8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

(edited)
11 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Thank you for again proving this is all about political points and not National Security.

News Flash! Trump is no longer in office and Jared is no longer a special envoy.  Biden is the current denizen of the White House, and if his son is profiting from access to confidential information and giving Joe aka “The Big Guy” a cut it IS a matter of National Security, especially where China is concerned.

BTW it was Phil1111 who started this thread not me.

Edited by brenthutch

Just now, brenthutch said:

News Flash! Trump is no longer in office and Jared is no longer a special envoy.  Biden is the current denizen of the White House, and if his son is profiting from access to confidential information and giving Joe aka “The Big Guy” a cut it IS a matter of National Security, especially when China is concerned.

BTW it was Phil1111 who started this thread not me.

Don't care who started it. You brought up the DOJ response and I have been trying to educate you on why that is. You have been backpedaling and moving goal posts ever since.

the word "if" is doing a lot of work in your sentence. But I agree, if he is then it should be investigated. I also believe there is an ongoing FBI investigation into the laptop and there is a Special Prosecutor looking into the classified information found. Those need to be completed before Gym Jordan needs to be involved.

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Don't care who started it. You brought up the DOJ response and I have been trying to educate you on why that is. You have been backpedaling and moving goal posts ever since.

the word "if" is doing a lot of work in your sentence. But I agree, if he is then it should be investigated. I also believe there is an ongoing FBI investigation into the laptop and there is a Special Prosecutor looking into the classified information found. Those need to be completed before Gym Jordan needs to be involved.

“Although one of the Special Counsels was appointed only on January 12, prosecutors on both matters are actively working to enable sharing information with the Committee,

It remains unclear why department officials did not brief lawmakers last fall”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-biden-classified-documents-special-counsels-senate-intelligence-committee/

If the intel committee doesn’t need to know, why is the DOJ “actively working” on providing it?

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

“Although one of the Special Counsels was appointed only on January 12, prosecutors on both matters are actively working to enable sharing information with the Committee,

It remains unclear why department officials did not brief lawmakers last fall”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-biden-classified-documents-special-counsels-senate-intelligence-committee/

If the intel committee doesn’t need to know, why is the DOJ “actively working” on providing it?

If they are then why did you start this all with saying the DOJ wasn't playing ball?

But I said they have a long history of not providing non-public information on pending and ongoing investigations unless there is a National Security concern. From the article you linked:

The Department of Justice is working to brief lawmakers on potential risks to national security after the discovery of classified documents at the homes of both former President Donald Trump and President Biden, a department official told senators in a letter Saturday.

So, you are proving it is all working like I said it would. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

If they are then why did you start this all with saying the DOJ wasn't playing ball?

But I said they have a long history of not providing non-public information on pending and ongoing investigations unless there is a National Security concern. From the article you linked:

The Department of Justice is working to brief lawmakers on potential risks to national security after the discovery of classified documents at the homes of both former President Donald Trump and President Biden, a department official told senators in a letter Saturday.

Skydekker, man, I gotta say you've done a bang up job of explaining reality to Brent. The problem is we live in a world of immiscible realities such that even a great effort like you've made is doomed to frustration. Good on you, though.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Only after the DOJ was threatened by the Chairman and Ranking Member

“In an interview Sunday with “Face the Nation” on CBS, Warner and Rubio objected to Attorney General Merrick Garland’s policy to withhold the documents until the special counsels handling each investigation give authorization. Warner said the DOJ policy “doesn’t hold water.”

DOJ was stonewalling until they got called out.  That is hardly business as usual.

Edited by brenthutch

15 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Only after the DOJ was threatened by the Chairman and Ranking Member

“In an interview Sunday with “Face the Nation” on CBS, Warner and Rubio objected to Attorney General Merrick Garland’s policy to withhold the documents until the special counsels handling each investigation give authorization. Warner said the DOJ policy “doesn’t hold water.”

DOJ was stonewalling until they got called out.  That is hardly business as usual.

This will all end up getting litigated, with the DOJ winning the case, likely in front of SCOTUS.

Just like Congress is trying to stop DOJ from getting the phone contents of Rep Perry. That too will likely end up in front of SCOTUS, where the DOJ will also win.

• Like 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

This will all end up getting litigated, with the DOJ winning the case, likely in front of SCOTUS.

Just like Congress is trying to stop DOJ from getting the phone contents of Rep Perry. That too will likely end up in front of SCOTUS, where the DOJ will also win.

The Senate has tools other than litigation. 
“There also are many non-statutory tools (i.e., tools not requiring legislative enactment to exercise) that may be used by the House, Senate, congressional committees, or individual Members of Congress to influence and control agency action. In some cases, non-statutory measures, such as impeachment and removal, Senate advice and consent to appointments or the ratification of treaties, and committee issuance of subpoenas, can impose legal consequences.”

We will just have to wait and see.  If I am right the intel committee will get what they want. If you are right they will litigate and loose, we just have to wait.

BTW I think you are conflating the Intelligence Committee leadership with the Congress as a whole.

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

The Senate has tools other than litigation. 
“There also are many non-statutory tools (i.e., tools not requiring legislative enactment to exercise) that may be used by the House, Senate, congressional committees, or individual Members of Congress to influence and control agency action. In some cases, non-statutory measures, such as impeachment and removal, Senate advice and consent to appointments or the ratification of treaties, and committee issuance of subpoenas, can impose legal consequences.”

True. GOP doesn't have a Senate majority so impeachment and anything overly detrimental for Dems is pretty unlikely.

Gym Jordan and some others didn't show up for a committee subpoena, so look forward to Gym sending one, the DOJ sending a little bit of info, Gym referring to DOJ for prosecution and DOJ saying no.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

BTW I think you are conflating the Intelligence Committee leadership with the Congress as a whole.

Funny, considering you just listed what the Senate could do even though you are really speaking about Committee leadership.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

True. GOP doesn't have a Senate majority so impeachment and anything overly detrimental for Dems is pretty unlikely.

Gym Jordan and some others didn't show up for a committee subpoena, so look forward to Gym sending one, the DOJ sending a little bit of info, Gym referring to DOJ for prosecution and DOJ saying no.

Funny, considering you just listed what the Senate could do even though you are really speaking about Committee leadership.

No I listed Warner and Rubio no one else.

(edited)
8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No I listed Warner and Rubio no one else.

“impeachment and removal, Senate advice and consent to appointments or the ratification of treaties,“

These are specifically Warner and Rubio’s jobs, are they?

Edited by jakee

10 hours ago, jakee said:

“impeachment and removal, Senate advice and consent to appointments or the ratification of treaties,“

These are specifically Warner and Rubio’s jobs, are they?

I was merely listing powers that Congress has other than litigation.  Meanwhile…..

https://nypost.com/2023/01/30/hunter-biden-alcoa-email-promising-russian-oligarch-info-raises-fresh-concern-about-joes-access/

Joe steals classified documents, gives them to Hunter who sells them to the highest bidder and gives Joe his cut.  The reason the documents were discovered in the first place was because of the Hunter Biden investigation.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I was merely listing powers that Congress has other than litigation.  

But not ones that Warner and Rubio have. You can't have it both ways, and at this point I'm not sure which part of this you're confused about.

13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/30/hunter-biden-alcoa-email-promising-russian-oligarch-info-raises-fresh-concern-about-joes-access/

Joe steals classified documents, gives them to Hunter who sells them to the highest bidder and gives Joe his cut.  The reason the documents were discovered in the first place was because of the Hunter Biden investigation.

"Hunter Biden in 2011 offered to “provide Alcoa with statistical analysis of political and corporate risks, elite networks associated with Oleg Deripaska (OD), Russian CEO of Basic Element company and United company RUSAL,

Direct quote from your source. Where's the intel? BTW, the NYP in the same article that revealed the above email also attacks the supposed 'deep links' that Hunter Biden has with Russian oligarchs. So why does he need classified intel to be able to sell info on Russian oligarchs if he is personally deeply connected to those oligarchs? You guys are fucking hilarious.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jakee said:

But not ones that Warner and Rubio have. You can't have it both ways, and at this point I'm not sure which part of this you're confused about.

"Hunter Biden in 2011 offered to “provide Alcoa with statistical analysis of political and corporate risks, elite networks associated with Oleg Deripaska (OD), Russian CEO of Basic Element company and United company RUSAL,

Direct quote from your source. Where's the intel? BTW, the NYP in the same article that revealed the above email also attacks the supposed 'deep links' that Hunter Biden has with Russian oligarchs. So why does he need classified intel to be able to sell info on Russian oligarchs if he is personally deeply connected to those oligarchs? You guys are fucking hilarious.

Just wait my friend…just wait 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Is this going to be like the Durham investigation?

Just watched Biden’s lawyers spokesman, talked for fifteen minutes and answered ZERO questions.  Just a lot of “I’m not going to speak to that” “you would have to ask…(fill in the blank)” “I have nothing further to add”. Can’t wait for them to dig into the University of Delaware files.

Edited by brenthutch

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

Is this going to be like the Durham investigation?

Yep.  I recall all the Qanon announcements: 

Warrants issued for Clinton arrest
Deep State will be exposed and detained
Massive riots will ensue; National Guard activated!
Banks will be closed
Clinton Global Initiative will be revealed as child sex ring

That was 2017.  Brent is still waiting.

Just watched Biden’s lawyers spokesman, talked for fifteen minutes and answered ZERO questions.  Just a lot of “I’m not going to speak to that” “you would have to ask…” “I have nothing further to add”. Can’t wait for them to dig into the University of Delaware files.

10-12 - Biden documents found 3 - Biden locations searched, voluntarily

1000+ - Trump documents found 1 - Trump location searched, by warrant

Just watched Biden’s lawyers spokesman, talked for fifteen minutes and answered ZERO questions.  Just a lot of “I’m not going to speak to that” “you would have to ask…” “I have nothing further to add”. Can’t wait for them to dig into the University of Delaware files.

Sounds like Trump, but a lot more intelligent.

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

10-12 - Biden documents found 3 - Biden locations searched, voluntarily

1000+ - Trump documents found 1 - Trump location searched, by warrant

Trump had the documents for weeks, in a house protected by the secret service. Biden had them for years scattered across at least three locations including in his garage, unsecured!

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

Trump had the documents for weeks, in a house protected by the secret service. Biden had them for years scattered across at least three locations including in his garage, unsecured!

You mean other than the self storage facility where they were found by people without a security clearance?

24 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Errm, literally any amount of time can be counted in weeks. He had them for a lot of weeks. Only a few weeks short of multiple years, in fact. In a clubhouse open to the public.