2 2
skybytch

Prepping?

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Not true.

Sorry, true.

"The FBI for the first time has identified fringe conspiracy theories as a domestic terrorist threat, according to a previously unpublicized document obtained by Yahoo News.

The FBI intelligence bulletin from the bureau’s Phoenix field office, dated May 30, 2019, describes “conspiracy theory-driven domestic extremists,” as a growing threat, and notes that it is the first such report to do so. It lists a number of arrests, including some that haven’t been publicized, related to violent incidents motivated by fringe beliefs.

The document specifically mentions QAnon, a shadowy network that believes in a deep state conspiracy against President Trump."

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-documents-conspiracy-theories-terrorism-160000507.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=tw

You support Qanon, which the FBI has labeled a domestic terror threat.  And whose members have already threatened to kill people - and who have killed people.

Is there someone in your town with his finger on the trigger waiting for any Qanon-ers to show up there?  Or is such vigilance reserved for people who don't look as much like the rest of your community?

11 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

We have LE back up on our position.

LE back up on our position. Just take a minute and let that acronym and that word detonate like a claymore inside your head. You are just plain out of it, man. You have LE and LEO because, I suppose, no Navy SEAL's or LURP's or RECON live in the hollow. You don't have a place where you live, you have a LIMA position. Break loose dude, you are pissing away the one and only life you will ever have to live.

The RV is an 11-foot-tall silver Sprinter; there is nothing stealth about it. But it does have solar panels that will keep the refrigerator going at least 5 days at least in sunny weather (tested at Lost Prairie). The first plan really is to shelter in place, because of neighbors and family and access to water and food, and the lack of need for gasoline. But I honestly don't think there will be that kind of SHTF, so it's not real high in my list of priorities.

I think SHTF would be an awesome opportunity for some people to decide that the government needs to just take the fuck over, and be "strong." Conflating strong with authoritarian and bullying again.

Wendy P.

20 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Dear Murps2000,

Stay close to those old folks because they might be able to teach you a thing or two ... cat food stew anyone????

Before cat food stew, there is cat stew. If you eat the cat food, the cat will be unhappy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, piisfish said:

Before cat food stew, there is cat stew. If you eat the cat food, the cat will be unhappy. 

I'll take the cat food. I tried some in Vietnam and as a food cat is foul. I did love that the Vietnamese word for cat is Mèo, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I think SHTF would be an awesome opportunity for some people to decide that the government needs to just take the fuck over, and be "strong."

A little while back, Glenn Beck predicted that we would beg for a dictator just to restore some sense of safety and normalcy following the worse case scenario of SHTF.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 10:07 PM, JoeWeber said:

Right. He’s an expert on them. Just like Ron and his crew of White Mane Marauders. 

Then shouldn’t he have known that domestic anti-terrorism isn’t in the purview of the CIA or DOD?

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Nic,

In Berlin, after World War II, a cat was called a 'roof rabbit.'  Lot's of them were eaten.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

in my country eating cats and dogs is still legal. You can’t buy or sell the meat though, and you can’t eat pets, but you can raise the animals for the meat. It is not really done anymore but I do know people who did. In the first half of the 20th century we had feline and canine butchers in Europe. 

also I did see a skinned cat in a  freezer, and understand why rabbits still need to have the head on in the butcher shop. They really look alike. 

• Like 1

How long could a homeless person live out of your bug-out bag?

I ask because mine was stolen out of my car and I am now assembling a new bug-out bag.

My old bug-out bag contained my favourite sleeping bag, matches, knife, flashlight, canteen, canned food, my favourite rain coat, toque, running shoes, spare socks and undies,

17 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Any suggestions about "stealth camping" in an RV or van?

Find a good place to hide. If you find a place that's really hard for someone to get into, it will be really hard for you to get out of. If you find a place where you can see for miles and miles, it will be easy for others to spot you. 

Don't make any noise, smoke (during the day) or light (at night). 

Hope that nobody with more people or bigger guns finds you. 

Being alone (either one person or one family) sucks.

Building a community is a far, far safer bet.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

A little while back, Glenn Beck predicted that we would beg for a dictator just to restore some sense of safety and normalcy following the worse case scenario of SHTF.

Some would. There are those who want one now. 
They tend to be the frightened type. They want a 'strong leader' to tell them what to do.They want someone to keep 'those people' out. You know, by building a wall or something. 

The problem is that those sorts of people want a dictator who's 'like them'. Even if he's not. 
They think that he will protect them. They never understand that they are not even pawns for that dictator. They're nothing. The dictator will let them die by the hundreds of thousands. And pretend that he's doing a 'great job'.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Find a good place to hide. If you find a place that's really hard for someone to get into, it will be really hard for you to get out of. If you find a place where you can see for miles and miles, it will be easy for others to spot you. 

Don't make any noise, smoke (during the day) or light (at night). 

Hope that nobody with more people or bigger guns finds you. 

Being alone (either one person or one family) sucks.

Building a community is a far, far safer bet.

Some would. There are those who want one now. 
They tend to be the frightened type. They want a 'strong leader' to tell them what to do.They want someone to keep 'those people' out. You know, by building a wall or something. 

Prepping for the zombie apocalypse?

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Indeed - that's why the Boogaloo Boys are eager to cause that very SHTF.

5 minutes ago, piisfish said:

Prepping for the zombie apocalypse?

Me? No. As I noted above, about a decade ago, I took a good long look at what sorts of 'disasters' I might face, where I live. No earthquakes, no floods, no hurricanes. No race riots, there's really nobody but white people in the area (seriously, minorities are really in the minoritiy here). And, while I live a block from a fairly big cemetary, as far as I can determine, there's only 2 people on record (well, questionable records) coming back from the dead. And that was a couple thousand years ago. Not worrying at all about zombies.

But it can be a fun intellectual exercise.

I knew a few fairly hardcore survivalists back in the 80s. Or at least they thought they were.

They really hadn't thought through all the scenarios they imagined. 

I had a found a decent amount of amusement asking them 'well, what if this happens?' Or 'what if guys like that show up?'

Their ideas of fortifying a large building were pretty laughable. Especially when the local National Guard armory has mortars.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Then shouldn’t he have known that domestic anti-terrorism isn’t in the purview of the CIA or DOD?

Oh, he doesn't care or even think about it. LE, DOD, LEO, CIA, QANON, WWG1WGA, IM1RU12?,  whatever. Any alphabet soup secret sounding nonsense will suffice to get the saliva dripping in the Asshats for Armageddon, SHTF or Proud Boys get out and knock some heads together crowd. Given how seductive that sort of ridiculous crap is to so many you really have to wonder if the species has a chance.

10 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Oh, he doesn't care or even think about it. LE, DOD, LEO, CIA, QANON, WWG1WGA, IM1RU12?,  whatever. Any alphabet soup secret sounding nonsense will suffice to get the saliva dripping in the Asshats for Armageddon, SHTF or Proud Boys get out and knock some heads together crowd. Given how seductive that sort of ridiculous crap is to so many you really have to wonder if the species has a chance.

IGMJKYHOMS.  I will have to start using that more often with the REMFs of the world.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Quote from speaker's bio:

XXXXXXXXXX’s Mission is to educate the public on counterterrorism and situational awareness in order to help them better protect their communities, their loved ones, and themselves.

XXXXXXXXXX brings over thirty years of experience in Security and Counterterrorism as a former Intelligence Officer serving with the Central Intelligence Agency and the Department of Defense in Eastern and Western Europe, and the Middle East, and in law enforcement. His expertise took him to Iraq from 2004-2007 where he served as an advisor for counterterrorism and counter-IED operations to the Commanding General, U.S. Army Multi-National Corps – Iraq.

6 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Quote from speaker's bio:

XXXXXXXXXX’s Mission is to educate the public on counterterrorism and situational awareness in order to help them better protect their communities, their loved ones, and themselves.

XXXXXXXXXX brings over thirty years of experience in Security and Counterterrorism as a former Intelligence Officer serving with the Central Intelligence Agency and the Department of Defense in Eastern and Western Europe, and the Middle East, and in law enforcement. His expertise took him to Iraq from 2004-2007 where he served as an advisor for counterterrorism and counter-IED operations to the Commanding General, U.S. Army Multi-National Corps – Iraq.

Weird you feel you have to mask who this person is if their mission is to educate the public.