keep running a Drop Zone

Good luck finding a lender!

I think about 50% of the houses sold in SW Riverside county in the last few months were foreclosures. With the price of gas, not as many people are interested in the long commutes to jobs in Orange or L.A. Counties. It will be years before there is any significant new residential construction in that area
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

Y'all just need to come over to Europe and jump the AN72. Jet aircraft with a big ass tailgate. 70+ jumpers to 16K in 6 minutes

There's a boogie happening in Germany at the end of July / start of august at an international airport - that never got used - where they will have at least one, and if the numbers are there, 2!

PM if you want more details. B|

Edited to add a link to piccys on google

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies