6 6
JerryBaumchen

Trump - The Forgotten Person

49 minutes ago, grimmie said:

It’s sad.

A political party won’t condemn a man that violated his oath to the Constitution by not protecting America from enemies both foreign and domestic.

Out of all the things he has done, what he didn’t do was the worst. Doing nothing as the Capitol is ransacked and lawmakers on true peril.

Its so unreal.

America is broken.

Hi Rich,

It is called 'politics as usual.'

Jerry Baumchen

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You’re right that the party won’t condemn him. Worse is that republicans who identify as intellectuals won’t, for the good of the nation if not intellectual honesty, openly disassociate with the Republican party. Yes, I’m looking at some posters here.

The Republican party is splitting right now; it could be that people want to keep a conservative party that has real conservative values, rather than just saying "fuckit I'm a Democrat," and they realize that the term "libertarian" has been coopted by the far right.

Wendy P.

46 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The Republican party is splitting right now; it could be that people want to keep a conservative party that has real conservative values, rather than just saying "fuckit I'm a Democrat," and they realize that the term "libertarian" has been coopted by the far right.

Wendy P.

It could be or it could not be. Or it could be that there just isn't the level of integrity that's required to say "fuckit my political leanings are less important than playing on a team largely comprised of insurrectionist assholes, morons, and self centered narcissistic dingleberries so I'm out." But you just go on giving out hugs, I offer a different service.

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

The Republican party is splitting right now; it could be that people want to keep a conservative party that has real conservative values, rather than just saying "fuckit I'm a Democrat,"  . . .

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

. . .  the level of integrity that's required to say "fuckit my political leanings are less important than playing on a team largely comprised of insurrectionist assholes, morons, and self centered narcissistic dingleberries so I'm out."

The three paries we will end up with, I think, will be the democratic party, the republican party, and the fuck-you party of Trumpists.

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And is either of us effective in changing things?

Wendy P.

Possibly, but the measuring is the tricky bit. I do think that being direct, affirmative and positional has a  better chance of swaying opinion than being non confrontational.

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

than being non confrontational.

You mean like staying in your own party and trying to evoke change from within, rather than tucking tail and crossing party lines just cause your knickers are twisted on a couple of issues, kinda non-confrontational? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

You mean like staying in your own party and trying to evoke change from within, rather than tucking tail and crossing party lines just cause your knickers are twisted on a couple of issues, kinda non-confrontational? 

Are you suggesting Jeff Flake, Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney, etc. have twisted knickers?

Or non confrontational stay in the party to evoke change types like Lindsey Graham. Who will change loyalties and ideologies on a weekly basis.

I'm just giving you the dig. But until centrist leadership emerges. One that absolutely rejects MAGA politics. You're but a rock in the stream. Sheltering a few fish but otherwise invisible.

Last month republicans were ready to endorse trump ideology. Endorse election denial, etc. But now that 50% of trump endorsed candidates lost they suggest that he is irrelevant. The fact is that more than 50% of republican senators and house members running, won. Republicans won more than 50% of the aggregate vote. trump endorsed candidates really didn't do much worse than average.

IMO billvon is right with his three party change. Once trump and his ideas subside. The republican right will reform as a united right.

This same scenario played out over the last twenty years in Canada with a split of the conservative party on the right. It allowed the left Liberals to form governments. When they lost the popular vote in several consecutive elections.

trump populism is not a sole US phenomenon. Hungary, Brazil and other countries have had populist leaders.

9 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Are you suggesting Jeff Flake, Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney, etc. have twisted knickers?

I "believe" all three have said the same thing I have - If Trump is the nominee; we're out. My point is they remain R's and are trying to wake the GOP the fuck up about the Trumpists. My point is - I won't change parties now; but will if there is not change. My voice is not the only one and the group gets louder. There are more and more R's using their voice on gun control, abortion rights, etc. You (the GOP) needs to listen. 

13 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

But until centrist leadership emerges. One that absolutely rejects MAGA politics.

This. And  then as you state later:

14 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

IMO billvon is right with his three party change. Once trump and his ideas subside. The republican right will reform as a united right.

That is why I remain a rock in the stream. If there comes a point where the stream becomes a river; there's many of us that will change to the Independent party. 

17 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I'm just giving you the dig.

We have a good relationship of discussion, Phil. I appreciate your input. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

...That is why I remain a rock in the stream....

Just as I expected

But i don't think its DeSantis as leader and this is why. "Even as he faced a re-election fight, DeSantis found time to travel the country and campaign with Republican politicians cut from the same cloth. He attended rallies with Kari Lake and Blake Masters in Arizona, Doug Mastriano in Pennsylvania, Lee Zeldin in New York, Mark Ronchetti and Rep. Yvette Herrell in New Mexico, Derek Schmidt in Kansas, and J.D. Vance in Ohio. The first seven all lost, and while Vance emerged victorious, he ran nearly 10 points behind his Ohio Republican ticket mate, Gov. Mike DeWine (who did not campaign with DeSantis). "

I think Liz and Adam would be ideal leaders. But for the MAGA base they are too tainted by the Sept 6th committee. So the search over the next year or so will start. Big republican money donors have turned their backs on trump. Murdoch as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Big republican money donors have turned their backs on trump.

If we can move the needle one degree; it'll change our direction. I have hope (and prayers ;))

I mean if the Mormon church can change its position one degree on same-sex marriage . . .

4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Yes, that’s it exactly. Committed futility just  like the folks in the rubber rooms. 

Hi folks,

Sort of looks like another politician is trying to be 'Forgotten:'  Kari Lake . . . raising concerns about the election process

Kari Lake declines to concede, says she’s assembling legal team | The Hill

It worked so well for Der Leader, why not give it a go?

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Re:  assembling legal team.  Well, Trump has some unpaid lawyers she might get to work for her.  NOT!!!!!!

All of the winning; yea, sure.

6 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Sort of looks like another politician is trying to be 'Forgotten:'  Kari Lake . . . raising concerns about the election process

Kari Lake declines to concede, says she’s assembling legal team | The Hill

It worked so well for Der Leader, why not give it a go?

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Re:  assembling legal team.  Well, Trump has some unpaid lawyers she might get to work for her.  NOT!!!!!!

All of the winning; yea, sure.

I would recommend she hire Rudy Giuliani and Mike Lindell. ;-)

Edited by ryoder
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

I don't think Lindell is a lawyer; but, this one is:  Sydney Powell. I think that Rudy & her, would fit right in with Kari Lake.

Jerry Baumchen

I know Lindell isn't a lawyer; I just included him for entertainment purposes.

"With Trump, we lose," he added.

Pay attention GOP. Don't do the Groupthink shit, don't overthink it, don't think he's out there in left field, Don't look at the numbers without looking at all of them, but you can't help yourself, can you? You're going to fuck this up, aren't you? You're going to let short-term money affect your long-term strategy, aren't you? 

• Like 1