2 2
skybytch

Prepping?

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I also see that some Republican Senators are finally turning their backs on Trump.

I would interpret this as analogous to rats fleeing a sinking ship. Sasse has known what he knows for a long time. Suddenly he has courage for some reason. 

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I would interpret this as analogous to rats fleeing a sinking ship. Sasse has known what he knows for a long time. Suddenly he has courage for some reason. 

Sasse also said something to the effect that the Presidency isn't all that important, that the Senate holds the real power.

Not sure I agree entirely with that, but I have to admit that McConnell thwarted Obama on a lot of things and has done a lot to ensure the conservative agenda during the Trump debacle. 

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Sasse also said something to the effect that the Presidency isn't all that important, that the Senate holds the real power.

There is no military attache following Moscow Mitch around with a case full of codes. There is only one Commander in Chief. As I'm sure even Sasse knows. It's good for him that he has excuses at the ready though.

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

There is no military attache following Moscow Mitch around with a case full of codes. There is only one Commander in Chief. As I'm sure even Sasse knows. It's good for him that he has excuses at the ready though.

Very true.

But, from a different viewpoint, look at the Federal Judge garbage.

McConnell essentially stopped Obama from appointing any federal judges. 

And since Trump took over, he's been appointing them at a rate that is astonishing. 
He's put more in place than anyone in a long time.

They are almost exclusively white and male. And young enough that their impact will be felt for a looong time.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/02/886285772/trump-and-mcconnell-via-swath-of-judges-will-affect-u-s-law-for-decades

I think there are true believers and extremists in a lot of directions. Al Qaeda, ISIS, some of our homegrown militias that train incessantly, some right-wing religious folks who see only one true way and want everyone to live the same way (return to “decency”, no outward display of homosexuality, some left-wing folks who are fine with shaming churchgoers — the list goes on

We aren’t a country of one true way; a tight association of states isn’t designed to be that. Trying to drive in a direction is wrong.

Wendy P. 

23 minutes ago, jakee said:

Why does a true believer want to kill me?

Because at the heart of these so called "true believers" is a thief and a killer who is only interested in himself. Those not exposed to such luciferian thinking would say "welcome friend", come and enjoy peace and a meal with us".

On 10/12/2020 at 2:27 PM, brenthutch said:

I thought we were talking about prepping 

Let's return this discussion to prepping.

How many beans, bullets and bandaids should I stock?

How many bottles of bleach should I stock?

Is powdered bleach better than liquid bleach (longer shelf life)?