8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

12 minutes ago, jakee said:

Who is paying him what?

Well, it's one of those 'transference' things.

The fools know perfectly well that THEY would commit election fraud, so they think that the only way the Ds could have won is by cheating (funny how almost all the people charged with that crime are Rs).

They also know how much corruption and fraud the Trump spawn have been involved in, so they naturally assume that the 'other side' is also doing it.

On 1/12/2023 at 7:53 AM, BIGUN said:

The cry from the right when classified documents were found in Trump's house was, "The President can declassify material with the stroke of a pen." Why is the same not true here.

That was the cry indeed. But, there is a reason why Trump's legal team has actually never used that reasoning in any legal filings. If he knowingly retained those documents after declassifying them, he is de facto admitting to willfully breaking the PRA, which is a crime. 

4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

That was the cry indeed. But, there is a reason why Trump's legal team has actually never used that reasoning in any legal filings. If he knowingly retained those documents after declassifying them, he is de facto admitting to willfully breaking the PRA, which is a crime. 

Do you mean to imply that certain right wing Trump political supporters and his apologists in the made up news media sphere are thoughtless nincompoops?

9 hours ago, jakee said:
10 hours ago, Coreece said:

It's probably not uncommon for people to expect that to be at least somewhat reliable/accurate.  

It’s not uncommon for people to be ignorant and gullible. What’s your point?

What's your point, that Brent's link is more of a "joke site" than Phil's?

Brent simply did a search for "Hunter Biden's net worth" and picked the first link that came up, Phil did a general search for "net worth" and picked the second link (which was the first relevant link for his purpose)

Brent's link portrays Hunter in a more positive light, listing his assets and various sources of income without including any debts that may offset those assets.

Phil's link focuses more on his debts and how his money was lost in shady business deals, drugs and loose women.

Neither seem to offer any commentary/spin on the current questions surrounding Hunter's residence at Biden's home and his access to confidential documents at a time when he was apparently more vulnerable and unstable than any other point in his life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

What's your point, that Brent's link is more of a "joke site" than Phil's?

My point is that Brent’s site is a joke and no one but a troll or an idiot would take it seriously. The whole thing is pure make believe, as should be painfully obvious to anyone who can read.

Brent's link portrays Hunter in a more positive light, listing his assets and various sources of income

No, it lists a bunch of stuff they just made up.

Neither seem to offer any commentary/spin on the current questions surrounding Hunter's residence at Biden's home and his access to confidential documents at a time when he was apparently more vulnerable and unstable than any other point in his life.

“Hunter Biden benefits by having his father in the White House and also the strong support from Democratic Congressman and Senators. Hunter Biden Net Worth is estimated to grow at a staggering pace of 400% in the upcoming 5-years.”

Nope, no spin at all.

6 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

But, there is a reason why Trump's legal team has actually never used that reasoning in any legal filings. If he knowingly retained those documents after declassifying them, he is de facto admitting to willfully breaking the PRA, which is a crime.

True. I meant it more as the battle cry of the right ain't the same latitude for the left. But, you knew that. I truly worry about this country anymore. I once chastised you from my patriotic heart about the "Banana Republic" comments. We seem to be using them as a benchmark for the future.   

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

True. I meant it more as the battle cry of the right ain't the same latitude for the left. But, you knew that. I truly worry about this country anymore. I once chastised you from my patriotic heart about the "Banana Republic" comments. We seem to be using them as a benchmark for the future.   

You have no apologies to make to anyone you haven't short scooped their share of fajitas. Skydekker isn't wrong to observe that we were approaching banana republic status. But that has changed now that we're once again leading the way in so many truly important areas. Skydekker needs to acknowledge that truth and also the truth of his own countries failings. To wit, if we are a Banana Republic how would he describe his own country in the face of today's challenges?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You have no apologies to make to anyone you haven't short scooped their share of fajitas. Skydekker isn't wrong to observe that we were approaching banana republic status. But that has changed now that we're once again leading the way in so many truly important areas. Skydekker needs to acknowledge that truth and also the truth of his own countries failings. To wit, if we are a Banana Republic how would he describe his own country in the face of today's challenges?

Failings? Failings? What failings? A retired Canadian general told our national broadcaster today. That Canada currently has 20 operational Leopard 2 tanks out of a force of 100. Twenty!  That powerful combat force can't be underestimated.

Regardless of global warming. Keep those bananas in the US.

(edited)
On 1/15/2023 at 10:46 AM, brenthutch said:

Biden snuck classified documents into his private residence, Hunter sold the contents to the Chinese for drug money and gave Joe aka “The Big Guy” his cut.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/13/hunter-biden-lived-at-delaware-home-where-classified-docs-were-kept/

“ Disgraced first son Hunter Biden lived off and on at the Delaware home where classified documents from Joe Biden’s time as vice president were found last month — giving him unrestricted access to America’s secrets while he was addicted to drugs, hammering out shady foreign business deals and under federal investigation.”

My explanation is becoming more and more plausible.

Edited by brenthutch

16 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Our military spending, readiness and capabilities are bad, very bad. Our politics are not as bad, but getting worse. Canada has enough failings but a violent attempt at a coup is not yet on the books.

I don't think the Trump years were a one off that are now behind you. There is more coming.

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Our military spending, readiness and capabilities are bad, very bad. Our politics are not as bad, but getting worse. Canada has enough failings but a violent attempt at a coup is not yet on the books.

I don't think the Trump years were a one off that are now behind you. There is more coming.

If Canadians were prone to violence it would have happened at the opening of the first Tim Hortons. When I worked in Winnipeg some friends wanted to invest in a franchise in the US thinking it would go crazy like in Canada, I just didn't see it. As a society I think you have it up on us when it comes to basic human courtesy, treating others with dignity no matter how different they may be, and understanding that we all live in a shared space like it or not. We should follow the example.

I want the Trump years behind us bad enough to pretend there is a good chance they are but, yes you are right, we are far from out of the woods.

15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

When I worked in Winnipeg some friends wanted to invest in a franchise in the US thinking it would go crazy like in Canada, I just didn't see it.

Tim's has tried a few times and continues to try. They might have some success in select locations but the competition against DD will prevent it from being as popular as in most parts of Canada. TH does now operate in 13 countries around the world, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy a franchise.

I know you guys were wondering how “The Big Guy” aka Joe Biden, got his cut, this might help clear things up.

https://vinnews.com/2023/01/17/document-hunter-biden-rented-dads-home-and-garage-for-49k-per-month/

“Hunter Biden, by his own apparent admission, was renting President Biden’s Delaware home at the same time that classified documents were being stored there illegally. Hunter recorded huge monthly rent payments of $49,910 while living at that home”

I will file this one under “Things that make you go hmmm”

(Reportedly the documents in question had to do with China and Ukraine, two countries Hunter had business dealings with)

(edited)

There are two possibilities for the revelation of “Filegate” the first is that the “they” are done with Biden and are in the process of throwing him under the bus. The second is, while investing Hunter, the FBI uncovered the confluence of Hunter’s business dealings and Joe’s access to classified documents. Thoughts?

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

There are two possibilities for the revelation of “Filegate” the first is that the “they” are done with Biden and are in the process of throwing him under the bus. The second is, while investing Hunter, the FBI uncovered the confluence of Hunter’s business dealings and Joe’s access to classified documents. Thoughts?

I think you sooooooo badly want to believe this right-wing wank fantasy that you’re willing to take some pretty big leaps

3 minutes ago, lippy said:

I think you sooooooo badly want to believe this right-wing wank fantasy that you’re willing to take some pretty big leaps

He really needs a job where he gets to talk to other people outside of his bubble. Do they still have paper routes? 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, lippy said:

What leaps?  The Rs didn’t uncover Biden’s illegal tranche of secret documents. The Rs didn’t pay $49,000 a month to rent out his dad’s house filled with said documents.  He was in illegal possession of these classified documents for at least six years and nobody said anything.  Why now? Biden was outed by his own side, deal with it.

Edited by brenthutch

31 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What leaps?  The Rs didn’t uncover Biden’s illegal tranche of secret documents. The Rs didn’t pay $49,000 a month to rent out his dad’s house filled with said documents.  He was in illegal possession of these classified documents for at least six years and nobody said anything.  Why now? Biden was outed by his own side, deal with it.

Do you really believe that Joseph Robinette Biden is taking foreign, treasonous, graft money from his kid? Please, just a yes or no answer. Any other answer will simply define your intentions, as if we all don't already know.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Do you really believe that Joseph Robinette Biden is taking foreign, treasonous, graft money from his kid? Please, just a yes or no answer. 

You must be new here!  Why would he answer when he can get your goat by (say) deflecting to Biden's laptop or lamenting some hate crime in Oregon that "your ilk" is probably sorta maybe responsible for?

14 minutes ago, billvon said:

You must be new here!  Why would he answer when he can get your goat by (say) deflecting to Biden's laptop or lamenting some hate crime in Oregon that "your ilk" is probably sorta maybe responsible for?

Ever new is how I'm most aptly described, struggling to keep from stumbling as ever.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I like how your link is both saying “look Hunter said he owns Joe’s place, God he’s such a liar and you can’t trust anything he says!” and also “look Hunter wrote on the same form that he pays Joe $50k rent and if he said it then it absolutely positively must be true!”

You can’t resist undermining your entire core argument just to get another unrelated dig in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Do you really believe that Joseph Robinette Biden is taking foreign, treasonous, graft money from his kid? Please, just a yes or no answer. Any other answer will simply define your intentions, as if we all don't already know.

According to Hunter, Joe takes a cut of his business dealings. I will leave it up to you to characterize the nature of those enterprises.

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Do you really believe it's beyond the scope of possibilities?  $600k/year is a pretty big enticement.  It needs to be looked into for sure.

12 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Do you really believe it's beyond the scope of possibilities?  $600k/year is a pretty big enticement.  It needs to be looked into for sure.

Yes, I do believe that and I'll eat crow when proven wrong. $600K per year isn't like the pinball money you hide from your wife. Do you believe he was laundering it on the Amtrak train he took to work every day?