4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

An opinion piece:  Opinion | The Tragedy of Mike Pence - POLITICO

There’s not much heroism at work when a blockhead, caught in a squeeze by his boss, asks a dunce for advice. 

Jerry Baumchen

For those who don't want to read the story: "Pence asked fellow Hoosier and former Vice President Dan Quayle if there was any way he could pause certification....Quayle performed above his weight class and delivered the correct verdict. “Mike, you have no flexibility on this. None. Zero. Forget it. Put it away,” Quayle reportedly said."

Which one could interpret to such effect that Pence was falsely attributed a backbone because of this.

9 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Most likely the secret service would have had enough bullets to drive off the hoards. There could have been several casualties. Pence would not have been taken without a bloodbath.

Since the protestors had no guns Pence was never in danger.  Don’t forget the only person killed on January 6 was a small female veteran.

15 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Since the protestors had no guns Pence was never in danger.  Don’t forget the only person killed on January 6 was a small female veteran.

Two consecutive lies, two sentences.  Poor performance.  Trump could get four lies in a SINGLE SENTENCE.  You have a lot of work to do to measure up to your messiah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Pfff what do guns have to do with danger?

In Uvalde there were tons of guns and for the longest time the guy killing kids was not in danger.

Hah! 

Right wingers every single time there's a mass shooting "The gun was irrelevant! He could have killed all those people with a knife or a boomerang or a rusty spoon if he really wanted to!"

Right wingers on Jan 6th "There were hardly any guns! How could one person possibly have been endangered by a thousand rioters who weren't even heavily armed????"

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kallend said:

What a vile apology for an American:

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2022/06/what-trump-has-taken-from-us/661358/

"What Trump has taken from us"

Hi John,

From your link:  I was talking with a close friend recently who admitted to me that she might vote by mail for the next few elections

IMO every American should demand a system that allows them to do this.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)

This is one of the most affecting bits of testimony I’ve seen from a county poll worker. She was publicly, baselessly accused of fraud by Trump, Giuliani and others in Trump’s legal team and has faced constant death threats ever since.

Do you know how it feels to have the President of the United States target you?

….

Now I won't even introduce myself by my name anymore,

I get nervous when I bump into someone I know in the grocery store who says my name. I'm worried about who is listening. I get nervous when I have to give my name for food orders. 

I've lost my name and I've lost my reputation.

I’d love to hear more from Brent about how none of this has any importance.

Edited by jakee

On 6/21/2022 at 7:15 PM, brenthutch said:

You clearly have never been in the middle of civil disobedience.

I guess the Capitol Police had nothing to worry about either.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:32 AM, jakee said:

This is one of the most affecting bits of testimony I’ve seen from a county poll worker. She was publicly, baselessly accused of fraud by Trump, Giuliani and others in Trump’s legal team and has faced constant death threats ever since.

Do you know how it feels to have the President of the United States target you?

….

Now I won't even introduce myself by my name anymore,

I get nervous when I bump into someone I know in the grocery store who says my name. I'm worried about who is listening. I get nervous when I have to give my name for food orders. 

I've lost my name and I've lost my reputation.

I’d love to hear more from Brent about how none of this has any importance.

That bit really got to me. First I simply felt terrible for those women and then, later on, I added seriously angry to the stew. We are in such an awful place in this country now. I for one don't really care to hear from Brent on this. No doubt he'll focus on the gofundme set-up to give them some help and peace and speculate that a nexus exists between Shaye, Lady Ruby and BLM. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grimmie said:

You clearly have never been in the middle of civil disobedience.

I guess the Capitol Police had nothing to worry about either.

Hi Rich,

Neither have I.  But, I have been a victim of a mob.  One of those things in life that you have to experience to truly know.

Jerry Baumchen

14 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That bit really got to me. First I simply felt terrible for those women and then, later on, I added seriously angry to the stew. We are in such an awful place in this country now. I for one don't really care to hear from Brent on this. No doubt he'll focus on the gofundme set-up to give them some help and peace and speculate that a nexus exists between Shaye, Lady Ruby and BLM. 

Hi Joe,

And, if we do not turn this around, IMO we doomed.

Jerry Baumchen

26 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

And, if we do not turn this around, IMO we doomed.

Jerry Baumchen

We aren't but those just 30-40 years younger might be. Too many people in the world seem happy with the idea of authoritarianism. Trump was, and is, simply a single feature of that in America. People also rejoice over an authoritarian Republican party and an authoritarian Supreme Court. Apparently, it's what people want moving forward.

(edited)

Do you mean to tell us the Republicans party locked us down, closed our businesses,mandated vaccines and closed the schools like Shanghai.

I think the youth of our Nation got a taste of draconian authoritarianism all right. Missed graduations, clandestine parties and canceled trips to Canada.Kangaroo courts that have the power to call demonstrations of dissidents insurrectionist. An authoritarian Supreme Court that affirmed States Rights.Got it! 

I had heard the viewership of the hearings are as well received, as CNN+.

To point;

I hope you enjoy the doomed viewpoint LOL

Edited by richravizza
We be doomed

(edited)
1 hour ago, richravizza said:

An authoritarian Supreme Court that affirmed States Rights.Got it! 

Right. The Supreme Court took a big step towards affirming the rights of State governments (or the Feds) to ban you from doing almost anything at all in your personal, private life that the Constitution doesn’t explicitly say they can’t ban. That is authoritarianism. I have no idea why some people have this twisted view that States’ rights are an inherently good thing when what is usually being talked about is the ability of State governments to clamp down on your personal rights.

Like the racists and morons who frame the civil war as a States’ rights issue as if that is somehow favourable to the south. States shouldn’t have the right to enslave people. Human rights trump States’ rights and in this day and age you’d pretty much need to be a neo-Nazi to think otherwise.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Like the racists and morons who frame the civil war as a States’ rights issue as if that is somehow favourable to the south.

Exactly!  Why, if we repeal the 13th Amendment, then we will remove the iron grip that the Feds have on the throats of people, and affirm a States Right to legislate with freedom and liberty!  It would be a great day indeed for whites everywhere.

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And there is a Select Committee meeting for tomorrow morning announced at the last minute. I wonder who wants to go on the record before the marshals arrive?

Someone thinking the same thing I was thinking: