6 6
JerryBaumchen

Trump - The Forgotten Person

Just now, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

I agree.  It is if logic & rationale all go out the window; with their money.

Not that I am perfect, mind you.

Jerry Baumchen

I know a pretty successful business owner that leases exotic sports cars, mainly to impress.

Leases. That's not all that impressive, but it IS his entire personality. 

He seems to want to spend large amounts of money to simply impress other people.

Meh. I prefer to save as much as possible and balance it with enjoying life. Saving will be a part of the enjoyment.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

It is if logic & rationale all go out the window; with their money.

Judging by what I have observed over the years I have a much larger ability to resist sales techniques like those than many others in my life. And the older I get the more it is so.

Edited by gowlerk

1 hour ago, billvon said:

I read things like this and it makes me realize why I don't understand most people's buying habits.

Makes sense. You're an engineer and logic predominates your thinking. For some people emotion, "gut feelings", etc. predominate. Thats not to say emotion doesn't sway your decision making. Only that the dominate decision focus is usually a rational pro v. con process.

4 hours ago, normiss said:

I know a pretty successful business owner that leases exotic sports cars, mainly to impress.

Leases. That's not all that impressive, but it IS his entire personality. 

He seems to want to spend large amounts of money to simply impress other people.

Meh. I prefer to save as much as possible and balance it with enjoying life. Saving will be a part of the enjoyment.

I worked with a guy years ago who had his entire career mapped out in terms of what car he was going to own at what age and stage. I remember thinking even as an early 20 something that was pretty pathetic. A lot of my uni peers got caught in the cycle of "keeping up with the joneses" in London as well. I just don't work that way.

5 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I worked with a guy years ago who had his entire career mapped out in terms of what car he was going to own at what age and stage.

We ended up with a very good deal on a house about 12 years ago.  Long story but we weren't really looking and it sort of fell into our lap.  So we bought it after a truly epic show of nonsense from the sellers, and moved in about six months after we made the offer.  The day after we moved in, Amy found out she was pregnant and suddenly we needed a bigger house, so it ended up working out.

We had a housewarming party with people from work and one co-worker said "wow, this is like an end-game house!"  I had never looked at it like a game, or at the idea that it had a finish line or an end.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

We ended up with a very good deal on a house about 12 years ago.  Long story but we weren't really looking and it sort of fell into our lap.  So we bought it after a truly epic show of nonsense from the sellers, and moved in about six months after we made the offer.  The day after we moved in, Amy found out she was pregnant and suddenly we needed a bigger house, so it ended up working out.

We had a housewarming party with people from work and one co-worker said "wow, this is like an end-game house!"  I had never looked at it like a game, or at the idea that it had a finish line or an end.

Drive the wheels off whatever car you have and only have the car you need, wear out your clothes, don't live in a house bigger than you need, work, work and work some more, save, save, save. At all times fear being old and poor until you have enough saved that the fear goes away and then burn through the pile having the absolute best time you can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Drive the wheels off whatever car you have and only have the car you need, wear out your clothes, don't live in a house bigger than you need, work, work and work some more, save, save, save. At all times fear being old and poor until you have enough saved that the fear goes away and then burn through the pile having the absolute best time you can.

Or die too young to enjoy the fruits. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Or die too young to enjoy the fruits. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice.

Ya blows your money and society pays your bills. I didn't come from money. My Dad's depression stories and seeing what old people who had nothing suffered made big impressions on me. Frankly, I don't see how everyone doesn't fear that the same way.

40 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Frankly, I don't see how everyone doesn't fear that the same way.

I have known people who went through that and have that fear. I come from solidly working class folk who lived sensible lifestyles. I have nearly always been able to earn just a little more than I spend. Largely because I don't feel a need to overspend. I am aware that poverty could befall me through misfortune or ill health. But I have somehow managed to stumble through my life mostly avoiding those things. Due to having the good fortune of being born into a stable and well off society I live a lifestyle unavailable to most of the world's population with almost no ambition or drive to push myself higher. Call me lucky because I sure feel that way.

Edited by gowlerk

Seems all so very cartoonish...so Presidential...

spacer.png

so MAGA republican. trump alternates from fundraiser after scam.

"Former U.S. President(link to this story) Donald Trump’s non-fungible token (NFT) digital trading card collection sold out early Friday, the day after its initial release.

According to data from OpenSea, at time of writing, the collection’s trading volume is 900 ETH, or about $1.08 million. Its floor price is about 0.19 ETH, or about $230 – more than double the original price of $99.

Some tokens are selling for much higher prices. The one-of-ones, the rarest of the NFTs, which comprise 2.4% of the 45,000 unit collection (roughly 1,000), are selling for as much as 6 ETH at the time of writing. One of these rare trading cards, of the 45th president standing in front of the Statue of Liberty holding a torch, is currently listed at 20 ETH, or about $24,000.

According to data from Dune Analytics, nearly 13,000 users minted 3.5 tokens upon the release of the collection. Additionally, 115 customers purchased 45 NFTs, which is the minimum number of tokens that guarantees a ticket to a dinner with Trump; 17 people purchased 100 NFTs, which, according to the Trump Trading Card site, was the maximum quantity allowed to mint. However, additional metrics from Dune show that other wallets held far more."

In case anyone had doubts that the end is near. This confirms it.

On 12/17/2022 at 5:24 PM, headoverheels said:

Biden responded to Trump's Major Announcement:

Unlike trump President Biden is a modest man. Sold oil from the reserve at $96 a bbl. 180 million bbl x $26(profit) a bbl now to restock. Equals a $468,000,000 profit. Which is just about what he wants to modernize the reserve.

FOX of course will never mention either one of these facts.