4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

4 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Sky,

You are correct; it was a plea agreement.

Jerry Baumchenb

Not surprising to see the mistake. I've seen multiple headlines this morning saying "Proud Boys Leader Pleads Guilty", without a name, causing the reader to assume they are talking about Enrique Tarrio.

• Like 1

Give me a fucking break. That's the stupidest spoon-fed BS I've seen in awhile.

I also remember sit-ins. They normally weren't done during important transitions, and long-term occupations were not, in fact, common. They also often resulted in people going to jail (I have friends who were arrested and served time for protesting outside the School of the Americas).

Wendy P.

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

I am very saddened that one woman was shot to death, one woman was beaten to death and two men were killed with tear gas grenades that day. Four dead protestors. Is that the blood you are referring to?

Nope. Criminals killed by police in the course of defending the public aren't all that tragic in my mind.  IIRC, Trump got his supporters cheering when the cops killed a protester in Portland, and I am sure you were cheering along with them.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

No mean feat considering the skill and determination of even the part time competitors on SC.

I love it when Wendy is goaded into speaking plainly. It even made me break my personal rule and read the drivel that led to it.

37 minutes ago, Slim King said:

US citizens have the right to Due Process ... It's illegal to murder someone without an arrest, a trial, conviction, and death sentence

Does that apply to George Floyd and people like him as well? Do you have plans for self-defense if someone breaks into your house? You do know that if you use your second amendment rights to defend your home and family, you’re supposed to shoot at center mass, right?

Wendy P. 

49 minutes ago, Slim King said:

US citizens have the right to Due Process ... It's illegal to murder someone without an arrest, a trial, conviction, and death sentence.

It's always illegal to murder someone.

It is not illegal for a cop to kill someone who is trying to murder or kidnap someone else, and who refuses to stop when told to by said cop.

If a cop tells you to stop while you are trying to kill or kidnap someone, and you don't - you have just killed yourself.  If you don't want to die, don't 1) try to kidnap or kill people and 2) don't keep trying after a cop tells you to stop.  I know 1) is tough for Trump supporters.

28 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The FBI is supposed to work for us and have no secrets from us

Part 1 of that statement is correct. Part 2 is not during an ongoing investigation. And  it’s illegal to break into the Capitol. It’s fucking treasonous to do it during a transition of power, especially after all the court cases (many in front of Trump appointees) that had no actual evidence (as opposed to statements) of fraud.

And don’t give me the 2000 Mules bullshit. I’m too lazy to go debunking it point by point myself (just as you’re probably too lazy to go proving it point by point — it’s really long, and makes a shit ton of claims). But others have done so, and you know what? I have read a significant part of the debunking, and it holds together, even when held up to external facts and data, so I’ll go with that  

Data trumps wishes and beliefs sometimes. Not when it comes to feelings (we’ve all loved an idiot at some time or another), but when it comes to significant decisions, data should rule  

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slim King said:

You fear 2000 Mules ....Or just lazy. Not a single person has debunked 2000 Mules. They tracked the Mules with their phones and then verified it with the video's of the ballot boxes. It's far from complicated.

I told you I’m lazy. But here are some sources for you to check. Your statement that no one has disproved anything is false

Reuters

Politifact

Denver Post (source to them of AP)

Wendy P. 

3 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I told you I’m lazy. But here are some sources for you to check. Your statement that no one has disproved anything is false

Reuters

Politifact

Denver Post (source to them of AP)

Wendy P. 

And  https://www.factcheck.org/2022/06/evidence-gaps-in-2000-mules/ not that 2000 refutations would convince the fellow.

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

So these people were going to kill everyone but they somehow left 400,000,000 guns at home 

?? In May of this year, Salvador Ramos left 400,000,000 guns at home too.  He only brought one, which he used to murder 19 kids, two teachers and his own grandmother.  If you were there and had a gun, would you let him go because he was not a real threat to anyone with his single gun?

Didn't bring a single one.

You have GOT to stop blindly believing everything Tucker Carlson says.

Lonnie Coffman was arrested at the Capitol riot and when his vehicle was searched police found one handgun, a rifle and a shotgun, along with hundreds of rounds of ammunition, several large-capacity magazines and 11 Molotov cocktails.  When they searched his person they found two more handguns.

Guy Reffitt was arrested for bringing a handgun to the riot.  He was found guilty on weapons charges.  During his trial he said he saw eight other rioters carrying handguns.

Christopher Michael Alberts was arrested by police for bringing a handgun to the riot.  When searched they found a second magazine on him..

So much for your claim.

Now we know that police fired at a rioter in a violent mob armed with handguns.  Good for them.  They saved lives that day.

The FBI refuses to tell us how many undercover agents they had riling on the unarmed crowd

Are you asking why the FBI doesn't reveal the details of their undercover operations?

Do you understand how undercover operations work?

The FBI is supposed to work for us 

That is exactly right!  And they did.  They protect us against criminals who would harm us.

By the way, not sure you are aware of this, but the Capitol Police - not the FBI - were the ones protecting America from this violent, well armed crowd of insurrectionists.  They are to be commended for protecting America that day - not attacked by people who hate free elections.

Serious question, why isn't this dude booted already? Only two scenarios are possible:

1. They are a troll deliberately spreading mis/disinformation
  2. They are genuinely this stupid and incapable of engaging in good faith

Neither option provides any value, and as has been previously pointed out, their spam posting of links to extremely questionable sources helps boost those sites in the eyes of search algorithms.

Allowing them to continue to do so is actively harmful in a broad sense, not just to us poor saps foolish enough to hang out here.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Allowing them to continue to do so is actively harmful in a broad sense, not just to us poor saps foolish enough to hang out here.

I block their posts and get some amusement from other arguing with them. The audience here has become pretty small, without the trolls there isn't that much going on anyway. It is SC, let them S.

11 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Serious question, why isn't this dude booted already? Only two scenarios are possible:

1. They are a troll deliberately spreading mis/disinformation
  2. They are genuinely this stupid and incapable of engaging in good faith

Neither option provides any value, and as has been previously pointed out, their spam posting of links to extremely questionable sources helps boost those sites in the eyes of search algorithms.

Believe it or not. There are likely hundreds of forums in the US and likely elsewhere. Where the regurgitation of Tucker turds is non stop. All the B.S. is debated by mom and pop christian trump followers as if its all gospel.

On occasion one should look at cancer, a hemorrhoid, etc. Just to see how the other side lives. As such I agree with Ken(above).

Hi folks,

Looks like this former student will be continuing his education; but, not in a school of study of his choosing:  24-year-old Secor was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison

Former UCLA Student Christian Secor Sentenced In Capitol Riot Case : NPR

I have this feeling he is going to learn some things he will really want to forget.

Jerry Baumchen

Another one gets convicted.  Found guilty on two felonies, with jury hung on more -- most importantly they were split on the interference with Congress charge which carries a 20 year maximum sentence.   Immediately remanded to custody (she probably thought she would be walking out free); sentencing to follow in a few months.  No word on whether the JD will re-try for the charges with split verdicts.  My guess is that they will not, or maybe it will depend on what sentence gets handed out for the existing guilty convictions.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/defendants/williams-riley-june

Hi folks,

I would have really liked to have been there to see this:  declined to shake hands with . . . McConnell’s outstretched palm.

Family of fallen Jan. 6 officer refuses to shake hands with GOP leader at medal ceremony: watch - oregonlive.com

One of those times when a symbolic gesture is far more meaningful than any words could tell.

Jerry Baumchen

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I would have really liked to have been there to see this:  declined to shake hands with . . . McConnell’s outstretched palm.

Family of fallen Jan. 6 officer refuses to shake hands with GOP leader at medal ceremony: watch - oregonlive.com

One of those times when a symbolic gesture is far more meaningful than any words could tell.

Jerry Baumchen

I just read yesterday that McConnell has not talked to Trump since December 2020, and has not visited Mar-a-Lago. Of course he did spend four years enabling the deranged fool, so he is still an accomplice.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/19/trump-criminal-charges-jan-6-panel-capitol-attack

From the news story:
"The January 6 committee has referred Donald Trump to the justice department to face criminal charges, accusing the former president of fomenting an insurrection and conspiring against the government over his attempt to subvert the outcome of the 2020 election, and the bloody attack on the US Capitol."

other news on that
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/12/19/us/jan-6-committee-trump
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3781265-how-trump-is-likely-to-be-haunted-by-jan-6-panel-long-after-its-exit/

does that finally qualify & enable courts & prosecutors to engage in legal action????