2 2
skybytch

Prepping?

With regard to people arming themselves as a part of prepping, one thing I'm curious about is what you plan to do with bodies if they start piling up around your safe space. Notwithstanding the fact that laws against killing people will likely not be suspended no matter how bad it gets, dead bodies are a health hazard if you leave them close by. So what are your plans for after you defend your spot with your firearm? Do you have a good shovel? Are you worried about any legal consequences when things return to some sense of normalcy? 

(edited)
7 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

A little while back, Glenn Beck predicted that we would beg for a dictator just to restore some sense of safety and normalcy following the worse case scenario of SHTF.

As far as I am concerned, Glenn Beck is one of the primary reasons we are in the position we are in today.  He has got to be one of the biggest societal antagonists in the history of the human race.  Don't forget the gigantic audience he had on Fox News, back in the day before they kicked him out for being such a lunatic.

Was it about a year ago that he put out that book Addicted to Outrage ?  That's irony, coming from that devil.

Edited to add:  If the shit ever goes down, he's one of the causes and I hope he's stuck in the middle of it.

Edited by NewGuy2005

59 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

With regard to people arming themselves as a part of prepping, one thing I'm curious about is what you plan to do with bodies if they start piling up around your safe space. Notwithstanding the fact that laws against killing people will likely not be suspended no matter how bad it gets, dead bodies are a health hazard if you leave them close by. So what are your plans for after you defend your spot with your firearm? Do you have a good shovel? Are you worried about any legal consequences when things return to some sense of normalcy? 

Lot's of guns doesn't necessarily indicate little sense. I personally don't get the fascination with Glocks and fold up guns of the same caliber for convenience when shotguns, for the vast majority of folks, are vastly superior for defense. Guy's like Brent dig those guns and he practices regularly so I doubt there will be a pile of milk men and paper boys outside his redoubt. In any case, regardless of Ron's desires, I don't think we're heading for civil war so I don't see a concern. A real concern is having some supplies and a power source on hand for natural disasters. That doesn't just make sense, it's smart.

1 hour ago, murps2000 said:

With regard to people arming themselves as a part of prepping, one thing I'm curious about is what you plan to do with bodies if they start piling up around your safe space.

Nothing will really change.  If that happens, the police (or the militia, or the posse, or their families, or whatever) will come and get rid of the killers, one way or the other.

(edited)
On 9/28/2020 at 9:48 AM, skybytch said:

(and 60 rolls of tp because people are stupid)

You realize you're the exact person who you're talking about? The type of people who buy 60 rolls of TP because they think the world is going to end. yea, that's you as you self admitted. You literately couldent have possibly outed yourself any more as one of those ridiculous clowns who buy everything off the shelf because they think zombies are going to take over. It's like when the Trump followers speak about how everyone is so dumb and their stupid actions are going to get everyone infected with Covid, but fail to realize that the group of people they are talking about includes themselves. Yea, that's what is going on here.

Edited by Westerly

7 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Quote from speaker's bio:

XXXXXXXXXX’s Mission is to educate the public on counterterrorism and situational awareness in order to help them better protect their communities, their loved ones, and themselves.

XXXXXXXXXX brings over thirty years of experience in Security and Counterterrorism as a former Intelligence Officer serving with the Central Intelligence Agency and the Department of Defense in Eastern and Western Europe, and the Middle East, and in law enforcement. His expertise took him to Iraq from 2004-2007 where he served as an advisor for counterterrorism and counter-IED operations to the Commanding General, U.S. Army Multi-National Corps – Iraq.

Why are you pretending to keep the name Del W Wilber secret as if he has to be protected, when he publicly advertises his name with that bio?

Doesn't seem like he has anything to say about BLM or Antifa either.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

Why are you pretending to keep the name Del W Wilber secret as if he has to be protected, when he publicly advertises his name with that bio?

Doesn't seem like he has anything to say about BLM or Antifa either.

IAW the pre-briefing instructions.

His presentation included all subversive groups. Interestingly, he had no current info on Q and QAnon.

8 hours ago, Westerly said:

You realize you're the exact person who you're talking about? The type of people who buy 60 rolls of TP because they think the world is going to end. yea, that's you as you self admitted. You literately couldent have possibly outed yourself any more as one of those ridiculous clowns who buy everything off the shelf because they think zombies are going to take over. It's like when the Trump followers speak about how everyone is so dumb and their stupid actions are going to get everyone infected with Covid, but fail to realize that the group of people they are talking about includes themselves. Yea, that's what is going on here.

You have zero basis to make that claim. Buying an extra pack over a long period of time bears no relation to the actions of the people that caused the TP shortages earlier this year because they decided to buy their 60 rolls all at once.

I buy an extra bag of rice and other non-perishables from time to time. That must mean I am one step away from a manifesto!

I am going to go inventory my stockpile while I chuckle to myself about the irony of your claim that other people's posts are outing them as ridiculous clowns.

9 hours ago, Westerly said:

So the 30 rolls we had when the panic buying started (we keep one or two 32 packs on hand all the time and have for the past two years) and the two 32 packs we have purchased over the past six months since it reappeared on shelves (one in June and another last month) means I am a ridiculous clown for purchasing 64 rolls of toilet paper since March.  Well okay then.

Your post has opened my eyes to what I didnt know. Where can I find the lists of items we are allowed to purchase more than one package of every few months without being a ridiculous clown?  Am I a bad person for buying two cases of tomato sauce at the same time?  We have a case and a half of bottled water and plan to buy another real soon;  is that hurting anyone else's chances of buying some?   I'm pretty hopeful that the extra two cans of coconut milk I bought last month is okay, but now I'm just not sure. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skybytch said:

Your post has opened my eyes to what I didnt know. Where can I find the lists of items we are allowed to purchase more than one package of every few months without being a ridiculous clown?  Am I a bad person for buying two cases of tomato sauce at the same time?  We have a case and a half of bottled water and plan to buy another real soon;  is that hurting anyone else's chances of buying some?   I'm pretty hopeful that the extra two cans of coconut milk I bought last month is okay, but now I'm just not sure. 

Your best bet would be to run it by the clown department, we are lucky to have a resident advisor right here in this thread!

6 minutes ago, skybytch said:

So the 30 rolls we had when the panic buying started (we keep one or two 32 packs on hand all the time and have for the past two years) and the two 32 packs we have purchased over the past six months since it reappeared on shelves (one in June and another last month) means I am a ridiculous clown for purchasing 64 rolls of toilet paper since March.  Well okay then.

You sound like the typical Costco customer.

12 hours ago, murps2000 said:

So what are your plans for after you defend your spot with your firearm? Do you have a good shovel? Are you worried about any legal consequences when things return to some sense of normalcy?

I'd call the sheriff's department and tell them what happened. Same as I would if I had to shoot a rabid skunk.  If I have to go to jail, well, I'm a white middle aged female, I'm sure I would be out in no time and be treated well until the courts decide it was justified. Since we live with a 15 to 30 minute potential LE response time and I was in fear for my life, no worries about it not being justified.  

If the shit has truly hit the fan and LE can't help, we have shovels and 5 acres to dig holes in.  Where we live, no one would see us doing so, and if they did they'd likely come help. 

Guns aren't always there because the owner expects to kill a person with them. I have them to be sure I can eliminate dangerous wildlife that could appear on the property at any time, and because they are a blast to shoot.  The ability to defend myself and our property from dangerous humans is only a side benefit.  

1 minute ago, skybytch said:

I'd call the sheriff's department and tell them what happened. Same as I would if I had to shoot a rabid skunk.  If I have to go to jail, well, I'm a white middle aged female, I'm sure I would be out in no time and be treated well until the courts decide it was justified. Since we live with a 15 to 30 minute potential LE response time and I was in fear for my life, no worries about it not being justified.  

If the shit has truly hit the fan and LE can't help, we have shovels and 5 acres to dig holes in.  Where we live, no one would see us doing so, and if they did they'd likely come help. 

Guns aren't always there because the owner expects to kill a person with them. I have them to be sure I can eliminate dangerous wildlife that could appear on the property at any time, and because they are a blast to shoot.  The ability to defend myself and our property from dangerous humans is only a side benefit.  

I hope you have considered being a member of one of the firearms legal defense organizations like USCCA.

I came to a realization that if I ever used my firearms to defend myself and my family I would likely find myself embroiled in a costly legal defense that could deprive us of my freedom and finances. 

Alive but in jail and draining our savings isn't a position I want to find myself in.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:56 AM, RonD1120 said:

We are not racists, and not concerned with skin color. Any terrorist threatening our safety, property, or well-being will be dealt with. We have LE back up on our position. And vice versa, we will back up the LEOs.

OPSEC violated. Initiate protective measures.  

(edited)
11 minutes ago, DougH said:

I hope you have considered being a member of one of the firearms legal defense organizations like USCCA.

I came to a realization that if I ever used my firearms to defend myself and my family I would likely find myself embroiled in a costly legal defense that could deprive us of my freedom and finances. 

Alive but in jail and draining our savings isn't a position I want to find myself in.

I have not. I will be researching that today though.  Thank you for the info (seriously). 

As far as legal expenses, it may come in handy to have a couple lawyers that the hubby taught to skydive in the contacts list. xD

Edited by skybytch

5 minutes ago, skybytch said:

I have not. I will be researching that today though.  Thank you for the info (seriously). 

As far as legal expenses, it may come in handy to have a couple lawyers that the hubby taught to skydive in the contacts list. xD

That might help some, but honestly I don't think most people understand the true potential cost of having to defend themselves after a self defense shooting, even if it occurred in their own home and they did everything right.

I have this bookmarked on my youtube account, it was one of a few informative discussions on the topic. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

. I personally don't get the fascination with Glocks and fold up guns of the same caliber for convenience when shotguns, for the vast majority of folks, are vastly superior for defense. 

I actually prefer a revolver as a handgun (Glocks are not sexy) but 10 rounds is better than 6 (California resident following state law means no magazines larger than 10 rounds).  I prefer a rifle over a shotgun; longer range, can be visually intimidating and recognizable at a distance. If they are close enough for a shotgun to do the most good, the handgun seems to me to be the best option; more rounds equals more stopping power. 

Someone who lives in suburbia has different needs, plans and risks than I do.  I'd agree that a shotgun might be the best option there. 

4 minutes ago, skybytch said:

I actually prefer a revolver as a handgun (Glocks are not sexy) but 10 rounds is better than 6 (California resident following state law means no magazines larger than 10 rounds).  I prefer a rifle over a shotgun; longer range, can be visually intimidating and recognizable at a distance. If they are close enough for a shotgun to do the most good, the handgun seems to me to be the best option; more rounds equals more stopping power. 

Someone who lives in suburbia has different needs, plans and risks than I do.  I'd agree that a shotgun might be the best option there. 

Do Americans even realize that in other western nations people just don't spend time calculating which weapons would be most effective at killing the people invading their homes?

• Like 1

(edited)
20 minutes ago, skybytch said:

Go on the dark web and you can find pretty much anything for sale so I should probably stack up on a contingent of claymore mines, you know, for SHTF.

And I also need the gear to modify my car to Mad Max style with a flamethrower mount. We've also got a big hill behind our house, so I should probably look at installing a cannon battery up there.

If you're going to do something, might as well do it right.

Edited by yoink

19 minutes ago, skybytch said:

I find long guns to be impolite. As a liberal, I believe you should have the opportunity to say by your leave or excuse me before letting loose with all five from your Beretta Tactical. I don't know, maybe it's an Oregon thing.

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

His presentation included all subversive groups. Interestingly, he had no current info on Q and QAnon.

How fascinating!

Up next - Trump does not mention that more than 200,000 US citizens have died so far of COVID-19.  Even more interesting!